• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had bad experiences with Merlin, mainly Chipper. He scored two own goals one game. He was on his way for a third when I chased him down "No Chipper, Chipper stop!". Screw you, Chipper.

BShadowJ

Haven't had bad experiences with Merlin, mainly Chipper. He scored two own goals one game. He was on his way for a third when I chased him down "No Chipper, Chipper stop!". Screw you, Chipper.

It's only a matter of time... One day he'll be at goalie duty, and then suddenly go on an acid trip because of his potion brewing and not save an easy goal, and then YOU will be mad at him too!

#BenchMerlin

galvenize

Alright, just went through a dozen of private games with friends and...

This is how this game should be played. Online is tons of fucking fun.

Just played some private matches with 2 friends against a team of 3 allstar bots. So fun, but I wish we could play against other people :(

JoshHood

Anything you can think of, you can do with split-screen:

de9iwDd.png

Yes.

Not *totally* true. If your split-screen players on PS4 are signed into guest accounts (rather than having downloaded their profiles to the PS4 to sign into), the game won't let you play online. Call of Duty et al deal with this by just making them [Profile Name](1), [Profile Name](2) etc. We tried to do this having two players each on two PS4s playing against each other, but no go :(

Wishing for a P2P alternative at this point. Dedicated servers are nice... When they're functional. I can't even imagine how much this must suck for Psyonix. Steam refund numbers aren't too high I hope?

I wonder if there's some amount of confidentiality between them and the server host they chose? Seems kind of ridiculous we can be given the names of every single developer who touched the game, and yet the one thing currently damaging the game the most gets to remain anonymous.

Was playing after work this morning just fine and having a blast. Expected to be able to wake up around now and play with my friends for the first time, aaaaand... :(

BShadowJ

Not *totally* true. If your split-screen players on PS4 are signed into guest accounts (rather than having downloaded their profiles to the PS4 to sign into), the game won't let you play online. Call of Duty et al deal with this by just making them [Profile Name](1), [Profile Name](2) etc. We tried to do this having two players each on two PS4s playing against each other, but no go :(

Huh I'd assume this is because of the server issues, because what you're describing is totally possible to do, and exactly how Rocket League handles split-screen ( [Player], [Player](2), etc), unless I'm just misunderstanding something.

Grinchy

Banned
The ranked leaderboards don't show me at #1 yet, so you know there's something wrong. But until things are fixed, just assume I'm #1.

Not a problem for me since I have backup JPN and EUR accounts on my PS4 in addition to my main USA account. It doesn't take too long to login or make new accounts.

MMaRsu

Hey guys a bunch of gaffers on ps4 right now we are in a 3 man party and looking for 3 other players so we dont get wrecked by bots.

psn id is mmarsu / TheWorthyEdge / Korten12

My Merlin keeps scoring for the other team =[

I had this happen to me like 4 times so far, my own teammate will just drive the ball into my net for no reason. It happened a lot with merlin on my team at rookie, but then i switched to pro and recruited Wolfman and Hollywood, they are mostly badass but they still scored on the wrong goal once.

The AI in this game can be retarded as fuck sometimes.

plz online start working

I love this game. PS Plus just keeps on giving! I hope they put up some DLC so I can give this dev some money.

I think they said all future new stadiums will be free right? They are selling cosmetic stuff? If so, Bravo.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Hey guys a bunch of gaffers on ps4 right now we are in a 3 man party and looking for 3 other players so we dont get wrecked by bots.

still room? i sent a friend request (username is Putkinokkonen).

I'll join you, just give me a second to send you a friend request. My PSN is the same as my GAF name.

don't fall for this, Korten will fucking wreck you.

source: GAF's last of us multiplayer tournament.

wish i was home to play, would join you guys for sure

Man, so many people dont know about split-screen.

The info bar on Rocket League's main menu should give you tips like:

"PLAY 4 PLAYER SPLIT-SCREEN, AND PLAY ONLINE WITH 4 PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN!"

I remember during beta, one guy didn't even know the game had split-screen. And then you tell someone you can go online with split-screen with the full 4 players and their brain explodes. Easily the killer feature of this game.

That said, Psyonix, I wish you separated offline and online stat tracking :(
And I wish you had a counter to show how many hours I play. It's oddly tracked with the antennae you use, but nowhere is there an actual timer.

ALSO:

I wish there were retroactive accolades that rewarded you for breaking or forcing Overtime in the last 10 seconds of normal play. Nothing is more fun than getting a goal in the last 10 seconds that either avoids overtime by breaking a tie, or forces overtime by making a tie :D

Wishing for a P2P alternative at this point. Dedicated servers are nice... When they're functional. I can't even imagine how much this must suck for Psyonix. Steam refund numbers aren't too high I hope?

I wonder if there's some amount of confidentiality between them and the server host they chose? Seems kind of ridiculous we can be given the names of every single developer who touched the game, and yet the one thing currently damaging the game the most gets to remain anonymous.

Was playing after work this morning just fine and having a blast. Expected to be able to wake up around now and play with my friends for the first time, aaaaand... :(

Oh come on, the servers will be fixed :)

P2P is horrible, and a game like this needs dedicated servers.

JoshHood

Huh I'd assume this is because of the server issues, because what you're describing is totally possible to do, and exactly how Rocket League handles split-screen ( [Player], [Player](2), etc), unless I'm just misunderstanding something.

So, I have Player A signed into an account on a PS4, with Guest1 then also on there. On the other PS4, we have Player B signed in, also with a Guest1. When either of the machines send the other an invite, it fails to accept because "Guest1 is not signed into PSN". :(

Ark

How the fuck are you guys playing online? I've been in the queue for ages and nothing :L

Also, fuck not having any kind of LAN/P2P system for private matches :l

So, I have Player A signed into an account on a PS4, with Guest1 then also on there. On the other PS4, we have Player B signed in, also with a Guest1. When either of the machines send the other an invite, it fails to accept because "Guest1 is not signed into PSN". :(

Does the other PS4 have PS+?

Did both PS4s purchase the game/download it from PS+?

Are both PS4s set to the account owner's primary PS4?

BShadowJ

Have you tried this, like one of the devs said:

You can use guest accounts if the signed in player has the PS4 set to be his or her primary console.

Because that's not normal behaviour pretty sure, since I've played in the Beta against other people online in split-screen, and it showed their names as [Player] and [Player](2).

Chuck

Still without luck
So when you all were playing the AI, did you find it really really easy to charge the ball on the kickoff and score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom