• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just got into an elite 4v4 and Jesus Christ. More intense than any game I played in the preview build. Just intense and epic, and I felt like I was competing in an arena. Then we tried to change maps and couldn't reconnect, lol.

This game though, when these servers are up. This game...

BShadowJ

Wow, just got into an elite 4v4 and Jesus Christ. More intense than any game I played in the preview build. Just intense and epic, and I felt like I was competing in an arena. Then we tried to change maps and couldn't reconnect, lol.

This game though, when these servers are up. This game...

What you should do is play some games on PS4. That's where the real elite
me
play... :p

Ark

Managed to get into a private server and play with 7 friends. But my ping was like 300 :l

We left to change the bot difficulty and the servers were down :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, that's enough for today then. At least I got to play a few online matches. And it was fun! I still suck terribly at hitting balls in the air with any consistency, but I'm already better at it than I was 24 hours ago. I'll get there!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's enough for today then. At least I got to play a few online matches. And it was fun! I still suck terribly at hitting balls in the air with any consistency, but I'm already better at it than I was 24 hours ago. I'll get there!

2 matches in 2 days for me :/

Yudoken

I play on PC with a PS4 controller. Best of 2 worlds.

I play with a standard 360 pad, my friend with a DS4, another with a 360 wired and the 4th other wireless transforming 360 pad (stable 60, 1080 with high MSAA and in the future downsampling from 4k to 1080p).
Also, we can fully disable or even highly dim the annoying light of the DS4 controller.

Also, this is possible:
U3PsMhu.jpg

I'm so glad this is out on pc too. And X play.

BShadowJ

Your level, unlocks, i even tried to load my save via Ps plus (uploaded and then downloaded it) no dice...

Really? Damn now I don't know what do... I checked my game and it says I have close to a year before expiring (as in, it's activated through my EU account), but I downloaded it from NZ... If I keep playing I'm fine, but if I accidently delete it I'm screwed then LOL I'm just gonna hope my PS4 works forever >_<

Roto13

I was going to say "I'd like to be able to use these season team colours in other modes" but I'm currently a gold and white team playing against a white and gold team and...

EDIT: OK, they might be white and red or something but it's sitll hard to tell the differnce from a distance.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
So, I let my PS+ lapse because I wasn't playing online or really using the ps4 at all and the games have been pretty bad, but I have a 1 year ps+ card ready to go.

Is this worth redeeming it?

I was going to say "I'd like to be able to use these season team colours in other modes" but I'm currently a gold and white team playing against a white and gold team and...

EDIT: OK, they might be white and red or something but it's sitll hard to tell the differnce from a distance.

Man I would love colours for online.

Some of them are so sexy. Better than blue vs orange all the time

Give us more basic colours Psy!

Mechazawa

So, I let my PS+ lapse because I wasn't playing online or really using the ps4 at all and the games have been pretty bad, but I have a 1 year ps+ card ready to go.

Not until the damn game works.

Give it a few days.

Or unless you can swing playing it at 2 in the morning.

Feels like The Master Chief collection. Check their twitter, see tweets that indicate it may be better, try to find a game, matchmaking loops forever

:(

I play with a standard 360 pad, my friend with a DS4, another with a 360 wired and the 4th other wireless transforming 360 pad (stable 60, 1080 with high MSAA and in the future downsampling from 4k to 1080p).
Also, we can fully disable or even highly dim the annoying light of the DS4 controller.

Also, this is possible:
U3PsMhu.jpg

Can I come over?

Hoo-doo

Banned

It's a silly, simple, fun, easy to pick up and play competitive game.

It's one of those games that'll always be fun to play with friends and will be a mainstay on my PS4 probably until Rocket League 2. Don't go expecting a lengthy campaign or single-player component though, this game shines when playing online. And it shines fucking bright as hell every match.

Just got done playing online for an hour and WOW, this is fun. The bigger 4v4s or 3v3s were great. Was with more or less the same set of people though, which was sad, but still fun. First online game I got a hattrick too! But then forgot to save the replay.

Have saved some since then, and can't wait to compile a quick video. Anyone got tips on how to showcase replays?

Thankfully I've been able to remove getting motion sick while playing, but the replay function brings it back. Gotta get to grips with it.

Yudoken

This still looks like a shit experience if 4 people are huddled around a desk.

Comfy couch gaming is a great thing, this is kinda doing it wrong.

I agreeI
I personally play on a big couch on a tv. The tv is a really great huge Samsung LED tv and was just recently bought.
Nothing more comfortable and comfy than couch gaming with a pc.
And a logitech k400 is perfect for couch operating.

BShadowJ

If they do let us make our own team logos and ranked teams and such, being able to play with different colors would be SO good. And to solve the problem you've mentioned, maybe they could make so teams have two color sets and they choose before playing? As in, you know... real football. :p

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

Also, this is possible:
U3PsMhu.jpg

Let's be friends

Seriously awesome set up

The Cowboy

This is such a strait up fun as hell game, i bloody love it - haven't had such strait up unadulterated fun in MP since Quake 3.

Driving full speed from your end to the other and then flying into the air spinning around and smashing the ball into the goal on a rebound is just such a good feeling :D.

If they do let us make our own team logos and ranked teams and such, being able to play with different colors would be SO good. And to solve the problem you've mentioned, maybe they could make so teams have two color sets and they choose before playing? As in, you know... real football. :p

I think the simpler solution is to just randomize from a set of colours before a match starts for both teams, and to ennsure that they are distinct from each other.

Don't need to have blue vs. green, for example, but green vs. orange would be cool.

The colour palette for blue seems to allow colours that are closer to green too, so they could either reduce the palette, or just have a preset number of opposing colours that aren't similar to each other, and that get assigned when dropping into a game.

I'd love more colours.

Also, for the love of god, I need a "hours players" timer lol

Afrodium

Banned
Looking to play with some folks on GAF. Add me on PSN and I'll invite you to my party (unless it's full). Looking to play for a few hours.

PSN: Afrodium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom