• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a strait up fun as hell game, i bloody love it - haven't had such strait up unadulterated fun in MP since Quake 3.

Driving full speed from your end to the other and then flying into the air spinning around and smashing the ball into the goal on a rebound is just such a good feeling :D.

Pro tip: Flipping forward gives you a small boost :D

I see a lot of players helplessly make a beeline for their goal when they dont have boost, but flipping helps a lot, as shown in the tutorial

Think I prefer 2v2. 3v3 and 4v4 seems a bit too nuts sometimes.

Oh yeah, 4v4 is too much for me too. I think 4v4 would be real fun in variety maps though, with different shapes.

2v2 and 3v3 are the real, competitive modes that would be great in esports. 2v2 has a lot of cool tactics, especially with rebounds and passes, and 3v3 sees more defensive plays that are real intense.

PaulLFC

I remember reading earlier that someone's platinumed this, and all I can think is "how?" - none of the trophies are difficult, but the drive 500km one, that'll take time.

I've spent quite a few games today just driving round endlessly after going a couple of goals ahead, and I just checked my stats - total driven so far is about 16km. Only 484km to go!

How someone has driven 500km in less than 2 days I don't know.

Roto13

Fair trade-off, I think. I want those team colors.

Man I would love colours for online.

Some of them are so sexy. Better than blue vs orange all the time

Give us more basic colours Psy!

If they do let us make our own team logos and ranked teams and such, being able to play with different colors would be SO good. And to solve the problem you've mentioned, maybe they could make so teams have two color sets and they choose before playing? As in, you know... real football. :p

I'd be satisfied with the Splatoon way. Teams come in sets of two that contrast well against each and they're assigned randomly.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I remember reading earlier that someone's platinumed this, and all I can think is "how?" - none of the trophies are difficult, but the drive 500km one, that'll take time.

I've spent quite a few games today just driving round endlessly after going a couple of goals ahead, and I just checked my stats - total driven so far is about 16km. Only 484km to go!

How someone has driven 500km in less than 2 days I don't know.
500 will be nothing as this games legs for enjoyment are long. I out 300 hours into alpha in 1 map.

Yudoken

Let's be friends

Seriously awesome set up

This is not mine, found it on reddit.
My couch setup is still great!
Gonna make some nice screenshots of it tomorrow.
It's kinda sad that currently nobody have time other than on thr weekend.
Played a few games with my roommate (he likes the game but don't want to play after an a few matches) and online with a friend (when it was possible for a few coop and vs matches).
We had a lot of fun and we want to do it again tomorrow.
Hopefully we can get 6-8 people so we can play 3 vs 3 or even 4 vs 4 on two big tvs in the same room on pc at my place on the weekend.

Afrodium

Banned
I immediately found a game and then left to start a private match. Now I can't get in any games. I didn't know how good I had it...

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
This game is toooooooo fucking good, most multiplayer fun from a free game since 1v100.

But the damn servers, haven't been able to play for a half hour.

I'd pay $20+ for this game, fucking hell this is good!

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
I immediately found a game and then left to start a private match. Now I can't get in any games. I didn't know how good I had it...

Same, had a game for a long time, left to eat and when I came back I can't play now

breakfuss

Been trying to get into a match since last night. Still the same situation. At least there's this one song that I like playing in the menu but this is damn frustrating.

BShadowJ

It really should be working right now if you search Unranked, especially Standard. If you've been in queue awhile try restarting.

I really wanted to play Ranked though... ;(

Oh well it's too late for me to play right now, I'll try again tomorrow. Good to know the issues are being fixed though! :)

nicolajNN

Really? Damn now I don't know what do... I checked my game and it says I have close to a year before expiring (as in, it's activated through my EU account), but I downloaded it from NZ... If I keep playing I'm fine, but if I accidently delete it I'm screwed then LOL I'm just gonna hope my PS4 works forever >_<

I think it's different for you since NZ is part of the EU region it's the same game for your country and NZ, but for people in the US it's two completely different regions and thus downloads. In short you probably won't lose your unlocks

It really should be working right now if you search Unranked, especially Standard. If you've been in queue awhile try restarting.

Awesome, you guys were real cool with the constant updates over twitter, seems like everything should be rock solid or near perfect by tomorrow night.

---

Has anyone played a lot of ranked? How does it work?

Everything is in "pre-season" right now, but what happens when the season starts? Do we get different medals? (those are bronze medallion next to the ranked playlists right?)

By the way, Psyonix, you should partner with a Youtuber who is willing to do "Top 10 plays" or "Player montages"

In Uncharted, there was a guy who everybody submitted their clips to, and he would painstakingly convert every clip and put together a montage of best plays, along with the player name.

It was awesome

For Uncharted 3, Naughty Dog had "Uncharted TV". They built a mini-tv right into the MP UI. Sometimes they played ND created clips that gave advice or advertised DLC.

But they also partnered with the Youtuber who made UC2 videos. He basically created montages that were showed on the main UI screen. It was an awesome way of the developer and fans collaborating together.

I'm sure that's very difficult to add (though it'd be awesome), but since you guys have links to Youtube, Twitter, and Reddit....

Why not have a link to a Youtube channel? PS4 easily opens web links.

There are some dedicated Rocket League websites already that focus on creating content. I'd totally watch a "Best Plays of the Month" if it was built right into the Information Panel on the RL UI.

You know, esports and all...maybe some of us Gaffers can even have a PSN dedicated to amassing clips from other players and putting it together ourselves :D

taoofjord

All of a sudden my fan started getting REALLY loud while waiting matchmaking on the main menu. I heard talk about the main menu overheating PS4s but up until now my fan never get this loud. Not sure if I should keep trying or wait for an update. I'm dying to play.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got in, had two games, went for a piss and now I'm stuck in MM again. Fuck my life...

All of a sudden my fan started getting REALLY loud while waiting matchmaking on the main menu. I heard talk a out the main menu ova using PS4s to overheat but up until now my fan didn't get this loud. Not sure if I should keep trying or wait for an update. I'm dying to play.

As a temp workaround, you can pivot the camera to look down on the main menu to reduce fan stuff.

Started a second season before I left for work. Now I'm sitting here eager to get back home to play more.

Hoping to get some games in with you guys tonight or tomorrow

All of a sudden my fan started getting REALLY loud while waiting matchmaking on the main menu. I heard talk about the main menu overheating PS4s but up until now my fan never get this loud. Not sure if I should keep trying or wait for an update. I'm dying to play.

Point the camera (right stick) top down on your car as a temporary fix. Avoid the camera looking at the background

Edit: Beaten like me vs. Gibb in Rocket League

If you tilt the camera so it's only looking at the car, this stops the fan issue.

Weird fix but it works until they get round to patching or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom