• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolishQ

Is everyone getting "You are offline" in the news ticker at the bottom of the screen while waiting for a match? PS4 version. Wondering if that has anything to do with it taking forever to find a game.

Tetra-9

Is everyone getting "You are offline" in the news ticker at the bottom of the screen while waiting for a match? PS4 version. Wondering if that has anything to do with it taking forever to find a game.

Just looked and that's what mine says. Sucks cause I was in and out of different games for 4 hours last night and today got into 1 match.

nicolajNN

Ignore it, the ticker information is taken from their website, which is overloaded right now

Aceofspades

Banned
I'm having a blast with this game, playing local multiplayer 2vs2 with my friends. game run super smooth too, I haven't tried online yet.

TheFatMan

I wanted to like this game, but I refuse to play buggy shit anymore. I have too many games backlogged to waste time on a game that can't even get matchmaking (the backbone of the game) to work properly.

If this hadn't been free I'd be livid.

Gibbles17

I wanted to like this game, but I refuse to play buggy shit anymore. I have too many games backlogged to waste time on a game that can't even get matchmaking (the backbone of the game) to work properly.

What kind of bugs are you bumping in to? Got into a game by restarting the search a few times and the whole thing ran perfectly for 10-11 games.

ZServ

Seeya, then. I have had zero issues. Even yesterday, when the servers weren't up, they were only down for me for maybe 2 hours? I played season during that and proceeded to do 5 hours of ranked doubles, no problems whatsoever. Got home today, played Chaos with 4 players (one of which was a splitscreen partner, thank you devs <3!) nooooo problem. Dunno what to tell you man, works fine for me.

Afrodium

Banned

Just wait a week, man. It ain't going anywhere.

TheFatMan

What kind of bugs are you bumping in to? Got into a game by restarting the search a few times and the whole thing ran perfectly for 10-11 games.

THIS. After nearly twenty attempts to get into online matchmaking today I've managed to get in once for seven games. I'd say matchmaking not working at all is a pretty hefty bug in a game which primarily focuses on, you know, online matchmaking.

Reebot

Haven't got a single online match to work on PS4. Damn shame. I'll give it a pass because free game, but I'd feel pretty pissed if I paid.

TheFatMan

Seeya, then. I have had zero issues. Even yesterday, when the servers weren't up, they were only down for me for maybe 2 hours? I played season during that and proceeded to do 5 hours of ranked doubles, no problems whatsoever. Got home today, played Chaos with 4 players (one of which was a splitscreen partner, thank you devs <3!) nooooo problem. Dunno what to tell you man, works fine for me.

Yes, it's all in my head. The hundreds of posts in this thread alone with people having the same problem are also non-existent. While I am very happy that you can play, acting like it's not a problem for the grand majority of people is a really annoying stance to take friend.

Chuck

Still without luck
I guess you don't know how to read. Sorry bro.

Ignoring the problems that a lot of people are experiencing in this thread (including myself, albeit not as severe as the others) is wrong.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Why does it search for a private game when i create one? (And then fail) Just want to play 3v3 with my friend and bots.

ZServ

Ignoring the problems that a lot of people are experiencing in this thread (including myself, albeit not as severe as the others) is wrong.

I'm not ignoring them, it is evident that a lot of people are having issues. However, let's think about this for a second.

My response is to *this* singular attitude, not everyone having issues. The game launched yesterday. I'm not excusing it for being buggy. I'm not saying that he has no right to be mad. I'm saying that in a world where triple-A franchises are releasing titles that are broken day one, and I mean *broken* to the point of not only needing a day one patch but several iterative patches in the following months just to get it to function at all (MCC, AC:U, B:AK on PC, etc..) the fact that a game launched with matchmaking issues isn't shocking.

The fact that the devs have been working around the clock and been transparent with us, the user base, is. What should I say? What is the appropriate response? I'm not a developer. The developers are listening, that much is obvious. They're making an astounding amount of changes to fix things. This is a game that is cross platform and obviously exceeding the demand they thought it would have. "It has matchmaking issues." Yeah. No shit, that's what "servers are filling as we put them up" means. Having servers be full is the same as having no servers.

The game works properly. You can play exhibition matches, season mode, private matches, whatever. There are countless options. Being pissed off because matchmaking isn't ideal the day after launch doesn't help, nor solve any issues. Neither does blowing up and saying "I have too many backlogged games to play buggy shit like this."

Who benefits from that statement? Literally no one. I have no sympathy for misplaced anger.

Edit: And if I came off as dismissive of your issues, I'm not trying to be. I'm not saying you're imagining things. I never said it was all in your head. I said "I'm not having those issues." And I'm not. I've gotten into matchmaking near instantly all day. I did have an instance where it said something along the lines of waiting for more players with your search criteria, but I backed out of the search and it immediately worked. If I had a slot open I'd offer it to you so that I could matchmake for you.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'm not ignoring them, it is evident that a lot of people are having issues. However, let's think about this for a second.
Oh so you went out of your way to be a condescending asshole to prove a point. Cool.

You are actually crazy then.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

My response is to *this* singular attitude, not everyone having issues. The game launched yesterday. I'm not excusing it for being buggy. I'm not saying that he has no right to be mad. I'm saying that in a world where triple-A franchises are releasing titles that are broken day one, and I mean *broken* to the point of not only needing a day one patch but several iterative patches in the following months just to get it to function at all (MCC, AC:U, B:AK on PC, etc..) the fact that a game launched with matchmaking issues isn't shocking.

The fact that the devs have been working around the clock and been transparent with us, the user base, is. What should I say? What is the appropriate response? I'm not a developer. The developers are listening, that much is obvious. They're making an astounding amount of changes to fix things. This is a game that is cross platform and obviously exceeding the demand they thought it would have. "It has matchmaking issues." Yeah. No shit, that's what "servers are filling as we put them up" means. Having servers be full is the same as having no servers.

The game works properly. You can play exhibition matches, season mode, private matches, whatever. There are countless options. Being pissed off because matchmaking isn't ideal the day after launch doesn't help, nor solve any issues. Neither does blowing up and saying "I have too many backlogged games to play buggy shit like this."

Who benefits from that statement? Literally no one. I have no sympathy for misplaced anger.

Edit: And if I came off as dismissive of your issues, I'm not trying to be. I'm not saying you're imagining things. I never said it was all in your head. I said "I'm not having those issues." And I'm not. I've gotten into matchmaking near instantly all day. I did have an instance where it said something along the lines of waiting for more players with your search criteria, but I backed out of the search and it immediately worked. If I had a slot open I'd offer it to you so that I could matchmake for you.

I cannot play private matches on ps4... Keeps saying cannot find server.

ps3ud0

Got to say whatever issues its having with MP, at least the devs are here and on social media actively engaging. They didnt run away and hide like others have done when their AAA game launched only to resurface weeks later...

I was lucky enough to play it on launch and the servers were flawless til they went down (16 ping is nice even though I suck), I cant see how they cant get that back in a timely fashion. The game though it has to be said is a different beast once you play with humans, the AI bots are ok, just an inferior experience - so hurry up servers ;)

ps3ud0 8)

Justified

No your response was

Dunno what to tell you man, works fine for me.

After explaining how everything worked Well for you, as if the issue he was pointing out was an outlier, or an issue on his end.

Matching making being broken in a game of this nature is an issue. Just because other games are broken too, doesn't excuse it

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure where the last 3 hours went, but it's now 4am. When you finally get into a game you don't leave!

Man, what a fantastic game. Played it for about 6 hours straight today with two of my friends. An absolute blast the entire time and I've probably started to lose my voice a bit.

My only complaint is the inconsistent FPS and I hope that gets patched. Otherwise, just superb all around.

Lunar FC

I hope they add a win percentage and goals per game to the leader boards. All the stats are really just how many matches have you managed to get into.

game go 0-0 into overtime

i score on our own goal
yBBJBDB.jpg

For the record, I've had no trouble with matchmaking (PS4) for the past 5 hours or so. I'm on the west coast of North America, and been searching for 3/3, 4/4 in US West and East. Join a game within 10 seconds every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom