• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
I still love the money rocket trail the best. What's everyone's favorites?

Nope, only a few leggy intervals and those only lasted a couple seconds. And you know how much of a problem lag has been for me previously...
lmao yep I knew if you said it wasn't laggy then there must be something weird on my end

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

lmao yep I knew if you said it wasn't laggy then there must be something weird on my end

I like grass because it sounds like a lawnmower. Bubbles are good too.

U2NUMB

Gotta say in a few games online this particular game has provided me with more holy shit moments than any other game combined over the last couple years.

Scored 2 seconds into match... scored 4 goals in a game we won 4-0... and I am just now starting to get the feel of it.

Great game... so much fun. Might double dip to support them on PC and whatever platform it also comes to.. no idea if it is, just really like what they have going here.

Roto13

I only have a few days until I leave to visit my parents for two weeks and I'm considering buying the PC version to play there.

Yea we will nerf that sitar sound on boost activation, it's out of control.

If you think that's bad you should have heard the old Confetti sound.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I had a good time along with a lot of frustration trying to learn the game. I hope the match making gets better. To many times the skill level of the teams was really lopsided. A couple of time in 3v3 matches it was 3 semi-pro vs 3 rookies. Most of the games were very lopsided in score as a result. I can't wait to get my skill level up so I can help my team more. Best PSN game on the PS4 and my favorite PSN game since sleeping dogs on the PS3. Also in my hour and a half of play never ran into anyone with a MIC which sucked.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm glad that these leaderboards are getting a reset because I'm getting people in 3v3 that make me wish for Rookie bots lol

I need to get some aerial practice in. I haven't been able to boost up into the air to hit a ball at all with the rocket boost. It's all about those (poorly) timed front flips to hit a landing ball. Only for everyone to miss and scramble as the ball sits there.

I need to get some aerial practice in. I haven't been able to boost up into the air to hit a ball at all with the rocket boost. It's all about those (poorly) timed front flips to hit a landing ball. Only for everyone to miss and scramble as the ball sits there.
I tend to play goalie, and I can't help but laugh everytime I see that happen.

valeo

First impression: Gravity is too low
15 matches later: Gravity is too low

You just spend way too much time up in the air, particularly in the corners waiting for the ball ⚽ to come back down.

It's to give you time to do things like drive up the wall, flick off backwards and propel it into the goal.

I tend to play goalie, and I can't help but laugh everytime I see that happen.

Me too. Funniest moment is when someone is full boosting in for a certain goal, then they somehow completely miss it and go straight through the goal and end up upside down.

Anybody else have a burn in effect sometimes on PC? You can see the extra set of light and rocket ghosted on my screen Always from the start of the match. It usually goes away quickly but sometimes it stays the entire game.

87383AF0AC689DFDD13343FDCC9F484D08E3B193

I don't see anybody showing of their cars. I love the customization. Here is my venom. Don't have all the paint sets yet though.

Aceofspades

Banned
I'm surprised that flag is missing. Are other Middle East flags missing too?

I don't know really, I was looking for my country's flag couldn't find it so I put Argentina because I'm a huge fan of ARG national soccer team . game is brilliant though .

EDIT: I remember seeing UAE and Yemen Flags so Saudi Arabia omission was weird giving its the biggest country in the area with most console sales than both, but its OK, I'll give the devs he benefit of the doubt, I hope they patch it soon.

I haven't tried the online yet, but can PS4 and PC people queue together? My one friend and I are on PS4, and another friend is considering getting it on PC because he doesn't have a console.

hydruxo

I haven't had this much fun with a mp game in years. Been playing 3v3 private matches with some friends for two hours straight haha. This game is just pure fun.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
So, oblogatory question: How are the servers doing?

i dont have most of the fancy trails, but im rocking a road hog with skull painting, the pirate hat and the jolly roger flag (and lowrider wheels lol)
loving it!

myco666

Managed to play tutorial and mess around in free play yesterday. Game feels great to play and I would imagine that the multiplayer is super fun. Hopefully I can test it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom