• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

Love the game, but what's up with devs not knowing how their game will behave when it goes live?? It's driveclub all over again...

What was the beta for?

Borman

Love the game, but what's up with devs not knowing how their game will behave when it goes live?? It's driveclub all over again...

What was the beta for?

The beta again worked great. Things are different at 8k versus 50k, only so much a simulated test can do.

Played SARPBC a lot over the years, loved the beta, but man this game chugs sometimes, offline. Not sure why they added rain effects and crazy smoke effects (money flying, flowers, etc) if the game can't keep a steady frame rate...makes it worse.

Great game though, can't wait till the servers are up!

Durden77

Wow this game is a RIOT. Haven't played online, but I've just been playing locally with a friend and hot damn. Having a party on Friday and this is going to be perfect. So happy it has 4 player split screen.

Ferrio

Banned

What was the beta for?

Wonder how far ahead the devs knew the title would be PS+. That'd explain why there's a lot more demand compared to servers.

Werd

I've been able to get into games, enjoyign it.

I wish there were a few slots to save car builds so I could switch between them without having to choose everything.

MUnited83

For you.

What was the beta for?

Sorry, nobody made a magic software that accomplishes that just yet. You can't know how the game will behave until it goes truly live. A beta only does so much.

Planetside 2 was sketchy for the first few days. Its so much better already. Releasing a game that's free, the servers will get hammered since everyone will at least try it. When the wave of initial players dies down to just the people who like it enough to keep playing, it will probably stabilize. Probably cost too much money for servers to support such a large number of people when its only going to be that busy for a few days. I at least hope that's what the issue is.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've been able to get into games, enjoyign it.

I wish there were a few slots to save car builds so I could switch between them without having to choose everything.

You should be able to design each car individually, and you should be able to design red and blue separately as well, my red wheels don't go with my blue car!

Played SARPBC a lot over the years, loved the beta, but man this game chugs sometimes, offline. Not sure why they added rain effects and crazy smoke effects (money flying, flowers, etc) if the game can't keep a steady frame rate...makes it worse.

Great game though, can't wait till the servers are up!

Game definitely needs performance updates on PS4

Think it's more the arenas than the boost though

Maps like Urban are perfect 60 FPS.

valeo

In the future i'd like to see some more variation in 'pitches'. I love the game but can see it getting a little samey.

Shadybiz

Eh I'd care more if I paid for the game. Driveclub...I cared when it happened with Driveclub, for sure, so I can understand pc players being a little upset, but yeah, just give it a few days. Haven't gotten into a game yet, but only tried a couple times. In the meantime, practicing with the AI and getting easy unlocks will have to do.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Finally Got into an online game earlier and played a few matches. Pings of players were all very low, impressed with net code. Had several "hero" moments with saves and scores. When it works, this game is the real thing. San Fran rush meets FIFA.

Too bad I haven't been able to get in since.

Bishop89

Maybe I can easily find games coz I'm searching 'oceania' only and it's not overloaded coz "loloceania" and all the traffic is going to euromerica :)

valeo

Finally Got into an online game earlier and played a few matches. Pings of players were all very low, impressed with net code. Had several "hero" moments with saves and scores. When it works, this game is the real thing. San Fran rush meets FIFA.

Too bad I haven't been able to get in since.

That's one thing - the ping can vary for me sometimes, but the netcode is quite good. Even with 500 ping I found I could account for the rubber banding.

Also, re: maps - did some reading -

"We are already putting the finishing touches on our first paid add-on pack, “Supersonic Fury,” which will add two new cars and several more surprises later this month. Even better: our first DLC map, inspired by the classic Battle-Cars arena, “Utopia,” is almost done as well and will be available in July. And, like ALL of our future maps, it will be 100% free. But we’ll have more on that soon.
"
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...-rocket-league-out-today-on-playstation-plus/

Great to hear that - especially that it's going to be free. Wonder what the DLC cars will be? Just skins?

On ps4 is there a way to set up a LAN party to play season mode with a buddy? My roommate and I would like to do a 2v2 season but it's not possible online. You can play season mode in split screen but it would be much better with lan if possible. Any idea?

Zoracka

Had an amazing streak this night. Met a random dude online, had a couple of matches together and against each other. We eventually teamed up and just headed into standard. I think we had around 25-30 wins in a row with a playtime on 4-5 hours. This game is amazing!

Grinchy

Banned
I finally got into a ranked 2v2 but it was so laggy. Still ended up winning with a very worthless partner but I'm kinda afraid to play ranked while the servers are so dodgy.

What was the beta for?
It's not a load anticipation thing, that's the issue. We specifically chose a large, reputable provider so we could scale up infinitely to meet demand. The problem is that provider has some limitations in place that blew everything up around ~8k users and it's been all day with them trying to resolve and get back operational. So the safe, responsible choice so this wouldn't happen is exactly what has broken things the first day. Figures, right?

I hear you, but it's not a load problem and it's not mundane. There's a reason everybody has issues at launch with online play - launch puts an extreme stress on parts of your network stack that are very hard to test accurately before it occurs. Stuff works smoothly in a 10k concurrent player beta and falls apart at 13k, or 15k, or 20k... for unexpected reasons, not because of a lack of server quantity from underestimating demand.

I know it doesn't make the fact it's not easy to play online much better, but I appreciate their communication on the issue. It seems like something they can fix and are actively working towards (so I wouldn't imagine it being anywhere near the DC or HCC issues). I've managed to get 30 games online in since this morning, so it is capable of working. Hopefully it gets completely hashed out soon.

Noobcraft

So I got in about 40 matches of multiplayer. It's a really fun game but I'm not sure it has legs (for me at least). If I can get some friends together I'm sure it will be even better.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Add PSN: ROCKETLEAGUE-GAF then add its friends so that you have people to invite.

IISANDERII

First impression: Gravity is too low
15 matches later: Gravity is too low

You just spend way too much time up in the air, particularly in the corners waiting for the ball ⚽ to come back down.

CLEEK

What was the beta for?

I played about 6 online matches in a row last night (PS4). Didn't have a single connection issue. Only stopped playing as it was past my bed time!

First impression: Gravity is too low
15 matches later: Gravity is too low

You just spend way too much time up in the air, particularly in the corners waiting for the ball ⚽ to come back down.

We gave you a giant rocket on your car so you don't have to wait for it to come down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom