• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game is nuts. Really gotta work on my timing. Hope people are patient with the servers. It's day two and it is has had a lot of traffic so it was bound to happen. If giants like EA, Activision, Take Two and more have issues the first week.

I am always willing to forgive matchmaking woes early on, so long as when you do matchmaker the game actually works properly and in this case it does. It is not a buggy game just a very high traffic game that is not able to handle the traffic yet.

Got lots of matches in today. Servers seemed to have improved in the end a lot.

Man I love this game. Love ranked, but I wish I knew the skill level of my opponents.

Also, I really REALLY hate that there isn't a dedicated stat page for just online/ranked. Would have loved to have my stats to nerd out over. Leaderboards should include stuff like W/L Ratio and Average Goals, Points, Assists, Saves, but only for online/ranked.

hope that gets added for the reset.

Also, I've improved a ton from beta. Nailing almost every shot, there's just this great feeling of being in the zone and getting the rhythm of the physics. Love how I know how to get accurate shots to go exactly where I want by hitting the ball at the right angle and speed.

Played a great competitive game that was my best since beta. Gonna have to upload that one. Just a perfect back and forth.

I swear, my favourite moments in the game are when NO ONE scores. Just a constant back and forth with close calls and misses, until someone gets that one shot in. So hype.

Some of the most instant fun I've had with a game in years. Playing with some friends and 4 hours went away like it is nothing.

Matchmaking issues haven't been much of a problem for me because this is one of the few MP games that is still a ton of fun against bots.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Alright. Played two matches and I SUCK! I suck so hard. :(

I know what I want to do but can't do it. I've managed to save the ball a few times; even won my first match (3v3) but spectacularly lost the next one (3v3) by the score of 0-5. :(

What to do? I keep running up walls and losing control, or I can't hit the ball since it's too high sometimes. I played some of the tutorials, did OK -- not super awesome -- but got bored and wanted to play.

Tips, GAF? Birthing pains or is there a few control pad movements I need to master (I usually do the double X thing so I can tap the ball forward and the side tap).

Also, shows over 47,000 people online (across EU, US), and didn't have a single issue so far.

EDIT: I hate the people above me who are super good at it already. XD

Noaloha

After spending some time with the default keybind and a keybind with boost on L1, I think I definitely prefer the latter.

I know what I want to do but can't do it. I've managed to save the ball a few times; even won my first match (3v3) but spectacularly lost the next one (3v3) by the score of 0-5. :(

What to do? I keep running up walls and losing control, or I can't hit the ball since it's too high sometimes. I played some of the tutorials, did OK -- not super awesome -- but got bored and wanted to play.

Tips, GAF? Birthing pains or is there a few control pad movements I need to master (I usually do the double X thing so I can tap the ball forward and the side tap).

Also, shows over 47,000 people online (across EU, US), and didn't have a single issue so far.

Go back to the tutorials.

Try using Triangle if on PS4 to lock on to the ball when you lose it. Pay attention to the ball indicator and learn to time it while it's coming down.

Embrace breaking and square to slow down and/or slide to line up your plays.

newsguy

Just had the most epic match. Everyone was good in the room. We're down 1 nil the entire match. I tie it with 5 seconds left. Overtime literally lasts 10 minutes, I score the game winner. Feels good man. I have to be at work in 2 hours. Feels bad man

Enilced2

Matchmaking is great now and finally unlocked a fancy boost trail. But now I'm sad there's no old school ambulance looking vehicle for me to pair up with the slime boost trail so I can make a ghostbusters rocket car.

Def need some practice my aerials are week

Lazulic

can i just say this is the most fun ive had with a game in a long time. its a fucking blast

my tip is to try season mode with pro bots. shaped me up real quick.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
yBBJBDB.jpg

For the record, I've had no trouble with matchmaking (PS4) for the past 5 hours or so. I'm on the west coast of North America, and been searching for 3/3, 4/4 in US West and East. Join a game within 10 seconds every time.
Lucky you, wouldn't even let us do a private match.

JackHerer

This game is so goddamn amazing. I'm playing on PC with a gamepad and the matchmaking is working perfectly. I think I'm going to buy it on my PS4 as well so I can bring it to wherever friends/family are and play four player splitscreen. Really looking forward to trying that out.

Loving that rainbow exhaust stream. It looks so good in those replays :)

JoduanER2

Lucky you, wouldn't even let us do a private match.
Literally 5 minutes after I made that post, matchmaking stopped working for me, heh. But that gave me an excuse to watch Whiplash, which was awesome. And now it's up working again.

I'm heading out on vacation for six days tomorrow morning, sans PS4. I expect you all to be pros or at least pro-ish by the time I'm back!

M.W.

Insane, i wish someday to be able to pull those aerial goals.

I asked in the stream Kronovi was playing in the other night how many hours he put into the PS3 game. I think he said well over 4000 hours. Dat dedication.

If someone else knows him...is this true?

red731

Anyone else gone from PS4 to PC? Not sure what it is, but it just felt faster on PC.

Propably me today.

I have 360 gamepad and DS4 - game is cheaper than second new DS4.
I will check reddit for the tip on how to offset the splitscreen to TV and monitor to play with my girl.

ed: 1x2 array (next to each other like), 3840x1080res, RocketLeague/Engine/Config folder > BaseSystemSettings.ini and changing some stuff.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3ckh0l/my_steam_splitscreen_setup/

Does DIRTYCAMBO post on these boards? That dude is freaking insanely good. He scores goals effortlessly.

I'm gonna need A LOT of practice to compete with guys like that.

grimmiq

Played online for about an hour, a lot more fun than I thought it would be with random people, scored a few goals but I still suck horribly.

Playing on the Oceanic server with 24ms was damn nice.

Everyone using default controls. I changed some things around.

Powerslide LB
Focus on ball X
Rear View Y
Scoreboard Back

I really like having powerslide on that shoulder button.

Grinchy

Banned
Does DIRTYCAMBO post on these boards? That dude is freaking insanely good. He scores goals effortlessly.

I'm gonna need A LOT of practice to compete with guys like that.

He was one of the best Battle Cars players so it's safe to assume he's also one of the best Rocket League players.

Trace

Banned
Kronovi is the best. It's as simple as that. He doesn't just do this shit against noobs, either, that's the thing.

Yea some of those plays are disgusting. I love seeing that kind of stuff in games like these though because it makes me hopeful that one day I can be that good.

Whelp, finished a short season 6-3 and ended up missing the playoffs, but another team made it in at 5-4.Granted they did beat us head to head, but overall record should trump right?

Damaniel

Banned
I've learned two things so far after picking this up on Steam:

• I kind of suck at online play. I've scored a few goals, but controlling your car is HARD!
  • I want to play this more. I can't because I have to go to bed.

This game is fun as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom