• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iced

What's everyone's preferred viewpoint for the game? I like behind the car for when I'm right up next to the net, and just because I'm used to that viewpoint, but I find I'm playing better with follow the ball. Seems a lot of the Twitch streams are using follow the ball as well.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
It's total, and PS+ users are vast majority.

I have no idea how the pay works for that but I hope you guys are getting compensated accordingly.

I don't know how well my work laptop will run it, but I'm gonna grav myself a Steam copy for when I'm on the road.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else totally spaz out sometimes when they've got a good chance to make a play on the ball? I always jump for it, then seemingly lose all control of my extremities and jump out of my seat when I see an opportunity. I've accidentally quick chatted a bunch due to the intensity. I don't know what to do with my hands sometimes.

rObit

Banned
The PS+ move seems like the best thing they could've done for this game. The immediate huge user base will keep the game popular, and they can make some money from that user base with more cosmetic stuff. I know I'd support it that way.

The PS+ move seems like the best thing they could've done for this game. The immediate huge user base will keep the game popular, and they can make some money from that user base with more cosmetic stuff. I know I'd support it that way.
It benefits the PC audience massively. I'm so tired of buying PC titles and struggling to get a game after the first week.

hydruxo

What's everyone's preferred viewpoint for the game? I like behind the car for when I'm right up next to the net, and just because I'm used to that viewpoint, but I find I'm playing better with follow the ball. Seems a lot of the Twitch streams are using follow the ball as well.

Opposite for me, I've personally found it's easier to line up the ball when the camera isn't fixed on it. I never use ball cam, I tried to get used to it but I kept missing the ball. Free cam has worked perfectly for me since the beta so I'm probably going to stick with that.

Vire

How does the "sales" of PS+ games work so to speak?

Does Psyonix get more revenue if more people download the game? Or do they get an agreed upfront amount for putting it on Plus?

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Stupid question time. None of my friends have a PS4 so only option for a game with them is local, but I only have 1 PS4 controller.

Does the PS4 only use PS4 controllers? Not other bluetooth controller or PS3?

Ark

Eh, the servers being so unreliable isn't doing it any favours. My friends and I are beginning to get frustrated.

WITHE1982

Stupid question time. None of my friends have a PS4 so only option for a game with them is local, but I only have 1 PS4 controller.

Does the PS4 only use PS4 controllers? Not other bluetooth controller or PS3?

You (or your friends) can use a ps Vita as a second controller if you're one of the lucky few people who own one.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How does the "sales" of PS+ games work so to speak?

Does Psyonix get more revenue if more people download the game? Or do they get an agreed upfront amount for putting it on Plus?

I think Sony makes that deal separately with every developer/publisher but they don't talk about it. I imagine they either offer a generous lump sum or pay per download, depending. It's probably attractive to a game like Rocket League which lives and dies by how active its user base is, and many (like me) wouldn't even know this exists without PS+. Now it's got a healthy player base and the hope is that the game will sustain itself until next month and continue to do well enough that they'll sell some more copies.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Psyonix, I hope you guys can patch performance. Lots of excitement for the game, but it's clear the fps isnt consistent

Urban Central is the only map that feels smooth, and the map with rain is by far the worst. After getting the servers stable hopefully frame rate will be the next issue to tackle.

rObit

Banned
It benefits the PC audience massively. I'm so tired of buying PC titles and struggling to get a game after the first week.

Yeah the cross-platform play is huge.

Eh, the servers being so unreliable isn't doing it any favours. My friends and I are beginning to get frustrated.

I probably would be, too, if I weren't just solo-queuing. For me if I hit the lobby and the servers are down, I just go and continue my season in single player. But yeah, hopefully they get that sorted relatively quickly.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You guys talking about PS4? No performance issues at all on PC for me.

PS4 yeah, I doubt it's hard maintaining 60fps without dips on PC. As I said, currently only one map feels like it's running at 60fps and you'd hope that's not acceptable to the devs, this game greatly benefits from 60fps.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just had a row of awesome 2v2 matches. I think that's my favorite mode. It allows you to do some really cool stuff with your partner, and I feel like I get the chance to use the skills I have and work on those I want. 3v3 is also great though. 4v4 I think is too much. Too chaotic.

I guess the servers crapped out in the end though, because suddenly it was just me and one other guy in some weird limbo freeplay while the game tried to find two more players (which it never did).

Dizzy-4U

They may not have the copyrights for the delorean, ecto-1, knight raider and such, but I hope they can go with similar-enough designs. Kinda what Burnout Paradise did.

Also, Mad Balls skins.

Lost count of how many equally hilarious fuck ups I've done so far.

The closest thing to a screw up I've done is where I was in my goal to defend a shot and I jumped too early and missed the ball completely. I'm getting better, though, at judging the physics of the ball.

LordofPwn

rookie bots are too easy. pro is a good challenge. semi-pro bots would be cool. also it would be cool to have unlimited levels, stats on your points and points to level. more points from season while playing more difficult opponents. maybe a portrait style border over your profile (like paragon levels in Diablo) and possibly an integrated friends list would also be cool so you can see who's online playing rocket league and which friends are lame.

I've got around 150 goals with like 60 matches played. passed halfway to 500km. need 5-7 more saves (do epic saves count for the total?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom