• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No changes to maps or content, it's all network related

Will we see frame rate improvements in the future? While it's not unplayable or anything there's a big difference between Urban Central and the rest.

Patchnotes anyone?

Via Steam
July 9th Hotfix: Server Updates
Hello everyone, and thank you for your support of Rocket League during launch week!

To be honest, it has been a monster on our server structure, with as many as 90,000+ players playing the game on PC/ PS4 at one time. As a result, we've been increasing capacity and making performance upgrades as quick as we can.

Today's Hot Fix begins the first steps in improving the online and matchmaking experiences. Thanks again for your patience and your help.

Will we see frame rate improvements in the future? While it's not unplayable or anything there's a big difference between Urban Central and the rest.

I would like for us to further optimize on PS4, but it's not like it's something trivial we forgot to do.. so I don't have a specific ETA.

What's problematic is there's a discrepancy between framerates on our devkits that we test on and what I've seen on some retail kits at friends houses. For instance, at home I had my PS4 in an entertainment center playing Season mode and framerate was degrading over time. I pulled the console out and stood it up to get better ventilation and framerate issues abated - I would assume because it was downclocking to manage heat. So multiple factors at play.

Moobabe

I would like for us to further optimize on PS4, but it's not like it's something trivial we forgot to do.. so I don't have a specific ETA.

What's problematic is there's a discrepancy between framerates on our devkits that we test on and what I've seen on some retail kits at friends houses. For instance, at home I had my PS4 in an entertainment center playing Season mode and framerate was degrading over time. I pulled the console out and stood it up to get better ventilation and framerate issues abated - I would assume because it was downclocking to manage heat. So multiple factors at play.

PS4 downclocks to manage heat? Well I never knew that!

Thank you for this. Good to have an idea what to expect, and it's super cool that you guys are both on here and Reddit and twitter.

Moobabe

Definitely not saying that authoritatively, just speculating based on my single anecdotal experience.

You might be right - I usually have headphones in so I don't tend to keep track to see if fan speed increases dynamically, nor do I really test the console to the touch.

Having said that I'm also not mega sensitive to frame drops, so maybe I'm lucky.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781

Memory leak -> GC events

mauaus

While the servers are down, heres a nice Goal I scored yesterday to tie the game and eventually win it in overtime... feels good man

PhysicalThreadbareAppaloosa.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Knowing it's something that's on your radar is good enough for me. Hopefully you can find a solution.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Is this a bug?

The various items are supposed to track certain stats, but they only do so for exhibition and season matches.

Have they fixed the issue of the console going in leafblower mode when in the menus? Seems so unnecessary.

Weirdly (or not), today I noticed my graphic card's (GTX 660) fan kick it up in the same situation. I then used the same tips people were giving about rotating the camera down and it worked on my PC too. Does the background stadium change over time? It happened on the map with a bunch of fans on the sidelines moving about. Maybe other arenas don't have the same impact.

klier

Guys, I can't seem to connect with the online servers.
Anyone else having the same problems, I am fully up to date with update files and stuff.

I badly want to play online with my buddies.

Vire

Unfortunately there's a huge difference on Beckwith park compared to the other maps. I wouldn't even care if you removed all the trees, stands and buildings in the background. Just get it to 60 fps.

I love the game though and keep up the hard work on the servers! Thank you.

Guys, I can't seem to connect with the online servers.
Anyone else having the same problems, I am fully up to date with update files and stuff.

I badly want to play online with my buddies.

On another forum someone fixed "Unable to connect to Rocket League servers" (even when they're up) by changing a restrictive setting in their Internet Options.

Open Internet Explorer, Settings->Internet Options->Privacy and make sure its not set above MEDIUM.

Shadybiz

http://giant.gfycat.com/PlaintiveNervousEchidna.webm

Here's just a wee save I made, nothing too spectacular, was more about trying to see how Shadowplay worked (had to compress afterwards though).

I like it; simple but effective. I struggle at goalie, but then I had a "duh" moment today when I read that you should position your car parallel to the goal, not perpendicular, because you can then move back and forth along the line to make small adjustments. Simple things that I don't think about.

I like it; simple but effective. I struggle at goalie, but then I had a "duh" moment today when I read that you should position your car parallel to the goal, not perpendicular, because you can then move back and forth along the line to make small adjustments. Simple things that I don't think about.

Yeah, I've found cutting in from the wing works better than trying to boost down and U-Turn, which never ends up working for me.

valeo

My Fiancee, who never ever plays games, watched me playing this and then took over from me. She then proceeded to play for 2 hours and score 10-15 awesome goals. Loved it. Definitely a game that is easy to pick up for beginners.

Scored my first bicycle kick too - wasn't bad.

Hoo-doo

Banned
My Fiancee, who never ever plays games, watched me playing this and then took over from me. She then proceeded to play for 2 hours and score 10-15 awesome goals. Loved it. Definitely a game that is easy to pick up for beginners.

The exact same thing happened with a flatmate of mine.

'Hey man what are you playing' he asks me. I hand him the controller after the match.
--- three hours pass---
'holy shit what time is it, I need to work in the morning.'

This game just really makes you want to play one more round over and over and over.

mauaus

Scored my first bicycle kick too - wasn't bad.

Scored one myself and managed to record it, gonna upload it soon!

Questions regarding crossplay.

When I have played with steam friends I can see their profile pictures. Can I see other steam users as well or just people on my freinds list? I'm assuming all the other blank pics are PS4 Users.

In regards to communication I have literally never seen anyone use text or quick chat other than me. Can PS4/Steam users communicate through text or quick that or not at all? I know we can't use voice.

I see people in playlists and the number of players online. Servers seem to be online but can't find any matches.

Ugh... I just want to play!

Yaari

I'm still messing around with the camera not sure if I should lock on the ball, when playing, or not. Having a blast though. The unlock system is cool. I got a nice top hat for some reason haha.

Is this a bug?

The various items are supposed to track certain stats, but they only do so for exhibition and season matches.

Yeah I think that's an issue. I mentioned it before and seen other forums mention it too but haven't heard any official response to it yet. I'm assuming since the server issue is a priority or maybe it's tied in?

Electret

Servers down in US-West for me.

Hey, which of the two camera modes do y'all use? I'm still very new to the game but find myself switching, using the fix-on-ball mode when the ball is hard to locate (often close to a goal) and the regular third person elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom