• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Servers down in US-West for me.

Hey, which of the two camera modes do y'all use? I'm still very new to the game but find myself switching, using the fix-on-ball mode when the ball is hard to locate (often close to a goal) and the regular third person elsewhere.

Ball cam 99% of the time then switch it off just when lining up a shot. Oh but I'm not very good so don't heed my advice.

66000 online and 10607 in playlists and I just cannot find a match. Been searching for the last half hour. Frustrated doesn't even come close to how I feel. Not really blaming anyone specifically TBH but I've only managed 2 games since getting in from work 6 hours ago.

CAN't wait for this "teething" period to end.

I've been trying to get in an online match for the past two nights and still have had no luck. At least the soundtrack is fantastic and soothing.

Let me love you Rocket League.

Managed to get online for 1 game earlier before servers went down again and I have to say that was the most fun 5 mins I've had with my clothes on!!

This game is like digital crack, been a long time since I played a game the had the "1 more go" factor.

The dude that posted a thread the other day urging people to download this on launch day and jabbering on how this THE GOTY, all I can say is, man you were fucking right! This is definitely my GOTY and if it wasn't for that thread, this game would of completely slipped past me, I never even heard of the game until the other day!

Angry Joe is playing right now and he plays just like me :D From corner to corner :D
http://www.twitch.tv/angryjoeshow

edit: I have to say, it is much more fun to watch than to play, I don't have to worry about all those buttons :)

He'd do much better leaving ball cam off more often. It's hard to gauge hitting the ball and he's not even close most of them time because of it. It's great for locating but most people would be better served to adjust the camera's fov and angle instead.

Tansut

I haven't played any online yet but I just finished a season and holy shit Rocket League is like the purest example of why I love video games.

t_berta

Neo Member
The exact same thing happened with a flatmate of mine.

'Hey man what are you playing' he asks me. I hand him the controller after the match.
--- three hours pass---
'holy shit what time is it, I need to work in the morning.'

This game just really makes you want to play one more round over and over and over.

My housemate never plays game - she occasionally asks if I have Mario. Anyway she strolls into my room the other day and see's me playing and wants a turn. Now it's her ps4.

Afrodium

Banned
Man, every time a multiplayer game comes out I add a bunch of people from a spreadsheet full of PSN IDs and then no one accepts my invites. Ya'll are anti-social or I just smell.

Anyway, I'd like to play some private games with people from GAF tonight. I'm a newbie so don't worry about sucking. Add me if you're interested:

PSN: Afrodium

Finding games easy now
dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

Electret

Man, every time a multiplayer game comes out I add a bunch of people from a spreadsheet full of PSN IDs and then no one accepts my invites. Ya'll are anti-social or I just smell.

Anyway, I'd like to play some private games with people from GAF tonight. I'm a newbie so don't worry about sucking. Add me if you're interested:

I'll join you! My PSN is QuantumJazz.

Request sent

seriously what the fuck is going on. betas dont do shit either.

Could they really have anticipated this kind of response to their game? This isn't a massive EA or MCC or something similar. I wish they would've put it out @$20, eased into the traffic flow, and let it be free when things were figured out. I think they still would've sold more than anticipated.

qazqaNii

Could they really have anticipated this kind of response to their game? This isn't a massive EA or MCC or something similar. I wish they would've put it out @$20, eased into the traffic flow, and let it be free when things were figured out. I think they still would've sold more than anticipated.

I agree, I bought it on steam, and I have played more than 2 hours but only 20 minutes of these were actually played, the rest is me searching for a game and it is still searching atm.

This is so bad, will probably wait abit more before doing the stupid refund which I don't really want to do. :(

Bishop89

shit, if you have not already, I highly recommend fiddling with the camera settings (FOV etc..)

Makes it so much easier to see shit.

robotrock

Banned
Been playing this a bit and really enjoying it. Reading up on the OP now, is the game supposed to be 60fps? The PS4 version doesn't really feel like it.

Was feeling so good about my skills. Started a Pro Season and was winning fairly regularly.

Then.....

Decided to do a little advanced training....got to the flying part.

Nothing like the cold hand of reality to smack that false sense of accomplishment right out of my soul.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Devs read this thread right?

One cool tweak I'd like to see in the future is that the goal explosion take on properties of the scorer's rocket trail. There's already some wispy particle effects I imagine that could take the place of the ion effects.

I agree, I bought it on steam, and I have played more than 2 hours but only 20 minutes of these were actually played, the rest is me searching for a game and it is still searching atm.

This is so bad, will probably wait abit more before doing the stupid refund which I don't really want to do. :(
And why aren't you just playing while searching?

Downloaded the game and wanted to play but the servers were still down for me in NA. I then decided to jump into the season mode and play. 11 matches intonthe season amd man, this game is fun. I still have some trouble controlling the ball at times but this game just feels like old school fun to me. I can't wait to play online with other people.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This is a little ridiculous at this point. I read it was at 80% success for getting into games like an hour and a half ago so I figured I'd play a bit before bed.

Nope. Back to 40% success or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom