• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DToneli

Neo Member
I've finally been able to join an online match (3 vs 3). It is so much fun!!! I was playing against pro bots and it is some much different, the struggle so many people have to hit the ball while it is in the air is hilarious, when you are playing against the bots you KNOW that they will hit it, but against players? That takes some time

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone getting lag spites on west? Ping is fine at score screen, but game I swore it was dropping.

Also screw asshole teammates that come and smash into the ball as you have a shot lined up.

Working good.

It's OK to hang back. Don't just rush in there. Defence plays a huge part of this game. Learning the motion s after my first match.

EDIT
GOOOOOOOOOAL

got in a match and quit after 1...it's really fun but I'm just really fed up with getting slammed by my own teammates the whole time...I expect it from the other team but when you're trying to go for a shot or a block and your "teammate" comes turboing in and slams you out of the way it's aggrivating

Shadybiz

Pushing down on the R3 looks behind you..... game changer.

Oh man..I had no idea; thanks!

It feels impossible to beat 3 people who play as a team.

Yeah in one of the games I just played, we got trounced 8-0. They worked well together.

Played for a good hour and a half, getting into matches fine; glad to see that things have improved, and I hope that everyone has a smooth experience soon.

I really need to practice my goalie game. Let a few easy ones slip by me.

Vire

t8kq721.png

Rocket League hype!

Good work Psyonix, now go open up some bubbly and enjoy the success.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Im 5 and 0 in 3v3 ranked so far. I have to say even though i am a garbage goalie and average striker, my midfield play is pretty damn good.

Most of my goals are coming from crosses by aggressive players.

I can already tell that people good at aerials are going to dominate this game. Unfortunately i suck in the air.

I really hope the devs spend the money to host tournaments. This game has massive esport potential and high level play should be more entertaining to watch than any moba or strategy game out there.

Finally got to play online after playing the season mode. Fun. Just a few things.

First, please stop ramming your own teammates. I know it can be hard, but inwas getting hit all over by my own team including times when inhad the clear shot for the goal. Then boom, hit from the rear quarter panel by my teammates and i spin out.

Secondly, be carefulnwhen you start in goal. I scored a goal to put my team on top with 17 seconds left. Once the count down ended and the ball dropped on the restart, the other team got to it first and hit it straight and as the ball is soaring through the air i see an empty net and the car who was in goalnwas at my heels. The ball found the back of the net and we ended up losing in overtime. We just had to hold on for 17 seconds. Come on man. Stay back. What made it worse was that it was the same fool who kept ramming my car.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Finally got to play online after playing the season mode. Fun. Just a few things.

First, please stop ramming your own teammates. I know it can be hard, but inwas getting hit all over by my own team including times when inhad the clear shot for the goal. Then boom, hit from the rear quarter panel by my teammates and i spin out.

Secondly, be carefulnwhen you start in goal. I scored a goal to put my team on top with 17 seconds left. Once the count down ended and the ball dropped on the restart, the other team got to it first and hit it straight and as the ball is soaring through the air i see an empty net and the car who was in goalnwas at my heels. The ball found the back of the net and we ended up losing in overtime. We just had to hold on for 17 seconds. Come on man. Stay back. What made it worse was that it was the same fool who kept ramming my car.

1 player is always designated defence at the start.

Unless someone else calls it.

Questions regarding crossplay.

When I have played with steam friends I can see their profile pictures. Can I see other steam users as well or just people on my freinds list? I'm assuming all the other blank pics are PS4 Users.

In regards to communication I have literally never seen anyone use text or quick chat other than me. Can PS4/Steam users communicate through text or quick that or not at all? I know we can't use voice.

Anyone?

I've still yet to see any form of communication online.

Pepiope

Yeah in one of the games I just played, we got trounced 8-0. They worked well together.

Played for a good hour and a half, getting into matches fine; glad to see that things have improved, and I hope that everyone has a smooth experience soon.

I really need to practice my goalie game. Let a few easy ones slip by me.
Same happened to me. Once my two teammates quit, I got paired with 2 AI, and we win 5-0. Scored 3 goals while staying back as a goalie.

It really is annoying when teammates ram right right you or try to hit it when you have a clear shot at a goal, but I guess this game has a learning curve with teamwork. I need some people to team up with on Steam!

Anyone?

I've still yet to see any form of communication online.

Remember that some of the players are actually AI.

Same happened to me. Once my two teammates quit, I got paired with 2 AI, and we win 5-0. Scored 3 goals while staying back as a goalie.

It really is annoying when teammates ram right right you or try to hit it when you have a clear shot at a goal, but I guess this game has a learning curve with teamwork. I need some people to team up with on Steam!

Yup. Though the thing that seems to happen to me a lot, that I find very annoying, is if I'm trying to turn (or go for the ball) and a teammate is blocking me from going (not intentionally, I hope). But it's almost like our cars get tangled and they keep me from getting to where I want to go.

Damaniel

Banned

I was guilty of this at first, but I've been trying to leave space for the player moving the ball. That said, I've had more than a few good shots ruined by a teammate barreling in trying to take credit for what should have been an easy goal, but oh well.

While the servers were down today, I went ahead and played through a whole season. That actually helped a lot when I played a few online matches after the servers came back up. I still do plenty of absolutely stupid stuff, but I'm scoring goals and getting assists, and I'm much better in the air than I was when I first started playing yesterday.

Shadybiz

1 player is always designated defence at the start.

Unless someone else calls it.

Yeah, if I'm the person in the back of the formation, I hang back. I'll creep up to midfield if the ball is all the way on the other side of the pitch, but that's as far as I go, in case I have to backpedal. It's a simple thing that more people should understand; much less goals will be scored on you if you defend.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Wow playing this with randoms is a miserable experience.

?

I have only played with randoms and it's been great.

Use dpad to communicate and let them fight for the ball. When it pops out speed in and score.

Dont try and fight for it. Be patient and play defense.

That Far, Far Away trophy has a typo... right? There's no way I'm getting 500 km. I think I have like 21 miles so far according to my tire use, at this rate it'll take me months to get 500 km!

iosefe

just had an awesome experience with a random. i was playing with Jambi and his comrades, but one got dropped, and the random came in. out teamwork was amazing. and he got MVP in our last match of the night.

bless this game

JambiBum

just had an awesome experience with a random. i was playing with Jambi and his comrades, but one got dropped, and the random came in. out teamwork was amazing. and he got MVP in our last match of the night.

bless this game

He wasn't a random actually. My friend that got dropped came back in lol. But yeah, GGs.

duels are intense oh man

I've only played two and one ended with me demolishing a guy right as he was about to score to tie it up with 5 seconds left, another ended with me winning by forefeit after I scored off of the opening face-off.

also they seem to be the easiest to rack up XP in

iosefe

He wasn't a random actually. My friend that got dropped came back in lol. But yeah, GGs.

oh...i didn't actually notice captain action in his username. whoops

whatever, to me, he's technically a random, or I"M the random to your group of friends..

o.o

regardless, those were some fun matches

Pastry

Banned
My skill level in ranked is 1. Literally the lowest you can get and its not because I'm bad, I just seem to have terrible luck :(

I was skeptical that i'd love this game as much as everyone else. Holy shit, this game is the best. I only had 2 hours to play with my buddy but it's already my goty so far. I'm not good at it but the presentation is top notch (every bit of the graphics and audio is excellent) and the gameplay is stellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom