• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of fun. I'm not a star but there is satisfaction in timing runs, clearing crosses, and getting a loose ball goal every once in a while.

Ferrio

Banned
Getting better, actually scoring now. Stopped using lock cam so much, also I'm not using flip as much. I did *almost* get my first "fly half way across the court and hit the ball midair into the goal". I was lined up perfectly, missed the ball by a hair.

I need to learn to lead my shots, the ball goes a lot faster than I give it credit for...even when it's going slow.

OneUh8

Holy shit this game. Amazing. Just played a 4 hour session and did not even realize it. Have not had this much fun playing a game in a while.

Werd

Nothing more satisfying than being down 5-1 ranked 1v1 with the opponent flipping his car and watching the full replay every time then coming back to win 7-6 in the last 15 seconds.

What does it take to get out of rookie? I'm at 382.

Kalentan

This game is AMAZING. Seriously, me and my friend playing 2v2... I really REALLY hope this game catches on in the eSports scene. I want to see pros with sick plays.

Stiler

So servers still having issues? Got the game tonight and been trying off and on to get online, it just sits in matchmaking and never finds any games.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Down again after such a confident tweet.

Number of players in playlists steadily declining. Doesn't look good for playing online tonight...

Wait wait wait. You can fly in this game? I have to figure that out.
Its covered in the training, which I highly recommend going through.

Anyway, aside from the annoying online issues, this game is a breath of fresh air. Maybe if its successful it'll send a message to sports game developers that unrealistic, but fun as hell games are still worth making. Not just sims. For me, this is a throwback to the days of Tecmo Bowl, Blades of Steel, and Double Dribble. You know, FUN sports games.

bosseye

Holy shit, this game is amazing! So simple to pick up, incredibly addictive to master, filled with far more subtlety and nuance than I was expecting.

Was some server issues last night, but I was able to play my first few games, just 3v3 standard; scored at least one in all games, won all games, made some epic saves, made some epic, hilarious mistakes....and had a shitton of fun. So much fun.

Then the servers went down again and a 2gb update file popped up, PSN decided to be a massive arse about it when almost complete (0.5gb, 8 hours projected on an 80mb connection, really PSN?) so I had to stop.

This is going to be so much fun when I get some friends playing it.

I was skeptical that i'd love this game as much as everyone else. Holy shit, this game is the best. I only had 2 hours to play with my buddy but it's already my goty so far. I'm not good at it but the presentation is top notch (every bit of the graphics and audio is excellent) and the gameplay is stellar.

I hope Giant Bomb does something with it tomorrow on UPF.

Trace

Banned
I'll be happy when the ranking clears out a bit. Playing against 2 people that know what they're doing with someone that obviously has no clue is a horrible experience.

Flunkie

Banned
Whoops...

qyWRCpe.jpg

Most of Villa's goals were little tap ins that I set up of course

Freaking bots

fooish101

Got into a lot of matches tonight online. So much fun, lots of yelling at the TV and I think I've hurt my back jerking my body around when trying to hit the ball in game with my car. So much fun can't wait to play more.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I agree, I bought it on steam, and I have played more than 2 hours but only 20 minutes of these were actually played, the rest is me searching for a game and it is still searching atm.

This is so bad, will probably wait abit more before doing the stupid refund which I don't really want to do. :(

You know you can play offline matches while searching, right? So you can at least have some fun while waiting to have even more fun. You don't just have to sit there and stare at the matchmaking screen.

Been playing this a bit and really enjoying it. Reading up on the OP now, is the game supposed to be 60fps? The PS4 version doesn't really feel like it.

It's meant to be, yeah, but it only is on one map (Urban Central) right now. All the others consistently drop below that target, even if not by much. But yeah, you can definitely feel the difference in smoothness.

This game is just...I don't have words to explain what an experience it is when you have a solid 3v3. There is so much depth here and every block/shot feels earned. This feels like one of the most well balanced competitive game I think I've ever played. I really hope it takes off in the scene it absolutely deserves to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom