• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed to not do with demolitions.

Apparently demolitions is something they didn't want to remove but also didn't want to reward because even though it's valid tactic it's considered a bit dirty.

Gonna be like...
tumblr_m9us4hkVnf1qj8vj4.gif

Flunkie

Banned
Thanks to those who told me to make a NZ account. Best decision I've ever made. Tweeting about the game recently. Follow me @Flunkie to see pics and stuff. :)

Tambini

seems like only yesterday since I loaded up SARPBC for the first time..6 years ago..looking forward to playing this one with everyone now and really glad it seems it's gonna be a lot more popular than SARPBC was

Just got to play a little bit thanks to creating an NZ account. I'm flying the NZ flag to pay tribute.

Game is still awesome, though I'm a bit rusty playing against people since I've just been messing around in the training mode all this time lol.

Do the cars go a little slower than in the beta? It could just be that I'm not controlling my car as well as I was by the end of them but I'm not sure.

Apparently demolitions is something they didn't want to remove but also didn't want to reward because even though it's valid tactic it's considered a bit dirty.

Gonna be like...
tumblr_m9us4hkVnf1qj8vj4.gif

Didn't they make them more viable, actually? In Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars, you respawned much faster, I think.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can't wait for the US and PC to get in on this. I hope there's a 4 pack because I will host many for gaffers.

I didn't see a Steam group so I made one.

To the tourney organizers I can makes you admins so you can post announcements and events.

Also I'll be in group chat if anyone wants to wait with me.

RocketGAF
8ef5de86cff35f62e321a0cf5bf8a55ae71da9b0_full.jpg

Chipotle

Wow. Missed the Beta for this but played a few games and it's everything I'd hoped for from hearing about it. So great when things start to click,ot when you score your first goal. Can see it being a really fun game to really get a grip of. Just hope that there don't end up being cheap tactics that ruin it like you get in other sports games. Hopefully the community involvement has helped spot and eliminate things like that.

Wow. Missed the Beta for this but played a few games and it's everything I'd hoped for from hearing about it. So great when things start to click,ot when you score your first goal. Can see it being a really fun game to really get a grip of. Just hope that there don't end up being cheap tactics that ruin it like you get in other sports games. Hopefully the community involvement has helped spot and eliminate things like that.

Tactics like what?

The only annoying thing is sometimes players steal your shots. Some people need to show restraint and stop hitting the ball just because they can

This only really happens with new players though

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I didn't see a Steam group so I made one.

To the tourney organizers I can makes you admins so you can post announcements and events.

Also I'll be in group chat if anyone wants to wait with me.

RocketGAF
8ef5de86cff35f62e321a0cf5bf8a55ae71da9b0_full.jpg
We have one for the vets as well. I suggest joining that one since all the great players from game 1 will be in that group.

The great thing about the game being entirely physics-based with its shooting and passing is that it's a lot harder to cheese than other sports games where shooting from a specific area often results in a goal.

Holy shit I thought people were overstating how much fun this game is. I've just played this for 2.5 hours straight and it was incredible. The same 6 people (randoms) kept hitting ready for almost that whole time, no-one wanted to leave. That is almost unheard of.

I unlocked a bunch of stuff and got to grips with the game. The best games are 0-0 for ages, they get super tense, especially if it goes to overtime.

I also scored my first jump and rocket to fly goal. It felt fucking amazing.

I'm going to be playing A LOT of this game.

Are we going to be setting up tourneys/leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom