• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if I should just release the footage or add commentary and potentially ruin it lol. Gonna give it a shot

I wanna be a Rocket League star. You should link me your youtube man. You're making the better content for the masses, Im pretty excited to follow you veterans

I'd love to hear the thoughts and opinions of new players!

I'll post my channel on here when my first tutorial video is uploaded. It's very basic stuff atm though - stuff that everyone here should already know.

Finally getting some matches in with this old 360 controller that I found deep in a closet. It disconnects a lot so I'm still ordering a new one, but it's been fine for the most part.

I've been playing a lot of 1v1s trying to get back into the groove. The ball cam messes me up much more than I remember it doing in the original. Did they change it up a bit or is it just me?

TheDanimal

Put your PS4 as primary on your account, that should fix it.
Huh, I did this earlier and it didn't work (I played with my brother and it forced him to sign into his account, even tho my ps4 is primary). I guess I'll mess around with it before I have friends over to play splitscreen. Thanks!

Kalor

I just played about 6 or 7 matches with the same two teammates and it was really fun. I was only intending to play one match but I really enjoyed playing with them. This is maybe one of the few games that I feel like part of a team which is working together (the other game being Dota).

Dr Prob

Banned
Love that you can use the chat box here on PS4. Coming from a place of ignorance in that I don't play a ton of different games anymore, so maybe it's common, I dunno. Nice to have though.

So this just happened, I could barely touch the ball. That JM dude is GOAT.

:D Yeah, the AI goes fucking house sometimes:

n3V7SqO.jpg

proXimiX

Neo Member
This game is incredible. Posing my biggest feat so far. Hit the top 100 last night. Hope to get back in it and move up further tonight! I'm still not quite sure how rankings work though.

19LdFZn.png

Online matches don't add to the total unfortunately.

when did the 500km trophy pop for you guys?
im level 20 with 165 matches played and it still hasnt popped? Also according to my tires my total driven distance is not even 20km`?

what gives?
its the only trophy im missing now..

Does that amount include the km you've driven while playing online? I read somewhere that the achievement only includes offline play, but that doesn't make sense since you can get all the other relevant trophies playing online.

Makes no fucking sense. Why the fuck can every other trophy be unlocked online and this one cant?

I looked on Twitter and apparently they don't know if it's a display or tracking issue but there's no way that'd purposefully be the only trophy they'd have offline only (besides season stuff). Especially considering everyone's vast majority of the time is online. Hopefully they work it out because that's way too much driving offline.

Via Twitter:
_SixelAlexiS_: @RocketLeague do you confirm that the "Far, Far Away..." trophy (500 km) isn't redeemable if you play online?
Thanks.

RocketLeague: @_SixelAlexiS_ We can't confirm it yet, because we're still investigating if it's a display issue or an actual tracking issue. Working on it

I looked on Twitter and apparently they don't know if it's a display or tracking issue but there's no way that'd purposefully be the only trophy they'd have offline only (besides season stuff). Especially considering everyone's vast majority of the time is online. Hopefully they work it out because that's way too much driving offline.

Via Twitter:
_SixelAlexiS_: @RocketLeague do you confirm that the "Far, Far Away..." trophy (500 km) isn't redeemable if you play online?
Thanks.

RocketLeague: @_SixelAlexiS_ We can't confirm it yet, because we're still investigating if it's a display issue or an actual tracking issue. Working on it

Yeah, mine is still at 124/500 km on steam, while I just played a couple of matches online. I guess it really only tracks offline for now.

Roto13

Only two trophies left to get. You can probably guess which ones. I'm never getting this Platinum. :p The 500km one is ridiculous.

Concept17

Played for a few hours last night with friends and alcohol. We got so loud the neighbors came over and asked us to take it down a notch.

So many great moments.

Hasney

Had some guy say "No problem" when he scored 2 goals from kick off when the lag problems were happening.

Decided to say it after my 5th goal.

Haha, you started that one.

I can't believe we came back in that one match. How many scores did they have on us? 4 or something?

Yup, with the match halfway done. Loved how we made like 3 goals in the last minute en took the match in overtime. I saved the replay of that one. That first aerial goal broke their spirits lol.

spidye

game is so much fun but my ps4 sounds like it's going to take off

never been so loud. anyone else with a similar problem?

I'm getting tired of playing bots every singly online match. I haven't played full 3v3 of players in about 30 matches. It's unranked, just stick around! People constantly leave on the winning team too and I don't know why :(

game is so much fun but my ps4 sounds like it's going to take off

never been so loud. anyone else with a similar problem?

On the menu screen? It's a known issue. Point your camera on the roof of your car so the console doesn't have to render all the grass and background shit.

hesido

Played 3 online matches, so much fun...

And it's superb that it keeps searching for games in background while you are playing, just gooing around with a ball. That's something I always wondered why every game does not employ. Secret Ponchos for example could have benefited from such a thing, so do many online games that take more than half a minute to find a match. Rocket League makes waiting almost a non-issue.

But it did something strange in a way, after it couldn't find a match for 3-4 minutes, I thought the servers might be having problems so I started a season against bots with bot teammates.. During the match, it suddenly took me to an online match, it turns out it never gave up searching! Not that I complain, but it took me away from the single player and it wasn't apparent to me that I couldn't properly back out from finding an online game..

Is that normal behaviour?

The definition of a carry

His goal was me hitting it against him on the line!
Lag switching!

Kidding, I also have around a 100 ping (bad, but much better than I anticipated.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom