• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

For anyone who doesn't know, Utopia has each team's goal on the same wall and you can pass through them. Imagine a horseshoe where the goals are on the open tips, but it's connected so you can go right through.

You can knock goalies out of the way, you can drive through your own goal to get to the other team's side immediately, ect. It's gonna be pretty interesting lol
the game, the game has changed. Everything we know now is a lie.

Shadow! Trust me, you'll win... Your first game.
Lol jk. We believe in you! Dream team! Dream team!

Vire

Hah I got matched up with Kronovi about 20 minutes ago and lost 0-14. :)

My teammate raged quit within the first thirty seconds, but I wanted to try and score one goal on him so I stuck around. Almost...

BShadowJ

the game, the game has changed. Everything we know now is a lie.

Shadow! Trust me, you'll win... Your first game.
Lol jk. We believe in you! Dream team! Dream team!

Heh thanks man, we'll do our best :)
I'm even going to go to sleep now to get some rest for tomorrow :p

Yay my Merlin gif finally processed. <3 Merlin!

ZanyTimelyIrukandjijellyfish.gif

Grinchy

Banned
I just watched Kronovi play on twitch for like 30 minutes. I really need to practice.

Dirkened, coolcole, and kronovi all do that crazy car flipping with perfect adjustments technique that I need to learn so bad. I'm sure other people have gotten it down too, but those are the 3 I've seen who do it so well (I mean just look at the gif above)

v1lla21

Hah I got matched up with Kronovi about 20 minutes ago and lost 0-14. :)

My teammate raged quit within the first thirty seconds, but I wanted to try and score one goal on him so I stuck around. Almost...
That happened when I played against him. Someone on my team recognized him, typed kronovi with a lot of exclamation marks, and promptly quit. We lost 11-1. Lol.

What platform are you on? Are you able to search or do you always see "Cannot connect to Rocket League servers"?

Hey man, PS4. I was getting "Cannot connect to Rocket League", I gave up for a while and had some food. Turned on the PS4 again after and looked for a game, it's been working fantastically. Had 10 games in a row, it's superb, just like the beta - it's digital crack. Genuine GOTY contender imo. A reminder that not every game needs blockbuster story and ridiculous cut scenes, just get the gameplay right and you're onto a winner!

Afrodium

Banned
I just watched Kronovi play on twitch for like 30 minutes. I really need to practice.

Dirkened, coolcole, and kronovi all do that crazy car flipping with perfect adjustments technique that I need to learn so bad. I'm sure other people have gotten it down too, but those are the 3 I've seen who do it so well (I mean just look at the gif above)

Don't sweat it, I'm assuming anyone who can do that stuff already has played SARPBC or at least the RL beta. It's not a skill you learn from playing the game for a few days (unless I just really suck).

I think something clicked with me about how to play and switch on-ball fixed camera / free camera.

I did two matches where I was the MVP.

First match, first goal : intercepted a high ball (jump + flying), went straight for the other side, shot the ball on the wall, switched cameras, turned back, volley and goal.

Second one : partner shot the ball, missed, ball rebounded on the wall, backflip, goal.

betterthansex.gif

Grinchy

Banned
Don't sweat it, I'm assuming anyone who can do that stuff already has played SARPBC or at least the RL beta. It's not a skill you learn from playing the game for a few days (unless I just really suck).

lol I played Battle Cars for probably a couple hundred hours and I still can't play like this. I actually didn't even know it was possible until recently. Now I feel like I'm playing catch up.

Vire

The thing I don't like about Kronovi is that he shits on rookies for being bad... well it's like... of course dude you've been playing these games for six years and the other team has only played it for two days.

What do you expect?

Had no problems finding servers tonight, but i get lag for a few seconds 2-3 times in every match! It is pretty annoying and can often influence the outcome of a match.

Also, there is always that one guy, who does not press "x" during replays or after the matches, even though the rumbling controller reminds him to do that.

The thing I don't like about Kronovi is that he shits on rookies for being bad... well it's like... of course dude you've been playing these games for six years and the other team has only played it for two days.

What do you expect?

He doesn't though. Considering he's clearly the best in the world at...something...he's a very humble guy. Although admittedly he could sometimes score a few less goals against some people, he sees it as putting on a show more than anything else.

Grinchy

Banned

What do you expect?

I can see why you'd feel that way but I kinda saw it as him trying to be educational to those watching his stream. He was pointing out the dumb moves that new players make so that those who were watching would know not to play that way.

It may seem disparaging to the player he's talking about but I don't think he meant any harm.

Buburibon

I'm not at all a fan of sports games, and generally avoid competitive multiplayer modes, but this game has me hooked. Win or lose, I'm all smiles when I play this. :D

Just lost 3 hours to this game. Fucking A, I didn't think something as stupid as car soccer would do anything for me but I can't stop. And I've only scored one goal that whole time.

Man, fuck playing against or with the AI every single match online. It's so annoying. People used to take their place mid game but that never happens anymore.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just had an amazing win streak in 2v2 with some random guy. We were winning with scores like 10-1. Fucking hell, this game is just ridiculous amounts of fun!

Walpurgis

Banned
I just resubbed to PS+ and have been reminded how utterly shite it was. I'm trying to download Rocket League, a 1.5 GB game and it is taking 3-4 hours. I did multiple internet connection tests that say ~25 Mbps and even had the download claiming to take 30 minutes at one point but it went back to its old slow ass ways. I guess I won't be able to try this tonight...

I don't understand how some people don't understand that sometimes you want to watch the replay of a nice goal.

Well okay, sometimes sure I get it. If there is a really awesome goal I would want to watch the replay. But EVERY SINGLE time? There's always 1 or 2 people in every game who do not skip the replays. Whether they score or not, it never happens.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Utopia in? That is vastly different than any of the current stable. Get wasteland and cosmic in. Pirate ship for the giggles.

I just resubbed to PS+ and have been reminded how utterly shite it was. I'm trying to download Rocket League, a 1.5 GB game and it is taking 3-4 hours. I did multiple internet connection tests that say ~25 Mbps and even had the download claiming to take 30 minutes at one point but it went back to its old slow ass ways. I guess I won't be able to try this tonight...

I think you're confusing PS+ with PSN. I guess on PS4 there's sort of an overlap because you need one to get the other. But PS+ itself is fantastic. PSN is in need of some overhauls.

The press x to skip option at the replay screen following a goal doesn't work. What's up with that? Does nothing.

Also why is the main menu scroll telling me I'm offline? During successful matchmaking even? I'm not offline and neither are the servers.

Vire

lol I just got up 5-0 on a team in doubles and they said "hackers, I'm reporting you" and then rage quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom