• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting SERIOUSLY pissed off with you all insulting Merlin
LLShC.gif
. That guy is legit 1337.

I scored a sick teamwork goal with him to prove it (told you I would, Shadow!!!).

http://gfycat.com/ZanyTimelyIrukandjijellyfish

Anyone know how long this site takes for gifs to be ready? It keeps saying it will be ready in a few minutes :(

I keep playing against a bunch of AI though. I wonder what's up with that. It's not as exciting with AI.

I'd go farther and say the game simply is not fun with AI in it.

I'm not playing with great players but every game I've been in where the AI "joins" it starts to take over, making perfect shots that no real human would make.

Iced

I just cannot settle on a preferred camera angle. One minute I'll think using one exclusively is the best, and the next I'm back to using the other. Definite strengths and weaknesses for both, from what I can tell.

I'd go farther and say the game simply is not fun with AI in it.

I'm not playing with great players but every game I've been in where the AI "joins" it starts to take over, making perfect shots that no real human would make.

Eh. I havent seen the a.i cheat

However, it feels like there is a huge gap between brain dead level 1 a.i and level 2 a.i who seem more than competent

Not sure if you're just playing with level 3 a.i, but yes, it's sucky to play against

I'm not saying these are shots that a human couldn't make, I'm saying a human wouldn't try.

No human is ever going to intentionally bounce a ball off the wall and then the ceiling to perfectly hit the top corner of a goal.

Much less twice in one game. In the span of about 15 seconds.

Most games I'm in he-who-has-the-most-AI wins. That's not fun even if I'm winning.

The games with no AI in them I have a blast. Unfortunately even the games which start without AI inevitably have the insta-quitter when a team scores.

Wiggy

I'm not saying these are shots that a human couldn't make, I'm saying a human wouldn't try.

No human is ever going to intentionally bounce a ball off the wall and then the ceiling to perfectly hit the top corner of a goal.

Much less twice in one game. In the span of about 15 seconds.

Most games I'm in he-who-has-the-most-AI wins. That's not fun even if I'm winning.

The games with no AI in them I have a blast. Unfortunately even the games which start without AI inevitably have the insta-quitter when a team scores.

Yeah I agree, i posted about this earlier in the thread. I've had a lot of games lately where the AI has dominated (for and against me).

It didnt used to be like this (that i can remember) seems like they got buffed since the beta.

If you'd like a challenge, try queuing up in ranked with Papercuts. His connection is so volatile that he'll drop out, making it a 2v1!

Just manages to get a hatrick in about 45 seconds. But of luck, bit of sexy off-the-bar chippery. God this game is so so good. Are there GAF games? I'd love to join. EU ps4 here.

Any tips or tricks to get Break Shot and Far, Far Away trophies? Only need those to get the platinum

Break shot: you can play 1v1 and get lucky. Or just play 4v4
Far far away: you actually need 50 km from what I read. Just drive man

Theyll both come naturally

Anyone with the PC version wants to play some games? We could do ranked 2v2 or get a GAF private game going if enough people are interested.

DToneli

Neo Member
Break shot: you can play 1v1 and get lucky. Or just play 4v4
Far far away: you actually need 50 km from what I read. Just drive man

Theyll both come naturally
Thanks! I was trying 3v3 and 4v4 but no luck(they always had a goalkeeper to save the ball), I will try the 1v1 and lets hope it works!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm not very good but I'm down for some private matches.
PSN: Kaako.

Edit: in private now. Let's do thisss.

Grinchy

Banned
For anyone who doesn't know, Utopia has each team's goal on the same wall and you can pass through them. Imagine a horseshoe where the goals are on the open tips, but it's connected so you can go right through.

You can knock goalies out of the way, you can drive through your own goal to get to the other team's side immediately, ect. It's gonna be pretty interesting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom