• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

v1lla21

Played for an hour last night with some random who eventually sent me a chat invite. Turns out he lives about 15 minutes from me and is an aerospace engineer. Really nice dude and pretty good at the game. Nice meeting random people close to where you live at. Not the first time it happens in this game either. Much nicer folk compared to those who I meet playing shooters or racing games. Lol.

ErichWK

ugh. Ranked up to Div 5 Challenger 3 on my own. then lost an epic 9 games in a row. got myself up to Div 3.

Someone rank me up. :(

Grinchy

Banned
I know I'll never get any higher than the shooting star I had in Doubles a few weeks ago. I forgot how to play the game after that. Does anyone know how you make your car come in contact with the ball? Is it some button on the controller that broke on mine?

When I started my beret collection, I never thought I'd like the grey one so much.
w3tIF8d.jpg

TheKeyPit

Banned
I know I'll never get any higher than the shooting star I had in Doubles a few weeks ago. I forgot how to play the game after that. Does anyone know how you make your car come in contact with the ball? Is it some button on the controller that broke on mine?

When I started my beret collection, I never thought I'd like the grey one so much.

Looks cool, but you need some yellow or black wheels :)

TheKeyPit

Banned
I have some black Trahere wheels but I don't really like them :(

Forget Trahere wheels. I don't even understand why they chose these to be available in different colors.

Edit: Psyonix, if you read this: Make Spyder, Stallion, Tempest, Tomahawk and Vortex wheels available in different colors.

bjaelke

I just went back to the PS4 to check out the rumble update after having played exclusively on PC for the last 3-4 months. The difference in input delay is making the PS4 version unplayable for me. It feels sluggish and heavy. This is not the same game I remember playing before switching to PC. A couple of semi-pro players humiliated me online. I found myself missing the simplest of tap-ins. Almost felt like I was remote playing it and had consumed a couple of beers during warmup. Sorry to anyone who got me as their teammate during the last 30 minutes or so.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I just went back to the PS4 to check out the rumble update after having played exclusively on PC for the last 3-4 months. The difference in input delay is making the PS4 version unplayable for me. It feels sluggish and heavy. This is not the same game I remember playing before switching to PC. A couple of semi-pro players humiliated me online. I found myself missing the simplest of tap-ins. Almost felt like I was remote playing it and had consumed a couple of beers during warmup. Sorry to anyone who got me as their teammate during the last 30 minutes or so.

Sorry, if this is obvious but was vsync enabled?

Grinchy

Banned
Trading with people is sooo annoying. You can literally make a thread that says 'I'm trading X for Y. Nothing else" and you'll get 10 people add you right away to ask what you have for trade and they don't even have Y.

No one reads anything. They seem to just go through every new post and add people with no idea of what's going on.

Midseason Mayhem

Midseason Mayhem (MSM) is an invitational tournament that puts an entirely new spin on competitive Rocket League. For one weekend, the standard RLCS rules will be thrown out the window as the Top 16 League Play teams must compete in completely unfamiliar territory.

These pro players will face off in matches containing varying non-regulation arenas, Mutators, and more. The best part is… YOU get to decide where and how they play. For the first time ever in the RLCS, the matches will be almost completely influenced by viewers on our Twitch channel! Adaptation will be the key to walking away with a nice slice of the $10,000 prize pool.

MIDSEASON MAYHEM FORMAT
League Play teams will be placed into a single-elimination bracket where best-of-five series will determine who moves on. Prior to each match, viewers will have an opportunity to vote on which non-regulation arenas and predefined Mutator combinations will appear and the teams will have to adapt to in order stay in the tournament. For example, Twitch viewers can vote for the following non-regulation stadiums: Wasteland, Neo Tokyo, Octagon, Double Goal, Cosmic, Pillars, and Utopia Retro.

Here's a quick look at the overall format:

Game 1: Top voted non-regulation arena
Game 2: Runner-up non-regulation arena
Game 3: Top voted Mutator combinations
Game 4: Runner-up Mutator combinations
Game 5: Rumble!

It's worth noting that the Midseason Mayhem tournament does not affect the RLCS standings, so join us to let loose, have some fun, and experience competitive Rocket League like never before! We'll have more details to come when we release the official rules, but make sure you mark your calendars now, the mayhem commences October 8-9th!

Tune into the official Rocket League Championship Series broadcasts every weekend at www.twitch.tv/RocketLeague!

North American Broadcast – Saturdays at 12pm PT / 9pm CEST
European Broadcast – Sundays at 9am PT / 6pm CEST

damn this sounds like fun.

Salsa

barely start game, miss one shot on a good one by them, dude starts with the faggots and shit in portuguese like 30 seconds into the game:

8lciqHe.png

SAM community on point as ever. cool

She is complete.
Dom GT Body
Black Sunburst
Black Devil Horns
candy Corn boost(remove the damn candy corn pleaaaaase)
After about 12 crate openings with horrible luck I decide to start selling boxes and trading keys for items I wanted. Mission accomplished.

ErichWK

seriously the worst luck this week. It's catastrophic. Div 5 Challenger 3 to Div 1. Good God.

I def. want to stop playing with Randoms right now, if anyone here wants to band together, who is around Challenger 3.

She is complete.
Dom GT Body
Black Sunburst
Black Devil Horns
candy Corn boost(remove the damn candy corn pleaaaaase)

After about 12 crate openings with horrible luck I decide to start selling boxes and trading keys for items I wanted. Mission accomplished.

Beautiful!

I am using Dom with Snakeskin and Pixelfire at the moment.

^Now on to the next car :)
Please I can't. I sopent so many hours in trade channels yesterday lol.
seriously the worst luck this week. It's catastrophic. Div 5 Challenger 3 to Div 1. Good God.

I def. want to stop playing with Randoms right now, if anyone here wants to band together, who is around Challenger 3.
I know that feel.
Lé Blade Runner;217813280 said:
Beautiful!

I am using Dom with Snakeskin and Pixelfire at the moment.

Thanks man.

v1lla21

I just played a shit load of matches and didn't unlock a single thing. Not even a single common topper. Is something wrong?

Do you play on PC or ps4? I'm Challenger 2 on PC and challenger 3 on ps4

Btw, I'm doing something to my car that you guys may find funny. If everything goes well I'll post it on here. Lol

barely start game, miss one shot on a good one by them, dude starts with the faggots and shit in portuguese like 30 seconds into the game:

8lciqHe.png

SAM community on point as ever. cool

EU is a cesspool as well most of the time now. Even Rumble which is a casual playlist. I'm getting closer day by day to just completely disabling any and all communication in game.

hao chi

I was actually thinking recently about how much I'd love an underwater arena, though I was thinking more like an arena in an aquarium with tons of sharks and fish swimming around outside the arena, but Aquadome still looks very cool. I wasn't sure how practical my idea would be without sacrificing frame rate anyway.

ErichWK

Cool! Added.

Yeah I'm gonna try and reach rising star. I played a few matches today but I was getting paired with awful randoms.

Rad! I'm West Coast. Our work Day on Fridays end around 6. Though, I might play with some coworkers for a bit. Would be rad to find another Gaffer for a third! Either way, we will make it work if not today than next week.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
The new arena looks great, but the cars don't do much for me. Props to them though for designing cars around the theme.

Top Bottom