• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

I play anything except Aftershock, Backfire, Gizmo, Grog, Ripper, Roadhog and Scarab if I'm trying to win in Ranked. I know Aftershock is just Dominus hitbox but the design throws me off.

If I'm trying hard I'll use Breakout, Dominus (or GT) or Octane or Takumi (or RX-T). I enjoy the new X-Devil too.

Breakout is my bae though. Can't wait for the new version whenever it comes out

PatjuhR

I think the best advice is practice.

I remember I just downloaded the game. I was all over the place. We probably all had that. Some learn faster than others, but I know I played a lot in the beginning and didn't do that good. You'll get better.

I play anything except Aftershock, Backfire, Gizmo, Grog, Ripper, Roadhog and Scarab if I'm trying to win in Ranked. I know Aftershock is just Dominus hitbox but the design throws me off.

If I'm trying hard I'll use Breakout, Dominus (or GT) or Octane or Takumi (or RX-T). I enjoy the new X-Devil too.

Breakout is my bae though. Can't wait for the new version whenever it comes out

Breakout and Octane will be very popular revisions.

Soulflarz

Banned
Challenger elite in under 20 matches, not that bad I guess (16 or so?)

...blehhh
grinding to blues
boring~

and it's in 1s, my worst playlist.

Merc.

i dont know what you mean by try harding

It's a term used by Lachinio a while back to have a go at people who've learned to block freestyle shots in player matches. Basically it operates under the assumption that you should stand back and watch his godly freestyle and not interfere. It does nothing but discourage those who are only just catching up with the better players for even trying in the first place.

Yeah I expect Breakout to look amazing when revised. Pity I don't use it but I may have to give it a shot when they do. Octane on the other hand will probably become my new main. I'm already slowly edging back towards it from Dom GT.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's a term used by Lachinio a while back to have a go at people who've learned to block freestyle shots in player matches. Basically it operates under the assumption that you should stand back and watch his godly freestyle and not interfere. It does nothing but discourage those who are only just catching up with the better players for even trying in the first place.

On that note
if it's like prospect and you're ex blue
do silly shots/attempt freestyles
you'll make them forfeit 5x faster for that rank moveup :V

(okay, that's mean, moreso noting that low ranks are hell and I don't think we needed full resets for s2- it's the same reason I don't intend to get top 100 in OW again, it all gets wiped)

Cels

is it possible to party across platforms?

e.g. if i play on PC and friend plays on PS4/XB1 can i party with the friend? so we can play in playlist, not private matches.

Big Nikus

^ ah, damn. No point in convincing my friends to get it on their PS4 then.

So, I bought 5 keys, and with that so far I've had the items that I wanted the least in the crates. And you can have doubles ?
Well, lesson learned.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I only play hoops now. I firmly stand by my stance that hoops is better than the main game and should be in ranked.

Am I the only one that has never changed my control layout? Hundreds of hours and yep I still have powerslide and air twist on x.

On that note
if it's like prospect and you're ex blue
do silly shots/attempt freestyles
you'll make them forfeit 5x faster for that rank moveup :V

(okay, that's mean, moreso noting that low ranks are hell and I don't think we needed full resets for s2- it's the same reason I don't intend to get top 100 in OW again, it all gets wiped)

I hated the reset too and almost quit after it. That tactic is a solid tactic for fast ranking though and does work. To be honest that saves everyone time when the MM shits the bed and leaves you with way too much diversity in the ranks. It's the whole idea that people shouldn't try and block this awesome shot that just doesn't sit well with me. Like if you're that awesome, get around my attempt at blocking it is what I tend to think in the back of my head, I've learned to just not take part in conversation at all anymore.

On that last note actually, if the devs are still reading the thread could we please see an auto-ban implemented for racist and homophobic slurs? Considering how well devs have done at blocking that in other games it's amazing that it still flies free in text form on RL and with incredible regularity. Playing Brawl has really made me realize just how toxic some parts of the community really are.

Unicorn

I only play hoops now. I firmly stand by my stance that hoops is better than the main game and should be in ranked.

Am I the only one that has never changed my control layout? Hundreds of hours and yep I still have powerslide and air twist on x.
I changed air twist to left trigger, but handbrake is still X. My muscle memory is too ingrained that I can't change it. I also play markedly worse with a steam controller or ps4 versus an xbone controller.

I changed air twist to left trigger, but handbrake is still X. My muscle memory is too ingrained that I can't change it.
Same here. Though I may swap the handbrake and camera buttons so I can boost and drift at the same time (hitting both with my thumb). I'm just so used to having handbrake on square in other games that it's very natural.

And I'm not putting boost or drift on the shoulder buttons because I use them too often. I'm just not a fan of having to use both my index and middle fingers at the same time a lot. Seems to tense up my hands. I think it's partially due to the design of PS controllers, which I otherwise like.

So I just realized a way to make serious profits on the trade market. It's technically not an exploit in any way and doesn't game the system or involve screwing players over, instead it relies on taking advantage of something in plain sight that most people are not paying attention to. I'd post exactly what it is but first I want to use it to get the last few items I want at least so I'm not fighting with others for the needed items, but as soon as I have I'll say how I'm doing it here. It will likely increase the value of said items once it gets out though.

I'm fairly certain some of the traders on the RLE subreddit have already worked it out themselves hence their colossal inventories. I'm sure some of you here can probably work it out too with a bit of thought. I know what a dick move it is to be so cryptic like this I just don't want to cause a price spike. I'll say this much for now while I'm still using it, it's about prioritizing low value items that give you access to higher value items. Even that's probably making it a bit obvious I'd guess.

Big Nikus

Well I haven't slept for at least 22 hours so no I cannot figure anything out right now lol
But don't feel bad for not spilling the beans right away.

I have to stay awake for two more hours so I'm gonna play some Rumble. I played it for the first time earlier today, this shit is insane. I love it xD

Unicorn

So I just realized a way to make serious profits on the trade market. It's technically not an exploit in any way and doesn't game the system or involve screwing players over, instead it relies on taking advantage of something in plain sight that most people are not paying attention to. I'd post exactly what it is but first I want to use it to get the last few items I want at least so I'm not fighting with others for the needed items, but as soon as I have I'll say how I'm doing it here. It will likely increase the value of said items once it gets out though.

I'm fairly certain some of the traders on the RLE subreddit have already worked it out themselves hence their colossal inventories. I'm sure some of you here can probably work it out too with a bit of thought. I know what a dick move it is to be so cryptic like this I just don't want to cause a price spike. I'll say this much for now while I'm still using it, it's about prioritizing low value items that give you access to higher value items. Even that's probably making it a bit obvious I'd guess.
Are you the Pigeon topper guy?

Got fucking scammed out of a dom gt. Guy said he was trading orange chaks ended up being burnt cienna. Devs...seriously why the hell put two things so similar in the game? Also I know you can click (more info) but sometimes you forget. it should be 100 percent clearly visible on the trade window. Please fix this shit and get rid of burnt cienna.

If anyone has some Crimson Lightning Wheels on PC and would be interested in a set of Crimson Loopers give me a shout.

Got fucking scammed out of a dom gt. Guy said he was trading orange chaks ended up being burnt cienna. Devs...seriously why the hell put two things so similar in the game? Also I know you can click (more info) but sometimes you forget. it should be 100 percent clearly visible on the trade window. Please fix this shit and get rid of burnt cienna.

That trade window is a pain in the ass. I've not been scammed luckily but there's plenty of times I could have been because I forgot to hit show details when trading for colored wheels. It should be showing details by default.

If anyone has some Crimson Lightning Wheels on PC and would be interested in a set of Crimson Loopers give me a shout.

That trade window is a pain in the ass. I've not been scammed luckily but there's plenty of times I could have been because I forgot to hit show details when trading for colored wheels. It should be showing details by default.

Yep. Really baffling why it wouldn't. Ultimately my fault but I wanted the deal to happen and wasn't thinking. been bummed since but just traded those chaks for lime green bursts. I can work those really well on the market so I feel better.

Whew.
0LwGFtw.png

PatjuhR

They way the trading system is set up now I have no interest at all. I was willing to look to an in game marketplace. But this is to much of a hassle for me.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

it's "worth" the most - but I found myself using the Labyrinth and Parallax much more. I didn't find too many color combos that worked with the Heatwave sadly.

what, trade up 5 roadhog xls for something better? can you do that?

edit: my bad, should have edited instead of dping.

what, trade up 5 roadhog xls for something better? can you do that?

edit: my bad, should have edited instead of dping.

;)

Welcome to the exotic market lol

Painted Chakram goes for $20-25 right now. Maybe it's time to look into trading.

To be fair the market is broken as all hell. People estimate painted wheels are worth around 10-20 keys at the upper end without being exotics, but then traders value them at closer to 5 half the time. It's a total mess of price gouging right now where everyone with something decent thinks they can dictate the price of everyone elses items and most people will pile on the bullcrap about having this infinitely better offer they were never given. It's sooooo much hassle and hard work. I'm very glad that I'm a single trade away from being done with other than simple profiteering. Making your perfect loadout sucks, or it did for me since it involves painted lightning wheels which people are super reluctant to part with even with other painted lightning/loopers on the table.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Good amount of free stuff to. More painted wheels, and an update to Hotshot and Roadhog.

They can put as many painted wheels as they want. I still didn't drop any.

I don't know how, but I'll try to get this new Breakout.

I bought twenty keys day one. Opened 12 and got crap. Started selling crates and trading and ended up with a Dom GT, Black Sunburst, Lightning wheels and 15 keys. Trade people.

Yeah, but what did you trade? If someone like me doesn't drop any cool painted wheels you're screwed for trading.

They can put as many painted wheels as they want. I still didn't drop any.

I don't know how, but I'll try to get this new Breakout.

Yeah, but what did you trade? If someone like me doesn't drop any cool painted wheels you're screwed for trading.

Only painted wheels I ever dropped were terrible worthless lowriders. My first trade was the 8 keys I had left plus some decals for a Dom GT. Then a guy traded me White Sunburts for the Dom GT and that was my first big deal. Today I used 4 keys and a c2 crate to get 5 anubis/dot matrix skins and got lucky trading up for a dom gt. After that I traded for lime sunburst then a Certified Dom Gt throwing in skins or crates along the way as long as I made profit. I went all the way up to parallax like that. It just takes a lot of patience and trading for high profit items.

Top Bottom