• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

TheKeyPit

Banned
The devilish Import Car collection is complete:

rl_devil_importcarsf0bu4.png

im getting constant rubberbanding on xbone. i feel like it started with one of the recent updates. my console is hardwired but i dont know what else could be the problem. plzzzz help!

Unicorn

The devilish Import Car collection is complete:

Did you trade for all the import cars? I'm curious what the RXT is valued at now. Really want that.

uuuuuuuugh fuck the matchmaking in Ranked where you win a bunch and instead of letting you play better players they just throw you with a teammate who fucking sucks and is a "pro." Like, forcing me to carry or deal with random ball touches that make no sense from my teammate is not a way to vet skill, imo. just won a handful of matches then got thrown with garbage venom spewing turds bringing me down the division I just reached.

TheKeyPit

Banned
im getting constant rubberbanding on xbone. i feel like it started with one of the recent updates. my console is hardwired but i dont know what else could be the problem. plzzzz help!

Is your ping normal during/before/after these moments?

Did you trade for all the import cars? I'm curious what the RXT is valued at now. Really want that.

uuuuuuuugh fuck the matchmaking in Ranked where you win a bunch and instead of letting you play better players they just throw you with a teammate who fucking sucks and is a "pro." Like, forcing me to carry or deal with random ball touches that make no sense from my teammate is not a way to vet skill, imo. just won a handful of matches then got thrown with garbage venom spewing turds bringing me down the division I just reached.

I got the Takumi RX-T and the X-Devil Mk2 out of my first five crates. I traded my Anubis Animated decal, 2 crates and a certified pigeon for the Road Hog XL. I got the Dominus GT from a decent guy who wanted my black Lobos for it.

Is your ping normal during/before/after these moments?

I got the Takumi RX-T and the X-Devil Mk2 out of my first five crates. I traded my Anubis Animated decal, 2 crates and a certified pigeon for the Road Hog XL. I got the Dominus GT from a decent guy who wanted my black Lobos for it.

yes it always hovers around 40.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow. G2 lost both times tonight. They have an insane uphill battle to even get to the playoffs.

A LAN championship without seeing Kronovi would feel so weird.

Does the game use some sort of hybrid hosting system with the dedicated servers?

Played a pair of guys and the game ran 100% fine except whenever they took a on target shot, when it would suddenly lag like hell, then return to normal the moment they scored. Happened 3 times before I quit.

Grinchy

Banned
It's good when they lose from time to time.

Definitely, but seeing them lose every shoutcasted series that they have played in this second RLCS season is so shocking.

I can't imagine how awkward it is in the new house that Kronovi and Over_zero just moved into lol

Unicorn

Traded a key for Roadhog XL. holy shit prices are plummeting. Even Takumi RX is valued at about 6 keys now, with some offers at 5 keys. I don't think I could get a Takumi with 5 key rolls on a cc1, but whatever.

Traded a key for Roadhog XL. holy shit prices are plummeting. Even Takumi RX is valued at about 6 keys now, with some offers at 5 keys. I don't think I could get a Takumi with 5 key rolls on a cc1, but whatever.

They will only keep going down as more people open cases. keys and painted wheels seem like the only things that will keep their value longterm.

Unicorn

They will only keep going down as more people open cases. keys and painted wheels seem like the only things that will keep their value longterm.

yeah, I should have just kept all my sunbursts. traded a purple for mk2 and it's only 2 or 3 keys for a mk2 now. traded gray sunburst for blue lowriders - i think they look better, but are probably worth less.

I'm just bad at trading, apparently.

Also, Mk2 may be my favorite car (really want a Takumi RX-T to compare), but the Mk2 can do a "handspring" sometimes with flipping and it feels like some advanced tech since the hitbox is so long that it can get a flip handspring bump to lead into a takeoff for aerials.

Awwww yeah, traded a couple crates and 5 crummy painted toppers for RX-T and I'm decked out for Halloween. Tried to get a tree vibe for the sides on team blue, but it either is too dark to read or looks like poop. dunno what to do about that.

Unicorn

Halloween is coming up, I'm sure they'll reenable those items as drops. And hopefully make more.

Halloween decals for all! Pure bat boost trail! ghost sheet topper that just covers the entire car! ghost trail that just makes a ghost "boooooooooooooooo" sound! Pumpkin ball instead of default ball! Halloween decor on all arenas!

Grinchy

Banned
I kinda don't like the idea of my weekly drops going to getting duplicates of last year's Halloween items, but I'm a greedy bastard who wants some painted wheels.

Unicorn

I kinda don't like the idea of my weekly drops going to getting duplicates of last year's Halloween items, but I'm a greedy bastard who wants some painted wheels.

I'm sure they would be a separate timer.

OMG imagine the chaos if they introduced halloween limited time crate. 10 keys per crate trading!

Soulflarz

Banned
played my first 8 matches in...half a year?
...already playing challenger 2s
in placements

lmao the system just noped me out of the low ranks on the spot

edit: yes, I might be back.

As much as I love how my dom GT looks i enjoy using the Octane so much more. cars with high hitboxes work better for me. Might just sell my GT before the prices bottom out completely and hold on to the keys for whatever later.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I love how my dom GT looks i enjoy using the Octane so much more. cars with high hitboxes work better for me. Might just sell my GT before the prices bottom out completely and hold on to the keys for whatever later.

Actually, I wanted to ask this. Does it make more sense to cash in on keys with my current skins and wait for the next cycle of crates to be released?

harz-marz

Played this loads on PC but have sold my gaming rig and plan to get the collectors edition on Xbox One. Does the game perform well and have busy servers still?

Prices are only falling further at this point.

Except painted wheels, especially painted exotics. Even tunicas and sunbursts have risen in the past week. It's likely due to a Google Sheet one guy put together with his estimates on key values for different wheels and colors. Most of the prices are inflated, particularly the bursts and tunicas. So people are asking for the moon for some of these wheels, especially the brighter ones like pink and sky blue.

My advice to everyone is that if you're looking for painted wheels to wait until the whales get what they want and let the prices come back down. If you're selling painted wheels, do it now when they have their highest value.

You could argue that painted common wheels (such as bursts and tunicas) will hold their value better, but there will always be new wheels and perhaps new paints down the line (gold, chrome, etc., you never know). The thing about painted crate wheels is that they're not as rare as painted common wheels--or won't be as people continue to open crates. They're just new and exciting. So if you don't mind parting with them, sell high and buy low.

Think I'm done with these crates for now. My last 10 keys or so has been nothing but the lowest grade crap you could ask for. All I wanted was one more item worthy of trading for Sky Blue Lightning wheels to finish my blue team loadout but it's just not happening. It bugs me way too much having Crimson Loopers on orange team and only Sky Blue Tunics on blue team.

The plummeting value of the items is a pretty big cause for concern too since 90% of the stuff in them is worthless and of no use in the trading scene.

Grinchy

Banned
Think I'm done with these crates for now. My last 10 keys or so has been nothing but the lowest grade crap you could ask for. All I wanted was one more item worthy of trading for Sky Blue Lightning wheels to finish my blue team loadout but it's just not happening. It bugs me way too much having Crimson Loopers on orange team and only Sky Blue Tunics on blue team.

The plummeting value of the items is a pretty big cause for concern too since 90% of the stuff in them is worthless and of no use in the trading scene.

Probably could have just used those 10 keys to trade for the exact item you wanted instead of hoping to get something specific out of crates.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Probably could have just used those 10 keys to trade for the exact item you wanted instead of hoping to get something specific out of crates.

it really depends...i had a guy try to pass me some orange loopers for 30 keys. best to wait it out until the hype dies down.

That's what I did after a few cases. I really enjoy trading in games. I have probably netted 20 keys worth of profit just trading items. I spent 20 on keys and Opened 11 crates traded for a dom gt, takumi and black sunbursts worth twenty keys. Also have a bunch of random purples.and boosts from my openings. Trade don't open.

Soulflarz

Banned
10-0
placed challenger 2

challenger 2 in doubles and singles, this is boring still opponent wise
I don't wanna grind to shooting star.

Not for 10 keys on Sky Blue Lightning Wheels. The lower ceiling for trade on those is around 30 keys and they're usually estimated at closer to 45. It's not too surprising considering the rarity of painted exotic wheels. I just wanted to pull any other set to use as currency in a trade for the ones I was after since I can't justify buying 45 keys to swap for a set of wheels.

With the way prices are on the trading subreddit right now you'd be hard pushed getting Sky Blue Sunbursts for 10 keys.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Winning more than 3 matches to go one division up, losing just one and dropping down. I HATE THIS GAME.

Edit: I started to like Ranked again, but nope, I'll just stay out of it for another two+ weeks.

meshwork

Winning more than 3 matches to go one division up, losing just one and dropping down. I HATE THIS GAME.

Edit: I started to like Ranked again, but nope, I'll just stay out of it for another two+ weeks.

I was so excited when the patch notes said they added an option to just hide divisions from Ranked, but they screwed it up by still having the notifications on when you go up/down in divisions. I don't really care what division I am in, but I do care that I'm going up or down a division, and that's the part I wanted to hide. Psyonix disagrees with me on this it seems.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Am I retarded or where can I find the marketplace?

there is no steam marketplace - you have to find ppl and add them to your friends list.

You can find in the steam discussions a section dedicated to trading, there's also that reddit (rocket exchange) and there's also greatpass.io which i found useful.

Ughh i have such a hard time actually hitting the ball at all. anyone got any tips?

This is probably going to sound like the dumbest tip, but trust me it will help. Stay behind the ball. I don't just mean keep yourself behind the ball either but try to get a feel for what distance you want to keep from the ball for a number of factors such as the shot you want to take, the speed you're travelling, the speed the ball is travelling, the positioning of opposing cars etc. It sound SO basic, but really a lot of shots are missed because you had that little bit too much momentum, jumped that second too late etc.

It could be something that's not a problem for you, but in my experience I find that most of my misses come down to having too much speed at takeoff to reach the ball where I intended, either brushing it or missing it all together. There's a very fine line between rushing your shot and taking too much time with a small sweet spot in the middle. It's hard to give direct tips, but you want to focus on keeping your cool and having good ball control. Once you start getting a hang for that the rest comes naturally over time.

Also remember to check out advanced strategy videos for fancy tricks. I don't know how much play time you have, but if you're at an early-ish level, it would probably be worthwhile to check out SubParButInHD on Youtube, it's some of the ex Team Rocket members giving some good beginner/intermediate tips with Kronovi and other pros making guest appearances. Once you get comfy with that JHZER has a couple tutorials on advanced tricks that helped me up my aerial dribbling and control, check them out but it's worth noting that his playstyle isn't optimal despite his incredible car control and you can learn much better positioning from other high level players.

Top Bottom