• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

TheKeyPit

Banned
Only painted wheels I ever dropped were terrible worthless lowriders. My first trade was the 8 keys I had left plus some decals for a Dom GT. Then a guy traded me White Sunburts for the Dom GT and that was my first big deal. Today I used 4 keys and a c2 crate to get 5 anubis/dot matrix skins and got lucky trading up for a dom gt. After that I traded for lime sunburst then a Certified Dom Gt throwing in skins or crates along the way as long as I made profit. I went all the way up to parallax like that. It just takes a lot of patience and trading for high profit items.

And it takes money; in this case: keys.

Only other safe way is to collect a lot of crates and trade them.

Things is: Do the other crates still drop? That will make C3 more valuable, because 2 crates dropping VS 3 crates dropping will make it rarer.

No clue. I'd find it hard to believe they would discontinue the first crates so quickly though.

What I hope for more than anything in this crate is a new decal for the Dom GT. They aren't very great.

More detailed info on the steam post.
Free Redesigns for Two Classic Battle-Cars
or-hotshot-roadhog.png

We're actively looking for new ways to improve Rocket League with every release and in AquaDome, this comes in the form of upgraded visual designs for both Road Hog and Hotshot. To be honest, we've wanted to streamline the look of these car for quite some time now and we're glad that we're finally able to replace the old models with new ones. Don't worry about those hitboxes or turning radii, they'll remain exactly the same!

New Achievements and Trophies

You've been asking us to add even more Trophies and Achievements to Rocket League, so we've added seven more in our next update. Here's the complete list:

GG - Win the MVP award in a game that goes to overtime
Trifecta - Score a Goal, Save a shot, and Assist a teammate in a single game
Infinite Power! - Activate every power-up in Rocket League Rumble
Stopped Cold - Freeze an opponent's shot before it can score
Sea Turtle - Head to AquaDome and score a goal while flipped on your back
Get Up, Mr. Bubbles! - Equip the Bubbles Rocket Trail and Score an Aerial goal, while playing in AquaDome
Rocket Genocider - Make 535 Shots on Goal

New Free Item Drops
or-wheels.png

As with every major update, AquaDome includes several free Garage items to go along with everything else, and we've added an ocean's worth of dazzling new Painted Wheels for this installment, in addition to some new Antennas, Rocket Trailers, a Topper, and more! We've even added the long-requested RLCS flag to the Community folder as League Play heats up!

Summation

Those are the headline items for the AquaDome update, but we have a few more goodies not mentioned here. Be sure and check out the complete patch notes for all information on release day, October 4.

I wonder what those goodies can be? last patch added so many features we long wanted. i think one of the biggest things needed is a better spectator mode. I want to be able to just watch a backlog of replays, be able to spectate friends and watch high level match in a spectator channel.

How quickly they're expanding the crate system to a third set honestly worries me. This is going to be a huge cash cow and it's actually turning me away from the game a bit thinking just how much content they're going to churn out behind the crate and key system.

TheKeyPit

Banned
How quickly they're expanding the crate system to a third set honestly worries me. This is going to be a huge cash cow and it's actually turning me away from the game a bit thinking just how much content they're going to churn out behind the crate and key system.

We still don't have any numbers on how small/big the portion is which goes into esport, right?

We still don't have any numbers on how small/big the portion is which goes into esport, right?

I don't think they plan to disclose it. it's not that which concerns me though, it's just taking part in this system without paying is going to be VERY difficult if they roll out new items with such frequency since the crate currency will be tanking before you can build up a solid reserve of them.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I don't think they plan to disclose it. it's not that which concerns me though, it's just taking part in this system without paying is going to be VERY difficult if they roll out new items with such frequency since the crate currency will be tanking before you can build up a solid reserve of them.

I've said it from the get-go: This crate & key system is sh**. Having ads in the game would've been much better. That way everyone would have had access to these items.

Edit: But hey, they've run some calculations and this is the way they can make the most money out of it.

Some of the hardest items to get are painted wheels anyway. The ability to trade crates you don't open for keys is a great thing. This is one company I want making more money. They support this game well and still offer a good amount of free content. We are getting a map, two updated cars, toppers, antennas and new sets of painted wheels for free this update. They are honestly pretty reasonable.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Some of the hardest items to get are painted wheels anyway. The ability to trade crates you don't open for keys is a great thing. This is one company I want making more money. They support this game well and still offer a good amount of free content. We are getting a map, two updated cars, toppers, antennas and new sets of painted wheels for free this update. They are honestly pretty reasonable.

This is only one of the things I have to smirk at. New painted wheels for free. It's not like they have to work a whole week to create a set of painted wheels.(Talking about wheels that are already in the game)

rafaelr

i think i´ve become an enabler. i can´t stand the crate and keys thing, gave away all my crates and special items to a friend and went back to default cars. meanwhile my friend has spent pretty much all the time trading and has played RL for about 2hrs in the past 2 weeks. had no idea he was that susceptible to this shit.

i think i´ve become an enabler. i can´t stand the crate and keys thing, gave away all my crates and special items to a friend and went back to default cars. meanwhile my friend has spent pretty much all the time trading and has played RL for about 2hrs in the past 2 weeks. had no idea he was that susceptible to this shit.

If he enjoys it why are you hating?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I bought twenty keys day one. Opened 12 and got crap. Started selling crates and trading and ended up with a Dom GT, Black Sunburst, Lightning wheels and 15 keys. Trade people.

You have to be lucky to get something "worth" trading - I luckily got a Heatwave and a Labyrinth with 10 keys - traded the Heatwave and now I have most of what I want, save for the painted exotic wheels. I have to say the trading process is really unpleasent, save for a few decent people.

Nete

The trading subreddit is a madness. Each time I go there with the idea of trading something, I end up like this:

gvHlJfN.gif

I have some decent things that I don't really care of (all three C1 wheels, both Octane skins, Trinity trial, some non-crate painted wheels/toppers...), but trying to do something there without sinking too much time is a nightmare.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't we have a trading thread on GAF ? Is it against the rules ?

I don't think it's an issue - I've seen threads for Dota and TF2 previously. You'd probably be better served by a trading exchange that has a larger volume of users though. Trading is already fragmented by platform so finding someone eligible with whom you actually want to trade with can be difficult.

The trading subreddit is a madness. Each time I go there with the idea of trading something, I end up like this:

gvHlJfN.gif

I have some decent things that I don't really care of (all three C1 wheels, both Octane skins, Trinity trial, some non-crate painted wheels/toppers...), but trying to do something there without sinking too much time is a nightmare.

It's due people asking such ridiculous amounts for trades. It's odd, it was actually easier last week. This week I've not made a single trade since people are now expecting like 2-3 sets of painted exotics + adds for their single set of painted exotics. There's a weird skew on what is worth what too. Take C1 for instance which has the higher value, yet both wheel sets they can drop are practically worthless this week with everyone seeking lightning now. Yet C1 remains higher value, mostly due to the rush for Dom GT which has since settled down.

It seems like they should be closer to equal value now if anything. I've finally found a way to have a large amount of exotics to trade but the market seems so defensive of their items recently that landing trades just isn't happening. Edit: Best offer of the day for my Crimson Loopers was standard lightning + 4 C2. FML.

Grinchy

Banned

gvHlJfN.gif

I hate it because only 1 out of every 10 people who visit your trading thread even read the title, let alone the post. I always got a ton of people adding me right away so I'd have 5 message threads going at the same time.

I'd go 3 or 4 people in a row who had no idea what I was trading or what I wanted despite adding me from the thread that stated the exact trade I was doing right in the title. Then they act upset when you tell them what the trade is for.

Big Nikus

It's my birthday, I'm turning 31, and my fiancee isn't here tonight and I'm alone with my cat and Rocket League, so let's get this sad party started :

Seum 31. I'm putting a copyright on that name.
(it's a new slang french term, with a meaning close to "salty", and yeah it's pronounced like Sum...)

I still suck badly but I've made some progress these last fews days. Still can't control aerials properly though, despite spending some time in Training :(

TheKeyPit

Banned
I went online for a couple of casual Doubles games and I probably ended up with two of my best competetive matches so far. The opponents and my teammate were on a high skill level. Good plays, nice saves, no crazy screw-ups. This is how I'd like to play for an eternity. I had to stop playing after these matches, because it only could have gone worse with the next ones.

so what are my lightning wheels worth?

Standard ones? about 6 keys. Crimson ones? Fuck knows. I've offered my Crimson Loopers + White Tunica + Lime Tunica + all my crates to a few people and no takers soooooo.... the earth? Seems to be somewhere between the value of a Bugatti Veyron and a Saturn V rocket.

My god this game never stops giving.

If a retail copy was made, it could easily go for $50.00.

For a sequel (next gen probably), I'd love to see huge expansions into single player, co-op, and A.I. For online, they can keep improving the party modes as the competitive is pretty perfect... I'm thinking unique vehicles would be fun (big cars hit harder, fast cars accelerate quickly, medium cars turn quicker, etc). This would make Single Player a lot of fun as you play unique lineups and make your own roster.

And for online, the big improvement would be Clubs.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I know when to stop. This 1v1 enraged me so much that I had to forfeit the match with a minute left. I immediately closed the game and now I'm going to watch a movie to forget this shit show as fast as possible.

Grinchy

Banned
There goes that sponsorship.

Yeah, I wonder how G2 feels about it. Kronovi brings in a lot of viewers on Twitch, but he's on so rarely. If G2 isn't at the LAN (which is looking very likely), I wonder if G2 will renew the sponsorship next year or if they will move over to one of the better teams.

Unicorn

I assume Halloween stuff will kick back in on the 4th as well, when crate 3 and the new dlc and updates hit. Was there any mention in either news about the other things coming?

Top Bottom