• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Grinchy

Banned
"Take the shot!" is one of the least useful quickchats the way most people use it.

There's nothing more annoying than a player who thinks he's putting up a good pass that's anything but and spamming "Take the shot!" over and over again while the opponent pops his shitty touch back over his head towards our goal.

Yes, only useful for calling KO's and agree "take the shot" is super annoying otherwise, especially with idiot players whose "pass" is a dive / driving right behind other teammate in corner so you can't risk going for it even if it is actually good. Die Die Die.

Grudy

I never posted here before (even though I have about 300 hours played) but I just hit my blue star in Standard and I'm crazy happy right now
TadkV.gif

Salsa

I just lost a promotion match I tied with 10 seconds left cause my teamate was writing "what do you want for alpha hat"

they scored and won

he was typing on kickoff with 10 sec left on 2-2

I hope he gets run over by a fucking truck irl

Pejo

Got the Fuzzy Vampire last night, and that officially makes it 100% of all the halloween specific stuff from last year and this year. Feels good to have it all.

Also, ended the night with an amazing pulled out of my ass game winning save at 0 seconds left. I had to quit for the night afterwards because I just couldn't let the randoms I was playing with know that I'm not really that good in a second game.

I also played with this dude over the weekend that was so good, I almost expected he had some sort of bot going. He was flailing all over the place in the air, changing direction and boosting but made contact with the ball nearly 100% of the time and towards our goal. I've never seen anything like it. Like driving up the wall on his end of the field, jumping off and just wiggling around in the air and scoring. It was insane.

Got the Fuzzy Vampire last night, and that officially makes it 100% of all the halloween specific stuff from last year and this year. Feels good to have it all.

Also, ended the night with an amazing pulled out of my ass game winning save at 0 seconds left. I had to quit for the night afterwards because I just couldn't let the randoms I was playing with know that I'm not really that good in a second game.

I also played with this dude over the weekend that was so good, I almost expected he had some sort of bot going. He was flailing all over the place in the air, changing direction and boosting but made contact with the ball nearly 100% of the time and towards our goal. I've never seen anything like it. Like driving up the wall on his end of the field, jumping off and just wiggling around in the air and scoring. It was insane.
Freestyler. Those people show you how far you can take those game when it comes to car control. They are amazing to watch a d I hope to dabble in it when I become a better player.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Freestyler. Those people show you how far you can take those game when it comes to car control. They are amazing to watch a d I hope to dabble in it when I become a better player.

I'll never be able to do this, because the Y-Axis is screwing with me + inverted flight.

Edit: I can't cope with that many inputs. I wasn't able to play Guitar Hero with 5 buttons back then. My brain just goes nope. lol

I just lost a promotion match I tied with 10 seconds left cause my teamate was writing "what do you want for alpha hat"

they scored and won

he was typing on kickoff with 10 sec left on 2-2

I hope he gets run over by a fucking truck irl
Soooooo... did you tell him what you want for it?

Pejo

Yea it was really insane to watch. And here I am at Pro still completely missing the ball when flying by at certain angles.

I can't imagine how exhausted you'd have to be after a game or two of playing like that though.

Ballistik

I haven't played much since Gears 4 came out but I finally made some time to play and man that rank adjustment was nice. I was stuck in Challenger 3/Elite across the board.

Now I'm rising star in all but Solo Standard...Currently Challenger Elite div 4, so almost there!

To be fair there's never really a bad time to start trying. I still suck a lot of the time, especially since I don't play much right now, but I can get some nice freestyle goals here and there. You learn so much just by trying them, get a much better feel for car control and once you're at the point of doing rolls to use your flip at weird angles to take shots you'll have incredible recovery ability since you can just flip and roll any way you want to kill or increase momentum. That's not even counting the angles you can get that you may not be able to usually.

There are easier and harder ways to try it too. The basic one is pretty simple if you get the launch right as you won't need to do much correctional burning. Then it's just about looking stylish and getting the angle at the last second. These are not too hard. If you get technical with it you can fall from the roof and retain your flip, or boost up from the goal wall to launch and retain the flip, then use it as the last part of a dunk. This shit is hard! Especially since you'll need to figure a new launch pattern as you're starting upside down from the roof. My first few attempts ended much like my first aerial, but even once you have the launch right it's crazy hard.

Also a lot of people might not qualify it as a freestyle without a few seconds of pre spinning but some of my favorites are simple ones like half spins to an upside down dunk since they're executed in a smaller window much like your standard shot. They're also fairly easy since it's all in the launch.

dsk1210

The mood and frame of mind hugely influences how I play in this game.

Sometimes I am awesome and other times I am cursing at some of the misses I am making.

It's the best game in the fucking world right now though, no other game can pull me back constantly like this. I sort of understand how Dota players were saying it ruined other games for them as I go to play something and 20 mins later Rocket League is on.

Pure gameplay mechanics boiled down to its purest and accurate form as well as being pleasing on the eye.

Game runs a rock solid 60fps at 4k as well and looks pin sharp on my LG OLED.

I still hate all this crate non sense though as it has ruined a lot of games for me as a teammate keeps asking about crates on kick off and not going for the ball. Fucking play the game asshole.

Grinchy

Banned
Just got some titanium white Falco wheels earlier. They look really sweet. It makes up for the fact that I've only gotten one single C3 crate since those crates came out.

The mood and frame of mind hugely influences how I play in this game.

Sometimes I am awesome and other times I am cursing at some of the misses I am making.

It's the best game in the fucking world right now though, no other game can pull me back constantly like this. I sort of understand how Dota players were saying it ruined other games for them as I go to play something and 20 mins later Rocket League is on.

Pure gameplay mechanics boiled down to its purest and accurate form as well as being pleasing on the eye.

Game runs a rock solid 60fps at 4k as well and looks pin sharp on my LG OLED.

I still hate all this crate non sense though as it has ruined a lot of games for me as a teammate keeps asking about crates on kick off and not going for the ball. Fucking play the game asshole.

Oh I hear you, man. The only games that can pull me out of Rocket League, even for a passing moment, are Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2. And even then I am thinking about going back to Rocket.

v1lla21

Back down to challenger elite. I've had an incredibly shitty run these last couple of days on ps4. Gonna switch over to pc again and try to get that up. I added ErichWK and never played with him :(

Should we get a tournament running before the holidays start? I know I've asked a couple of times but I mean it for reals this time. Lol.

data

Man the community in this game is terrible. I'm playing unranked and people keep insulting me for not playing super well. And they really love the word "faggot". I don't get why they play unranked if they want teammates who are good. And people just keep leaving if they're on a losing side. So annoying. I feel so left out since I just play the game for fun.

Bought this when it first came out on PC and enjoyed a few matches. After watching the Noclip documentary I hopped back in to see how things had progressed and WOW. The hooks they've added in really make this something I could keep going back to. I can see myself putting dozens of hours or more into it.

Jarlaxle

This game is soooooo addicting. I stayed home from work yesterday because I was sick and wound up playing this for 6 hours straight. Since the games are so short, it's so easy to just say, "One more game," and then the hours just fly by.

I'm not the best but certainly not the worst and would love to have other Gaffers to play with. I play on XB1 and my GT is Jarlaxle if anyone ever wants to invite to play a little.

I'd also be down for any tournament if one is organized. Sounds like fun.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I just want every match to be that head-to-head-into-overtime-thrilling type, but instead maybe every tenth match is exactly like that. The rest is me just cursing at everything and everyone, including me.

I just want every match to be that head-to-head-into-overtime-thrilling type, but instead maybe every tenth match is exactly like that. The rest is me just cursing at everything and everyone, including me.

I'd say 80 of my matches end up in overtime. Which should be great but is stresses me the hell out. Though it is still great
when I don't lose it for us

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'd say 80 of my matches end up in overtime. Which should be great but is stresses me the hell out. Though it is still great
when I don't lose it for us

Best matches are good ones with 0:0 that go into overtime :D

Same, im taking a break. Back and forth between challenger 2 and 3 is killing me. And now I have a hole in my closet door.

rllol67uvw.png

I mean, look at this. That's just sad. I'm supposed to be worse than before.

Edit: 5 days of raging.

Back down to challenger elite. I've had an incredibly shitty run these last couple of days on ps4. Gonna switch over to pc again and try to get that up. I added ErichWK and never played with him :(

Should we get a tournament running before the holidays start? I know I've asked a couple of times but I mean it for reals this time. Lol.
It's your own fault for not accepting my invites.

The other night two of my buddies and I matched up with this crap-talking team three games in a row. We won the first. They won the second.

Third and final game starts. The smack talking is at astronomical levels. Mothers are being blamed. Fathers being cursed. Defense was crazy tight on both sides. We went into OT after a gripping 5 minutes at 0-0, talking so much crap about one another. Kick off happens. I center. My boy comes flying off the wall and scores the most improbable shot.

What a save!
What a save!
What a save!
Chat has been disabled for 4 seconds.
Chat has been disabled for 4 seconds.
Chat has been disabled for 3 seconds.

Lol it was insane. We talked so much crap in the postgame lobby. They could say nothing. Their goalie whiffed five seconds into OT on a 30mph goal. It was such an amazing feeling. Euphoric, even.

I love this game.

What's the best site for crate/key trading?
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeagueExchange/
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252950/tradingforum/
RL Garage: https://rocket-league.com/trading
Great Pass: https://greatpass.io/
Crate Trader: http://cratetrader.com/

For a general idea on item value: http://rltracker.pro/prices

I've had the most success with RL Garage and Great Pass but the biggest factor is what you have to trade. People don't care much about toppers, antennas, crates, or decals (non-Black Market); it's all about keys, wheels, bodies (Breakout Type-S and Dominus GT mostly), and trails. Even with trails most people are only looking for the very rare ones that come from crates.

If you don't want to spend any money on keys (I haven't) my advice would be to try and trade some CC3s for keys. I'm not sure how viable that is these days, though. Trading away some colored wheels you don't want might be another option.

Top Bottom