• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

C1 are like 4 for a key, C2 are like 6 for a key and c3 are like 3 for 2 keys.

Also here si what all my trading has led up to. Gonna make a gif soon. Still working on maybe getting colored tired for them. Maybe white for the blue side and orange for the red?

My choice would be these.

gFLV0Ud.jpg

You could go Blue or White for the other team too. It's not cheap though.

The beta gold nugget is like 5-10 keys on PS4. Bizarre it's so much lower than PC. I can understand the difference for other items like Heatwave (20-23 on PS4 vs around 30 on PC) because that's due to more keys circulating on PC. But the huge difference for the beta nugget is astounding. Were there perhaps far less beta players on PC so it's more rare?

The beta gold nugget is like 5-10 keys on PS4. Bizarre it's so much lower than PC. I can understand the difference for other items like Heatwave (20-23 on PS4 vs around 30 on PC) because that's due to more keys circulating on PC. But the huge difference for the beta nugget is astounding. Were there perhaps far less beta players on PC so it's more rare?

Is it that low on PS4? I got 60 from the Price Checkers on Discord.

Got Loopers, Photons, Lightning, Zetas, Red Chakrams, and 2x painted Asterias. Just looking for Lobo and Disco now. Also DM decals so I can toss one on Dom GT. Though Snakeskin looks amazing on my regular Dom.

And without spending a cent.

Damn, I love this game and I love my friends that give me their crates.

BPK

I get that crates contain Rare, Very Rare, Import, Exotic, and Black Market items. That said, I have two questions:

1. Can any of the above items drop randomly at the end of games or are they to be found exclusively in crates?

2. If these items are only to be found in crates, is one way to obtain a rare item to trade five uncommon ones that I earned randomly?

Crate items are exclusive to their crates. You can't trade up to crate items. You can however, trade in crate items for higher level crate items, though they have to be from the crate series and of course the same level.

Crate items, particularly from C1 and C2 crates, are so cheap now, you can get most of them by trading crates. So as Khalifa said, you don't really need to spend money to get many of these items.

Went back to my Black Rims. Just wasn't a fan of the extra color. Darkened the colors a bit and used lightning instead of Ice for blue boost.
Looking nice! Sunbursts are some of my favorite wheels in the game. I've started collecting those and chakram. Lately I've been using my black chaks with my orange team setups. Looks great with the Halloween items!

BPK

Crate items, particularly from C1 and C2 crates, are so cheap now, you can get most of them by trading crates. So as Khalifa said, you don't really need to spend money to get many of these items.

So I'd need to trade crates to get items from C1 and C2? How many crates would a typical item from C1 or C2 cost?

Soulflarz

Banned
this game does not want me making it out of idiot-ville on 3s

everything from game crashing to my dorm internet dying >_>

which kinda sucks, cause all star s2, it's...a really...really...slow climb back to whatever used to be top few percents.

Whew...thats like 50+ keys in wheels alone. Well done man.

Thanks! It took a lot of luck with the few crates I did open and a few really good trades. I'm completely out of keys now though and I don't expect to make many until the next crate sets drop. The market for them is really dead at the moment. I can't think of much else I'm really looking for though until they do put out more items, or perhaps some new BM decals.

Thanks! It took a lot of luck with the few crates I did open and a few really good trades. I'm completely out of keys now though and I don't expect to make many until the next crate sets drop. The market for them is really dead at the moment. I can't think of much else I'm really looking for though until they do put out more items, or perhaps some new BM decals.

Yeah. I was at 4 keys after my spending spree. Now I'm just buying sunbursts at 4 and selling them at 5 making a key at a time. Trying to make my way back before the next crate drops.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I fell for it and bought 5 keys which I'll keep for the next crate.

Edit: c4 items are going to be worth a lot, right? That will be 4 crates in the mix making c4 even rarer then. How long until they start dropping the previous crates?

So apparently "crate farming" is a thing now.

ZAQvHNU.jpg

I played 2 games with this asshole. After every kickoff, his car would slowwwwly reverse and then stop (either against a wall or inside a goal). Two straight games, he had 0 points because he wasn't playing. This guy, and people like him, just put a rubber band on either the gas or reverse button on their controller (so they don't get kicked from the game for inactivity), and then I guess rack up crates and items. This of course means their team has to play a man down the entire game, but who cares as long as you get items while you sleep, right?

Really wish you could do more than just Report in game. Feels like nothing comes of that.

So apparently "crate farming" is a thing now.

ZAQvHNU.jpg

I played 2 games with this asshole. After every kickoff, his car would slowwwwly reverse and then stop (either against a wall or inside a goal). Two straight games, he had 0 points because he wasn't playing. This guy, and people like him, just put a rubber band on either the gas or reverse button on their controller (so they don't get kicked from the game for inactivity), and then I guess rack up crates and items. This of course means their team has to play a man down the entire game, but who cares as long as you get items while you sleep, right?

Really wish you could do more than just Report in game. Feels like nothing comes of that.

Play Ranked, I guess? Crate- and item-farming is the silliest thing, though.

BPK

Thanks for the reply! I had a look at items from C1 and C2 and only the looper (C1) and lightning (C2) wheels really interest me. What would I have to trade to get either of those?

Welp. I finally did it.

Uninstalled the game tonight. Played it nearly every day since it game out. Hundreds of hours. Loved every second of it.

Need to take a good long break, though. My backlog is building and I haven't touched another game in so long. Every time a new game comes out that I'm excited for, I play it for a day and go back to Rocket League. I was absolutely addicted.

I'll see you again someday Rocket League. Thanks for being like, the best game ever made. But it's time to play some new things for a while.

TheKeyPit

Banned
thats a good redirect.

Thanks. So far I didn't have that many chances to do redirects. This was just my second one; the first one being this one: http://imgur.com/z1Y55vq

Edit: Crap "Master" teammate was even more useless than a crate farmer. A bot would've been more productive than that guy. He basically did nothing useful. It's times like this when I wish that I had special rights in a game, like banning players from matchmaking.

Edit2: This will never get old. Winning 3 matches to go a division up and losing one to get immediately down again.

Welp. I finally did it.

Uninstalled the game tonight. Played it nearly every day since it game out. Hundreds of hours. Loved every second of it.

Need to take a good long break, though. My backlog is building and I haven't touched another game in so long. Every time a new game comes out that I'm excited for, I play it for a day and go back to Rocket League. I was absolutely addicted.

I'll see you again someday Rocket League. Thanks for being like, the best game ever made. But it's time to play some new things for a while.
See you tomorrow.

I'm at work and all I can do is think about playing Rocket League.

It's bad. Real bad.
Some nights I finish playing and am totally convinced I'm going to take a solid week or two break. "It's just too much, I've had enough," I tell myself. Then when I get home from work the next day I get the strangest itching sensation...

angelic

Banned
Finally hit my master rank from 1v1ing but goddamit these crates.

I use octane only (below), I need / want:

any season 1 or 2 animated, specific, or universal decals for it
trails/boosts - pixel fire, trinity blue triangley one, hypernova and dark matter

Can swap items, have ALL items of season 3 crates in multiples except the ultra rares, plenty of animated and normal decals like snakeskin etc. as well as season 1 and 2 stuff, crates, trails like lightning, hearts etc etc

psn tag Mr Popkins

Finally hit my master rank from 1v1ing but goddamit these crates.

I use octane only (below), I need / want:

any season 1 or 2 animated, specific, or universal decals for it
trails/boosts - pixel fire, trinity blue triangley one, hypernova and dark matter

Can swap items, have ALL items of season 3 crates in multiples except the ultra rares, plenty of animated and normal decals like snakeskin etc. as well as season 1 and 2 stuff, crates, trails like lightning, hearts etc etc

psn tag Mr Popkins

Fake PSN tag alert. This guy must be a scammer.

No but really, is it with an underscore or something? No spaces allowed on PSN ;)

angelic

Banned
Fake PSN tag alert. This guy must be a scammer.

No but really, is it with an underscore or something? No spaces allowed on PSN ;)

heh, thanks. I think it's just popkins actually.

Anyway i'm in DEEP need of trinity boost, pixel fire, and hypernova. I know the latter is a rare, but the pixel fire and trinitys are fairly common but I just can't get em.

Swap for some fancy wheels, animated skins, season 1 or 2 crates :)

heh, thanks. I think it's just popkins actually.

Anyway i'm in DEEP need of trinity boost, pixel fire, and hypernova. I know the latter is a rare, but the pixel fire and trinitys are fairly common but I just can't get em.

Swap for some fancy wheels, animated skins, season 1 or 2 crates :)

You can get all three of those for like 5 keys. Depending on the wheels you have it could be an easy trade. Decals aren't worth much unless they are black market.

angelic

Banned
You can get all three of those for like 5 keys. Depending on the wheels you have it could be an easy trade. Decals aren't worth much unless they are black market.

Where from? Also if I buy keys they'll be locked for trading for 6 days I think., but I'd trade my stuff or paypal.

Top Bottom