• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Another painted decal.
beac80475d8247bb947426bee0aab6a5.png

Unboxing.

That Octane CZR decal painted black with a white secondary would look amazing.

rafaelr

something´s off for sure...just check out a training that has some shots that roll/bounce around the wall, some off them will probably be different in some way..

Grinchy

Banned
The game is crashing my PC after the update. It's happened twice in a row. The screen just goes black.

Re-installing my GPU drivers seems to have fixed it

well air drags still work situationally, it's moreso messed up for crazy prereads and stuff, not every shot
hard to explain

Yeah it's weird. A portion of the time it all works fine but then I'll bump the ball out smooth and fast at the wall and it'll just kick off out of nowhere. It's really strange.

Reddit
The Hot Wheels patch we rolled out today had an incomplete version of the Goalpost Collision hotfix that was originally deployed in January. This is causing the altered ball bounces that have been reported since the patch's release this morning. We are deploying a server-side fix tonight at 11pm PST/2am EST/7am GMT that should correct the issue immediately in all online matches, restoring bounce to pre-Hot Wheels conditions. Regarding offline matches, we are deploying a Steam client fix right now, but console client fixes (for PS4 and Xbox One) will be delayed as we wait for testing and certification.

_Clash_

anyone up for a steam key trade for this?

have some comination of 2 x Magicka and 2x Torchlight steam keys for a trade. shoot me a pm

Unicorn

so TM3 was bat with diff turn radius.

Was Boner Shake a close comparison to masamune? trying to sell cards now to get the other HW car cheaper. TM3 is good, I just feel I'm too used to a slightly higher standing car. Also, Backfire my baby at release.

PatjuhR

Is there yet any way of opening crates without having to buy a key with real moneyz?

Only way is trading for a key right? If so, I'm willing to trade crates for keys, because I got way to many crates laying around. Curious to see whats inside, but I won't ever pay for that.

Love the comic book effect on that decal as well. When I use Heatwave, I often have black as the secondary outline color since it shows off a brighter primary color better and looks more like a comic book image. Plus I'm not a fan of the thicker lines on Heatwave on most of the cars (only because they often have too many lines), and black comes out thinner. If I'd rather have white as an outline color, my go to is Parallax.

Question on painted decals: are they all painted or do they come in default as well? If there are default-colored decals, what color is the parts of the decal that are permanently painted in the painted versions?

I think I'm actually done with this game now. I dunno what happened in last few days but all my time is spent in the menus now. In the last 2 days I've loaded into at least 100 games and finished maybe 3-4 since both teammates now quit on the first goal. Smurfing seems to be on the rise with most games consisting of 2 low level players doing air drags leaving me with actual low level players as backup. It's just not worth it. In the time it takes to find a game people want to finish now I could have made a decent chunk of progress in any other game.

Basically my choice is to play ranked but that gets stressful after a couple games, and I don't want to lose my blue rank just as the season comes to a close.

Since the wall physics were funky last night, I only played casual. The games were surprisingly tight and competitive (the ones I started--the ones I spawned into were mostly lopsided as usual). I've been playing exclusively ranked the last few months, so I was pleasantly surprised.

By the way, I'm sure you already know, but you get season rewards based on your highest achieved rank/tier during the season, not what you end on. Plus, they're going to have more ranks next season with a soft reset. So if you're in Rising Star now, there's no guarantee you'll start at the beginning of an arguably comparable tier next season. Everyone's probably going to have do some grinding to get where they want to be when the new season starts.

Since the wall physics were funky last night, I only played casual. The games were surprisingly tight and competitive (the ones I started--the ones I spawned into were mostly lopsided as usual). I've been playing exclusively ranked the last few months, so I was pleasantly surprised.

By the way, I'm sure you already know, but you get season rewards based on your highest achieved rank/tier during the season, not what you end on. Plus, they're going to have more ranks next season with a soft reset. So if you're in Rising Star now, there's no guarantee you'll start at the beginning of an arguably comparable tier next season. Everyone's probably going to have do some grinding to get where they want to be when the new season starts.

Actually didn't know that but that's pretty cool. I might just play some ranked and ignore whether I'm going up or down then. I'm fine losing my rank and having to grind back for the new season anyway. I dunno just the type of matches I was getting in casual was a stream of awfulness. Mostly pro and semi-pro which I seldom see anymore. Considering a bit of a break until the new season anyway though since I just haven't enjoyed it the last few days.

Actually didn't know that but that's pretty cool. I might just play some ranked and ignore whether I'm going up or down then. I'm fine losing my rank and having to grind back for the new season anyway. I dunno just the type of matches I was getting in casual was a stream of awfulness. Mostly pro and semi-pro which I seldom see anymore. Considering a bit of a break until the new season anyway though since I just haven't enjoyed it the last few days.
Rocket League for me is like this, I have a really bad night, convince myself I need a break of at least a week or two, then start playing again a couple days later.

I CAN QUIT WHENEVER I WANT

Rocket League for me is like this, I have a really bad night, convince myself I need a break of at least a week or two, then start playing again a couple days later.

I CAN QUIT WHENEVER I WANT

I agree, but I do have the occasional phase of not playing for a week or two. However I will during that period play a game or two at the end of the night while the OH is using the TV. That's generally my idea of taking a break.

ChrisD

Brother in-law comes over
Turns on (OG, all we have) PS4 to play RL
I join
Press RL icon

Game loads in
I audibly shout "IT'S 60 FPS NOW" while grinning and laugh like a kid in a candy store as I just spin the main menu around.

I forgot about reading that was coming!

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL
EVEN IN-GAME IS SO SMOOTH NOW

....The in-law just stared at me puzzled, and asked what I was so happy about lol.

PS4 pro here. This update fucked shit up for me. I'm noticing a constant but minor judder in gameplay as well as wacky ball physics. But hey at least the main menu is smoother now lol.

Guess I'll just wait for them to iron out the kinks.

T-0800

PS4 pro here. This update fucked shit up for me. I'm noticing a constant but minor judder in gameplay as well as wacky ball physics. But hey at least the main menu is smoother now lol.

Guess I'll just wait for them to iron out the kinks.

That's weird as the frame rate for me now is silky smooth. Pro at 1080p here.

Unicorn

I fucking blow at this game now. Not even Twin Mill could save me.

50 cents in cards away from trying Boner Shake, but I suspect I'm just a crunchy turd of a player now.

EDIT:
Bone Shaker is definitely more my jam.

I wish the decals were better though. There's like 2 skull decals where my unicorn horn looks dorky because it either stick out like a nose or mouth of the roof skulls. Also the lack of a more classic hot rod with flames is disappointing. The color tone just ain't right. Also, I'd love painted versions or chrome version of the Bone Shaker wheels.

Where's my fuckin' BttF trail Psyonix?! Been waiting for over a year now...

Nothus

I forgot just how frustrating the crate drop frequency was in this game. Must have played over 25 games now and got absolutely nothing.

Patch Notes
Fixed an issue with the ball collision code, changing it back to pre-v1.29 (Hot Wheels update) conditions in all Offline matches, and Free Play
This update has already been pushed out to our servers for Online matches
Toppers (Cavalier, Mohawk, Pixelated Shades) now correctly display on all Battle-Cars
Fixed an issue with Twin Mill III engine audio not following the Battle-Car

Unicorn

man, the steam trading forum is fucking disgusting. I thought it was bad before, but holy shit. It's unusable due to ridiculous "offers" or constant counter offers that will literally make you laugh out loud.

man, the steam trading forum is fucking disgusting. I thought it was bad before, but holy shit. It's unusable due to ridiculous "offers" or constant counter offers that will literally make you laugh out loud.

In my attempt to get White Zombas back I met so many rude assholes. It was very frustrating.

Psyonix is too awesome.

Via Reddit
Gentleman. The prophecy has been fulfilled. I have amassed an army of ONE THOUSAND PIGEONS. What do I have to do to get my very own special pigeon?! A Striker gold one? A Striker diamond one? A Striker crimson one perhaps? PSXONIX I have put in more effort and time in this than anyone else in the world. Please consider credit where credit is due.

Hey /u/Johnz12321, check your in-game titles under Car Customization when you have a moment.
And for anyone else asking: This a one-time event. We aren't giving custom titles to anyone else who collects 500, 1000, 10000, etc. of anything.

Unicorn

Motherfucker. I knew he had a motive. Also, poor cockroach guy was probably planning the same but now he'll never get the recognition of being the roach king like pigeon man

Top Bottom