• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Some buying and mostly trading.

Nice! You must have been doing some pretty good trades! I've gotten real lazy on that front after getting the four main sets of lightning wheels I was after, other than crimson and it's bullshit prices. Since then I've just been doing straight swaps of crates for painted Chakram's etc. I'm kind of tempted to go for a full set of FSL's now too since I really like the way colors like purple show up on those but I've been out of the loop for so long I've no idea what their rates are.

I should probably get on it soon if I'm going to though since CC4 is going to drop in popularity sooner or later.

Nice! You must have been doing some pretty good trades! I've gotten real lazy on that front after getting the four main sets of lightning wheels I was after, other than crimson and it's bullshit prices. Since then I've just been doing straight swaps of crates for painted Chakram's etc. I'm kind of tempted to go for a full set of FSL's now too since I really like the way colors like purple show up on those but I've been out of the loop for so long I've no idea what their rates are.

I should probably get on it soon if I'm going to though since CC4 is going to drop in popularity sooner or later.

Price list.

It's pretty accurate and what most people go buy when selling/buying.

I'd caution people to be wary when using price lists like that spreadsheet. Especially for more expensive items. You can use it to get a general idea of what something might be going for, but I always recommend just searching the market exchange sub to find recent sales. You might also see price checks and discussions regarding the item you're looking for. Good luck!

Thanks! To be honest I always look for a good deal when I can rather than paying going rate anyway. Gonna have to keep my eyes out for deals on the purple FSL I think. Might go for cobalt and orange too since I've not got many choices on that front. Considering getting rid of my Tunica collection as well so maybe that could pay towards some.

Ballistik

So I stopped playing as much for a few months and now that I'm trying to enjoy this game again, I'm getting demolished game after game. It's no fun... even just playing unranked it's embarrassing. I had worked my way up to rising star in each playlist but I'll be honest with myself that I am definitely undeserving now. I need that new season to rescue me from this pit I dug myself in.

VeeP

Yo guys, I was recently on the my games section on Xbox One, and I saw Rocket League there. I went on Xbox.com and apparently I own this game? But I have no record of buying it (I already have it on my PS4)? Was it a Games with Gold Game or something?

Yo guys, I was recently on the my games section on Xbox One, and I saw Rocket League there. I went on Xbox.com and apparently I own this game? But I have no record of buying it (I already have it on my PS4)? Was it a Games with Gold Game or something?

Free weekend.

Also RLCS trailers are hype.

Trailer

rafaelr

Sure would be nice if this solved my input lag issues somehow. Some days it feels great, others I may as well be driving through mud. Oh well, nothing stops the addiction.

it sounds promising at least.
re. lag spikes:
Some of these instances are definitely tied to playing on virtual servers vs dedicated. By adding more dedicated servers, we are hoping to mitigate the problem.
The servers we are adding are effectively replacing some of the virtual servers we spin up when demand is high. With more dedicated server hardware in place, the overall online play experience should be improved. (But it's still dependent on your Internet connection, and your location.)

Free weekend.

Also RLCS trailers are hype.

Trailer

I've actually started to wonder if the game is leaning too heavily towards the RLCS stuff recently to be honest. Don't get me wrong it's good that the Esports scene is still going for it, but I was thinking the other day that we're at a point now where the low level players like us are paying Kro, Kux etc in effect via the crates. Probably just because there's not been a major content drop in a while but it does sometimes feel like the elite few take priority over the entire rest of the playerbase.

Pepiope

I've actually started to wonder if the game is leaning too heavily towards the RLCS stuff recently to be honest. Don't get me wrong it's good that the Esports scene is still going for it, but I was thinking the other day that we're at a point now where the low level players like us are paying Kro, Kux etc in effect via the crates. Probably just because there's not been a major content drop in a while but it does sometimes feel like the elite few take priority over the entire rest of the playerbase.
The crates were always meant to help expand the esports scene, but the devs have been making improvements to the game for everyone and accepting a lot of community feedback in the process, so I'm not entirely sure what you'd want them to do.

Crates help fund RLCS but they also help fund the game development. We all benefit from them.

Soulflarz

Banned
tbf elite taking priority is where all esport scenes go, else games die.

If you don't have a high skill ceiling that people can look up to, you really lose too much of your game, imo?

Also there's no real incentive to improve without a cash scene, and this isn't smash, if the devs don't provide it, rip people putting 10hr a day.

Yeah you're right, it's probably just not been a good week on the game for me. I am getting kinda eager for the next big content drop, but the servers have been really all over the place when I try to play recently with wait times being pretty variable and sometimes just failing to connect to the servers and AI never being replaced. Prior to that post I'd just sat 30 mins waiting for a duel match so I'm probably just getting pissed at the servers. I'm sure it's not their fault but I've not seen it so bad in a very long time.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm just working on improving rip
I could probably be sc or loow gc in 1s if I stopped playing optimally (ie, just play their mistakes cause pre gc can't flick consistently so grind rank) but I'm trying to learn instead
fell back to superstar, learned double touches off bounces. Gonna try and learn rollers->rebounds consistently, I drop it way too much still and it's a free goal on me instead of them every time, which really bothers me >_>

edit: by optimally I mean "this is a free goal if I was good enough to do it consistently" but I know that's invalid because I have no excuse not to learn these methods.

AlexIIDX

Fuck anyone who quits after 1 or 2 goals, its enough of a grind to rank up and I have to solo queue with these fucking baby pieces of shit.

dickroach

using the free xbox weekend to feel good about myself :\
MVPing Challenger II doubles games as a 'rookie'

edit: xbox people are weak. I'm about to hit Challenger Elite. never been above Challenger II.

So I stopped playing as much for a few months and now that I'm trying to enjoy this game again, I'm getting demolished game after game. It's no fun... even just playing unranked it's embarrassing. I had worked my way up to rising star in each playlist but I'll be honest with myself that I am definitely undeserving now. I need that new season to rescue me from this pit I dug myself in.

Next season is still a long way off and you will get even rustier if you wait to play. Try not to focus on the bad losses right now. Most people are gonna lose a lot after long layoff / not playing much so just try to play your best and have fun :)

Fuck anyone who quits after 1 or 2 goals, its enough of a grind to rank up and I have to solo queue with these fucking baby pieces of shit.

This free weekend of RL was unexpected for me. Hadn't played since the last time they had a free weekend. Picked up and have been schooling pros and vets (semi pro myself)
I'm surprised I was able to pick up my skill where I left off.

With that, I never did ranked last time so I gave it a go. Won 8 of 10 games where one team mate quit after being down 0-2.

Wtf am I supposed to do? It really sucks but I think it should give the other team credit for the win but not give them a rank win...But then people will take advantage of that. Really sucks though.

AlexIIDX

This free weekend of RL was unexpected for me. Hadn't played since the last time they had a free weekend. Picked up and have been schooling pros and vets (semi pro myself)
I'm surprised I was able to pick up my skill where I left off.

With that, I never did ranked last time so I gave it a go. Won 8 of 10 games where one team mate quit after being down 0-2.

Wtf am I supposed to do? It really sucks but I think it should give the other team credit for the win but not give them a rank win...But then people will take advantage of that. Really sucks though.

I just wish it wouldn't count against the losing team. When you have to play down a player or two and then still derank, its bullshit....Or at least let me quit without getting a 15 minute ban.

Hasney

I just wish it wouldn't count against the losing team. When you have to play down a player or two and then still derank, its bullshit....Or at least let me quit without getting a 15 minute ban.

If someone on your team quits first, you can quit without penalty.

The derank is harder as it would encourage people to troll their own team and try and make someone quit.

Could really use a 2s partner. Solo que is such an up and down ride and im stuck in a rut.

I can probably do a bit of 2s later if you want. I never play 2s and I'm unranked on there so it should just put us with people at whatever rank you're at I think. I've not played yet today though so could be doing good or awful.

Won't be able to do voice chat though and will have to break eventually since friends are round tonight.

If someone on your team quits first, you can quit without penalty.

The derank is harder as it would encourage people to troll their own team and try and make someone quit.

Good tip, didn't know that.

I tried out Rumble for the first time. What chaotic fun that is. They should remove spikes and add turtle shells like Mario kart :)

Malalaw

I can probably do a bit of 2s later if you want. I never play 2s and I'm unranked on there so it should just put us with people at whatever rank you're at I think. I've not played yet today though so could be doing good or awful.

Won't be able to do voice chat though and will have to break eventually since friends are round tonight.

I'd be down to play some 2s for a bit in a little while.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Matchmaking is a joke today. Opposing teams with a Super Champ + blablabla + a Challenger Elite. I'm (at Superstar) getting matched with Rising Star and Shooting Star while the opposing team is full of Superstars. I'm on a losing streak right now because of this crap and it keeps dragging me deeper. One more loss and I'm out.

TheKeyPit

Banned
fwiw you lose a LOT less in that case
So what? I'm still losing and going down more and more.

Edit: This game's no longer fun for me. As soon as I reached the Superstar rank on my own in Standard it got frustrating. I went up with good teammates, I went down with bad teammates. Up down up down up down. As I've said in a recent post: I can't and I probably won't play this without a proper team anymore.

Well that largely wasn't camera related XP
buuut

110 FOV
260 distance
100 height
-4 angle
.8 stiffness
4.00 swivel

True, but the camera looked pretty close to what I used to have before accidentally messing with my settings, which seemed to mess with my ability to play better and win games :p I'm gonna have to try these out. Thank you.

Soulflarz

Banned
True, but the camera looked pretty close to what I used to have before accidentally messing with my settings, which seemed to mess with my ability to play better and win games :p I'm gonna have to try these out. Thank you.

ayy, fair enough. I can't change my angle anymore, -4 or -3 is about it for me :x

Noaloha

I can't connect to matchmaking servers (EU). Anyone else?

edit: since the playlist has dropped from 31k to 12k in the last 10 minutes I'm gonna assume something is indeed broke.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Been a crap night for me. Game froze earlier and I had to reset and got banned. Now the server's are down. Not a great advert for free weekend.

Came to ask if I'm alone in having troubles or if the servers have shit the bed. I haven't played in awhile and I have a friend I've been trying to get try the game forever but he doesn't spend money on games often and is reluctant to drop $20 on something he may not like.

Seemed like a great opportunity to get back into it. Oh well.

Came to ask if I'm alone in having troubles or if the servers have shit the bed. I haven't played in awhile and I have a friend I've been trying to get try the game forever but he doesn't spend money on games often and is reluctant to drop $20 on something he may not like.

Seemed like a great opportunity to get back into it. Oh well.

Via Twitter
‏@RocketLeague 56 minutes ago
Servers are now recovered in most regions, with SAM servers coming online shortly. Thank you for your patience during the extended downtime.

TheKeyPit

Banned
"A Series of Unfortunate Events" is the perfect title for my last 2v2 match.

Edit: lol
I'm sick of this crap. Div 3 in Standard against Superstars and after two wins: nothing
One loss against a Champ with his two All-Star teammates and I'm down to Div 2.

No no no no no no. Not anymore! Bye for another week.

I go back and forth between All-Star and Superstar in all modes. It can be frustrating, but that is a good indication of my skill-level. I am just not good enough for Champs yet. I get absolutely destroyed at times; especially in tournaments. You certainly learn where your weaknesses are.

Top Bottom