• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

"A Series of Unfortunate Events" is the perfect title for my last 2v2 match.

Edit: lol
I'm sick of this crap. Div 3 in Standard against Superstars and after two wins: nothing
One loss against a Champ with his two All-Star teammates and I'm down to Div 2.

No no no no no no. Not anymore! Bye for another week.

Yeah that's one of the main reasons I can never do ranked for too long. I've adapted a rule of quitting on my first loss and going to player matches since it can turn ugly real fast. It's very easy to lose ranks considering how hard it can be to gain them.

Makeda

It amazes me that people who have been playing for so long still are unable to see the 'region' checkbox when selecting sevrers.

Typed 'select local severs" so much that it's an automatic suggestion on my PS4's chat menu

Soulflarz

Banned
for the champs trying to get to gc
or the challengers getting to blues

or gcs trying to get to esl

or

you get the idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDf1VG-cVU 3m40s-10mish

watch this. From a few min to 10ish, squishy talks about the right mindset. This is the mindset mccluvin shouted at me for days straight, and is why when I focused on improving (which I haven't done in 3 weeks cause school rippp) I went from low low champ to "wow low gc plays like that?" from dec 31st to ~jan 18th or so.

Seriously, this helps a ton if you're willing to do it.

No, it's not a magic 'get good' button, but it's essential to getting better.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'll save y'all 6 mins:

Be patient
Play safe
Watch your replays to see why you got scored on and how to fix in the future.
It's just the last point, the other two are there because you dunno your solo standard/2s teammate and it adds a bit of risk.

I mean I've done a write up on it before, other have too, but people still fall back on "wow my teammates are the problem" mentality.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'll save y'all 6 mins:

Be patient
Play safe
Watch your replays to see why you got scored on and how to fix in the future.
Teammates fucked up. No fixing.

It's just the last point, the other two are there because you dunno your solo standard/2s teammate and it adds a bit of risk.

I mean I've done a write up on it before, other have too, but people still fall back on "wow my teammates are the problem" mentality.
They are the problem ~90% of the time.

;)

Soulflarz

Banned
If you aren't a pro you're messing up often enough that you're part of the problem and you can work on that. If 3 people in the match are messing up and you aren't, you're going to express clear your rank playing off the opponents mistakes as a team as yours messes up a ton less!

That's the idea at least- it's why people can express clear to gc nowadays with little teachskill >_>

I mean feel free to send a replay but rip idk I just want everyone to improve.
Teammates at times are the problem but you can sure as hell learn enough from how you play to win enough that you don't need to care.

If your teammates suck and you lose you are still part of the problem. You have to adjust playstyle, which almost always is playing more defensively BUT sometimes you will get teammates who are too passive and need to trust them to defend and take charge offensively.

But sad fact is even if you adjust playstyle and do everything right on your end (of course knowing you can still do better) you are still going to lose 1 out of every 3 games. No one just gets to GC in solo standard. It takes a shit ton of games to rank up. There is a reason it is the hardest playlist.

GoaThief

Teammates fucked up. No fixing.

They are the problem ~90% of the time.

;)
Wrong.

Ask yourself what you could have done to prevent the situation. Did you put the ball in the wrong place, could you have changed your position before or after, did you see the opposition team's position, could you have read it? Etc.

Sometimes there isn't a lot you can do, most of the time you can however. :)

Grinchy

Banned
"My mistakes are advanced mistakes and his mistakes are rookie mistakes. I had better start bitching him out in chat so we win this game!"

the hard part is figuring out what your mistakes are imo

My biggest faults. When I zone out i tend to ball chase, I use way too much turbo and always whiff or am out when I need it, I am very indecisive when the ball is coming at me so I tend to go for it too late giving the opposition an uncontested shot and I don't always double jump boost when going for aerials.

All absolutely terrible habits that keep me from going to the next level. It's basically all tied to my lack of concentration.

the hard part is figuring out what your mistakes are imo

Yeah this. I'm sure I'm still making plenty but they're so freaking hard to identify when it's habitual. Even the ones I've managed to rid myself of I'd never even notice until a teammate did it and I'd think to myself 'damn that's a bad play I was making'.

Who's hyped for the new cars anyway? I was practicing with the batmobile for the last couple days so I'm ready for the twin mill. I just hope I can keep up the success with it since just like Dominus, it's a car where I can have awful days with it and have to revert to Octane.

Yeah this. I'm sure I'm still making plenty but they're so freaking hard to identify when it's habitual. Even the ones I've managed to rid myself of I'd never even notice until a teammate did it and I'd think to myself 'damn that's a bad play I was making'.

Who's hyped for the new cars anyway? I was practicing with the batmobile for the last couple days so I'm ready for the twin mill. I just hope I can keep up the success with it since just like Dominus, it's a car where I can have awful days with it and have to revert to Octane.

Absolutely love the batmobile now. Never gave it a chance because you can't customize it but I am a complete convert. I can see where it is limited in the ground game and 50/50 vs the Octane but these type of cars honestly fit my playstyle better. I love how big it feels in the air and I tend to be more accurate with my shots from the front as well.

I managed to get to 80 keys and I'm looking to buy back my White Zombas when they drop a little. Really curious to see how BM decals will look on this car.

Pepiope

Absolutely love the batmobile now. Never gave it a chance because you can't customize it but I am a complete convert. I can see where it is limited in the ground game and 50/50 vs the Octane but these type of cars honestly fit my playstyle better. I love how big it feels in the air and I tend to be more accurate with my shots from the front as well.

I managed to get to 80 keys and I'm looking to buy back my White Zombas when they drop a little. Really curious to see how BM decals will look on this car.
Watching kuxir play with the bat, it seems like if you flip your car forward on a 50/50 or contest, you can do a pretty good job beating those octane plebs

Watching kuxir play with the bat, it seems like if you flip your car forward on a 50/50 or contest, you can do a pretty good job beating those octane plebs

Yeah I was experimenting with that. It might be my fav car for kickoff. I don't have the pro technique down yet so I find it easier than Octane and rely on it more for the rebound. It's a monster for side on interference too since the dimensions make it pretty easy to deflect it straight over them.

I actually find the air a bit wierd with it. Like it's a big car and you can feel it immediately but I'm either pinpoint accurate with the nose or whiff in everything by millimetres. I'll either do great or awful.

I'm way behind on the keys now. Trying to just be satisfied with my BM's and Lightning wheel choices since I can't really sink any more cash into it right now. Luckily there's nothing really grabbing me, but if we end up with a BM with an effect like the underside of Rosalina's dress then the wallet is coming out.

I'm way behind on the keys now. Trying to just be satisfied with my BM's and Lightning wheel choices since I can't really sink any more cash into it right now. Luckily there's nothing really grabbing me, but if we end up with a BM with an effect like the underside of Rosalina's dress then the wallet is coming out.

I had sold everything I had in order to get zombas for 50 because i was afraid they would climb out of reach. Many traders expect them to come down significantly with the players choice crate so i sold them for the most i could then bought another 20 worth of keys since i got a bunch of free money selling h1z1 stuff.

I had sold everything I had in order to get zombas for 50 because i was afraid they would climb out of reach. Many traders expect them to come down significantly with the players choice crate so i sold them for the most i could then bought another 20 worth of keys since i got a bunch of free money selling h1z1 stuff.

Ah I've always been too worried to sell my collection. I debated getting rid of my lightning wheels prior to players choice but I don't want to deal the hassle of getting them back again. I'd say hopefully this brings the price of crimson lightning down but realistically we already had a pretty good method to get them even when they were at full price

Ah I've always been too worried to sell my collection. I debated getting rid of my lightning wheels prior to players choice but I don't want to deal the hassle of getting them back again. I'd say hopefully this brings the price of crimson lightning down but realistically we already had a pretty good method to get them even when they were at full price

Only reason I sold them is because they were the only thing I has at all. I gave everything for them keys included. So if they went down it would have hurt. I have enough keys for them and whatever BM decal I want now so i'm gonna be a little patient and see if they do drop at all. If not I'll just buy them back again. Not 100% sure I will use a BM decal anyway since i tend not to like them much but we'll see how they look on the new cars.

Unicorn

Oh shit hot wheels drop tomorrow!

I was at the store yesterday and went to the toy section to look for the RL hot wheels. Are those actually a thing, or was it only for the trailer of the DLC?

Oh shit hot wheels drop tomorrow!

I was at the store yesterday and went to the toy section to look for the RL hot wheels. Are those actually a thing, or was it only for the trailer of the DLC?

In toy form and real world.

latest

7452011786_5e2f50c483_c.jpg

Unicorn

In toy form and real world.

But the DLC vid and the in-game is Twin Mill III - triangular headers on the engines.

A bit of google-ing and doesn't appear it will have Rocket League packaging, just picking those 2 cars as they are iconic - which I knew, but figured there was going to be a RL branded version with maybe one of the decals in-game applied to the real life toy.
In-game is slightly different styling and I would totally be down to buy that version if it ever printed as an actual Hot Wheels.

Wrong.

Ask yourself what you could have done to prevent the situation. Did you put the ball in the wrong place, could you have changed your position before or after, did you see the opposition team's position, could you have read it? Etc.

Sometimes there isn't a lot you can do, most of the time you can however. :)
My teammate steals my play to whack the ball into the side wall instead of the open goal I pushed it at.

What could I have done to prevent this? Hmm. Called him shit and quit match?

Soulflarz

Banned
My teammate steals my play to whack the ball into the side wall instead of the open goal I pushed it at.

What could I have done to prevent this? Hmm. Called him shit and quit match?

git gud

post the entire match with context and we'll tell you, matter of fact- complaining that you're not better than you are isn't the solution, nor is failing to read your teammates potentially superior play.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I suck at this game. Psyonix should just give me like a 2 goal handicap when I play ranked.
Psyonix should fix their game, because I can't play it online.

Edit:
@Soulflarz: Let me upload a replay from ~three months ago where my team lost because of me. That one was planned for Gibbs, but his Patreon analysis was always sold out.

Maybe it's just me but the twin mill feels nothing like the batmobile to me, maybe more like the paladin or masamune. It feels really narrow by comparison and maybe even a little taller. Really not sure if I like this one at all actually

Soulflarz

Banned
LOVIN THE TWIN MILL, uploading my best first 30m with it shot

Psyonix should fix their game, because I can't play it online.

Edit:
@Soulflarz: Let me upload a replay from ~three months ago where my team lost because of me. That one was planned for Gibbs, but his Patreon analysis was always sold out.

go for it :D

Top Bottom