• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Surf Rock Song Pack – $7.99

Dick Dale and His Del-Tones “Misirlou” (No Rhythm)
The Surfaris “Wipe Out”
The Ventures “Walk Don’t Run”

Do I need to buy the original Rocksmith as well as the license transfer tool to be able to buy and use Rocksmith 1 DLC in 2014? Really don't want to have to use the rest of my Steam sale funding on this, but if that's how it works I might as well do it now before it's way more expensive when I desperately want it.

Do I need to buy the original Rocksmith as well as the license transfer tool to be able to buy and use Rocksmith 1 DLC in 2014? Really don't want to have to use the rest of my Steam sale funding on this, but if that's how it works I might as well do it now before it's way more expensive when I desperately want it.

No, you don't need the transfer tool to play RS1 DLC. It's just for the base song export of RS1 -> 2014

After years of bugging my wife to buy and let me learn drums (which will NEVER happen lol) then these last 2 years bugging her to learn guitar I recieved Rocksmith and, according to reviews, a crappy Chinese made guitar (Maestro by Fender :/) as a late fathers day gift.

So I'm about 10 days in.

So far here is what I'm doing..
Played Lesson mode up to about Slides...
Went to Justinguitar and got up to learning the first 3 "easy" chords..
Playing Rocksmith song list starting with first recommended and stopping usually about 10 songs in (play about 45 min a day)
Repeatedly playing D, A, E chord and trying to switch to them faster, cleaner, more fluidly for the next 2 weeks.
Also muscle memory teaching my self "Palm off the neck!"

I figure once I can grab the guitar and fly through thr D, A, E chord without looking down or flubbing it the I can progress farther into game and Justin lessons.

Only issues I have with the game are when the tracks are very easy you can find your self playing solely with your index finger. Also when you do "ok" on a track and prepare to try it again thd game bumps up sometimes to a difficulty your not yet prepped for, where instead playing it repeatedly a tad easier before it throws chords you never seen would help more.

ZkzpBln.jpg

Good info but I wish they'd tell us who won't play ball, so we could bug the artist instead. :)

My longshot request would be for an Oingo Boingo pack:

Little Girls
Only a Lad
Grey Matter

valeo

After years of bugging my wife to buy and let me learn drums (which will NEVER happen lol) then these last 2 years bugging her to learn guitar I recieved Rocksmith and, according to reviews, a crappy Chinese made guitar (Maestro by Fender :/) as a late fathers day gift.

So I'm about 10 days in.

So far here is what I'm doing..
Played Lesson mode up to about Slides...
Went to Justinguitar and got up to learning the first 3 "easy" chords..
Playing Rocksmith song list starting with first recommended and stopping usually about 10 songs in (play about 45 min a day)
Repeatedly playing D, A, E chord and trying to switch to them faster, cleaner, more fluidly for the next 2 weeks.
Also muscle memory teaching my self "Palm off the neck!"

I figure once I can grab the guitar and fly through thr D, A, E chord without looking down or flubbing it the I can progress farther into game and Justin lessons.

Only issues I have with the game are when the tracks are very easy you can find your self playing solely with your index finger. Also when you do "ok" on a track and prepare to try it again thd game bumps up sometimes to a difficulty your not yet prepped for, where instead playing it repeatedly a tad easier before it throws chords you never seen would help more.

If you keep that up for a few months, you will definitely see huge progress. Good luck mate.

p.s.why do you need your wifes permission to learn something?

Xyber

p.s.why do you need your wifes permission to learn something?

I can see why she would not like to hear him play the drums very badly every day, it is a very noisy instrument. :p So if you don't have a garage or whatever it's a very reasonable thing to not want to have in your house.

I know some people had an issue with this

Today I used my Logitech G930 with Rocksmith 2014 today for the first time. I figured I would let you guys know how I did it. I'm using Windows 7. Not sure how to do it using Windows 8, sorry. * Right click on your speaker icon on your taskbar. * Go to 'Playback devices' * Right click on your headset and click 'configure speakers' * Hit next when a box pops up. * Uncheck the boxes that say 'center', 'subwoofer', 'side pair', 'rear pair' Hit next again then hit finish and you're done! Just start up Rocksmith and you're good to go! Hope this helps everyone. edit: formatting

Billy Talent Song Pack – $11.99

Billy Talent “Devil in a Midnight Mass” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Fallen Leaves” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Red Flag” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Try Honesty” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Viking Death March” (Drop D / No Rhythm)

Billy Talent Song Pack – $11.99

Billy Talent “Devil in a Midnight Mass” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Fallen Leaves” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Red Flag” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Try Honesty” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
Billy Talent “Viking Death March” (Drop D / No Rhythm)

This band is just awful.

The Libertines Song Pack – $7.99

The Libertines “Can’t Stand Me Now”
The Libertines “Don’t Look Back into the Sun”
The Libertines “What Katie Did”

Deftones Song Pack – $9.99

* Deftones “Change (In The House Of Flies)” (Drop C)
* Deftones “Digital Bath” (Drop C)
* Deftones “Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)” (Eb Drop Db)
* Deftones “Hole In The Earth” (Drop D)

Been watching the Rocksmith stream that last few weeks, well worth watching and not only because I won some Ernie Ball stuff!

Also, I now realise that Toymachine is Toymachine on the twitch channel too, which makes sense. Hi!

XShagrath

Congrats on winning the Ernie Ball swag. I've been enjoying their streams quite a bit. They're a lot better than the old Rock Band ones that HMX used to put on back in the day.

I was the one who asked the question about alt-strumming chords. Got some good tips for practicing that stuff.

Yeah that was a good question, but I thought it was more about the in-game tracking and detection of it, as sometimes it just sounds horrible no matter what you do.

They're pretty good to be fair, you see new DLC content played so you can hear the tones and see the note transcript in use. They also answer questions on development and bugs, and how best to do certain techniques (or what works best for Rocksmith).

I'd like to see some Racer X songs in Rocksmith, or any Hair Metal bands from the 80s tbh - Rat, WASP, Poison, Cinderella, etc.

Also, I don't get the disdain I see on the internet towards EU and UK bands... what's up with that. Led Zepplain, Ozzy, Muse, Queen, Cream, Status Quo, Oasis, Blur, Stone Roses, etc not good enough for Rocksmith fans?

I'd like to see some Racer X songs in Rocksmith, or any Hair Metal bands from the 80s tbh - Rat, WASP, Poison, Cinderella, etc.

Also, I don't get the disdain I see on the internet towards EU and UK bands... what's up with that. Led Zepplain, Ozzy, Muse, Queen, Cream, Status Quo, Oasis, Blur, Stone Roses, etc not good enough for Rocksmith fans?

Xenophobia

Rupert Holmes - Escape
Doobie Brothers - China Grove
Toto - Hold the Line
Hall & Oats - Kiss on my List
Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'

next week's DLC (Singles)

Rupert Holmes - Escape
Doobie Brothers - China Grove
Toto - Hold the Line
Hall & Oats - Kiss on my List
Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'

next week's DLC (Singles)

Well, seems like a whole bunch of weird gets. But honestly I'd rather get stuff like this than a lot of the more modern stuff. Rather it be "You Make My Dreams Come True" from Hall & Oates though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, I have discovered that not playing for three months really wrecks you... is there anyway to reset all the difficulties of a song?

Also, one of the reasons I went back is because I finally bought Wonderwall... and it requires something called a Capo? I don't mind buying one, but what is it and which one should I get?

Top Bottom