• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

You guys already knew this of course, but holy macaroni the difference between Original and 2014 is like night and day, the menu speed makes playing more songs and different song so much more fun! And the fact that I can trick the game into increasing dificulty is also awesome, finally able to shred on my level from the beginning instead of having to wait on the game to catch up to my awesomeness.

I'm in love, again.

fred

Yup, it's fantastic. But the biggest difference for me personally has to be Session Mode. All I need for the next version is to be able to play different time signatures in Session Mode and I'll be a very happy bunny indeed.

Going to be interesting to see what Ubisoft have planned for Rocksmith at this year's E3. It's too early to see Rocksmith 2015 but I think we're going to see Expansion Packs such as BluesSmith and MetalSmith which will incorporate new lessons and of course new songs from those genres of music.

Yup, it's fantastic. But the biggest difference for me personally has to be Session Mode. All I need for the next version is to be able to play different time signatures in Session Mode and I'll be a very happy bunny indeed.
Still need to try it out, but it sounds most awesome indeed.

Going to be interesting to see what Ubisoft have planned for Rocksmith at this year's E3. It's too early to see Rocksmith 2015 but I think we're going to see Expansion Packs such as BluesSmith and MetalSmith which will incorporate new lessons and of course new songs from those genres of music.
Thing is, DLC won't make as much money as sequel, even if they also make the expansion packs available in disk-form...

The Llama

I just picked up Rocksmith 2014 for PC/Mac and holy crap this is awesome. I tent to play guitar for a few months then put it away for a long time before picking it up again, but I think this is gonna keep me hooked. My biggest problem so far is its gonna take me a long time to memorize which color is which string haha.

fred

Still need to try it out, but it sounds most awesome indeed.

Thing is, DLC won't make as much money as sequel, even if they also make the expansion packs available in disk-form...

Yup, but it would also be a great deal cheaper to produce than a sequel too.

Alter Bridge Song Pack – $9.99

Alter Bridge “Blackbird” (Eb Standard / Eb Drop Db [Rhythm/Bass])
Alter Bridge “Isolation” (Drop C)
Alter Bridge “Rise Today” (Drop D)
Alter Bridge “Ties That Bind” (D Standard)

Alter Bridge Song Pack – $9.99

Alter Bridge “Blackbird” (Eb Standard / Eb Drop Db [Rhythm/Bass])
Alter Bridge “Isolation” (Drop C)
Alter Bridge “Rise Today” (Drop D)
Alter Bridge “Ties That Bind” (D Standard)

Nice we've got some Alter Bridge, but not the best song selection for me (with the crazy tunings), but still nice to see them get a pack!

Barmaley

Neo Member

1982197-wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

Rocksmith 2014 dlc has been such a letdown for me so far. I hope that ratm dlc turns out to be real.

fred

So this game is the real deal huh? Would like this to be one of my mini projects this summer.

Yup, it's excellent. But your best bet would be to combine this with other lessons such as those found on justinguitar.com.

And I'd also recommend you get the PC version because then you can play the 3,686(!) custom songs available. There's just about everything you can think of available and more songs get added every day.

Yup, it's excellent. But your best bet would be to combine this with other lessons such as those found on justinguitar.com.

And I'd also recommend you get the PC version because then you can play the 3,686(!) custom songs available. There's just about everything you can think of available and more songs get added every day.

I've got both Rocksmiths on the 360 but have a question for PC users. While I've never noticed the lag issues when I've played (which, admittedly, is way less than I would like to have) does the PC version have the same concerns?

Also, here's one more - are there a good number of beginner level custom songs out there?

fred

Absolutely no lag of any kind on the PC version. It's the best version by far imo.

And there are plenty of easy songs to play with the game, DLC songs and cDLC songs. There's a pretty good mixture of difficulties imo.

Xyber

I've got both Rocksmiths on the 360 but have a question for PC users. While I've never noticed the lag issues when I've played (which, admittedly, is way less than I would like to have) does the PC version have the same concerns?

Also, here's one more - are there a good number of beginner level custom songs out there?

Audio lag depends on what sound card you use. The standard on-board sound on the motherboard will give you the lowest lag in most cases. If you have a dedicated sound card in a PCI-slot then that will most likely make the game almost unplayable. If I had to take a wild guess I would say I get like 150ms of delay when using my Xonar soundcard, but it's perfect with the on-board one.

There's custom songs for every skill level, the biggest problem is finding the good ones. Plenty of poorly made songs, which sucks but that's what you get when anyone can make them.

I've had almost universally bad luck with Custom songs. I go back every month or two, grab some stuff that sounds interesting and always end up disappointed. Either the dynamic difficulty is broken/absent or the tones are so bad it doesn't sound anything like how it should.

Xyber

I've had almost universally bad luck with Custom songs. I go back every month or two, grab some stuff that sounds interesting and always end up disappointed. Either the dynamic difficulty is broken/absent or the tones are so bad it doesn't sound anything like how it should.

Broken DD I don't really care about myself, I always just max out the song from the start. But bad tones sucks (and is one of the most common problems with customs), so I have a couple of standard ones I've made myself that I switch to if needed.

Shitty customs was the main reason I started doing songs myself for the first game, but one man can only make so many songs before getting burned out. Now I've only made a few for 2014 since there's quite a bit more work to get all the new techniques to work good.

There's plenty of good customs out there, you just need to walk through an ocean of shit to find them.

fred

I think most people don't bother with DD because most people (myself included) think that you're better off starting with 100% difficulty and slowing the speed down. If you use DD then it's very easy for your fingering being wrong when the difficulty goes up and adds more notes and you have to adjust your fingering.

rvy

Banned
I think most people don't bother with DD because most people (myself included) think that you're better off starting with 100% difficulty and slowing the speed down. If you use DD then it's very easy for your fingering being wrong when the difficulty goes up and adds more notes and you have to adjust your fingering.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I have no idea why I didn't think of it earlier. I should try it out.

That seems like such a frustrating way to play. Particularly for songs that are mostly easy but then have large spikes in difficulty for solos.

Xyber

That seems like such a frustrating way to play. Particularly for songs that are mostly easy but then have large spikes in difficulty for solos.

It's better to learn something the correct way very slow than to learn it over 5 times because you get a couple of new notes.

Mastodon Song Pack – $7.99

Mastodon “Black Tongue” (D Standard)
Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen” (D Standard)
Mastodon “Oblivion” (Drop C)

Xyber

Mastodon Song Pack – $7.99

Mastodon “Black Tongue” (D Standard)
Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen” (D Standard)
Mastodon “Oblivion” (Drop C)

Weird, pack is not up on Steam and Black Tongue can't be purchased at all because there is no buy button on the page.

Edit: Oh, looks like something has gone wrong and someone put the wrong date on the release for it. It says it will be up tomorrow on the store. =/

Weird, pack is not up on Steam and Black Tongue can't be purchased at all because there is no buy button on the page.

Edit: Oh, looks like something has gone wrong and someone put the wrong date on the release for it. It says it will be up tomorrow on the store. =/

Should be fine now

number11

What are the easiest songs to learn in this game for a begginer (both original and 2014). So far I kinda mastered Blitzkrieg Bop. What should I learn next?

What are the easiest songs to learn in this game for a begginer (both original and 2014). So far I kinda mastered Blitzkrieg Bop. What should I learn next?

Queens of the Stone Age song 'Go With The Flow'. Pretty similar structure to Blitzkrieg Bop but at a higher tempo. Although that seems to be a Rocksmith import song.

Cake Song Pack - $11.99

* Cake "The Distance" (No Rhythm)
* Cake "Never There"
* Cake "I Will Survive"
* Cake "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" (No Rhythm)
* Cake "Stickshifts and Safety Belts" (No Rhythm)

Top Bottom