• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Rocksmith Clue:

7Et7o45.png

Wingdings 3

TWO/OF/NEXT/WEEKS/SONG/TITLES/COMBINE/TO/CREATE/A/DIRECT/ACCUSATION/TO/ONE/OF/THE/TWENTIETH/CENTURYS/MOST/FAMOUS/IMPOSTORS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_con_artists

Ds8OnFx.png

faust666

Frank Abagnale?

Take the money and run? Fly like an eagle? Jet airliner? Steve Miller band?

Edit: nvm all signs are pointing to it being Slash Anastasia/You're a Lie

Defect

Hey, can this game really help you play guitar? I'm good at games like GH and I have some experience with actual guitar so I'm guessing that this is a combination of tabs and gh?

Xyber

Hey, can this game really help you play guitar? I'm good at games like GH and I have some experience with actual guitar so I'm guessing that this is a combination of tabs and gh?

Yes, it can.

Having played Guitar Hero will not help much, but it might make it a bit easier to learn what string is what color on the screen.

Thrakier

It can support you learning songs but I doubt it can teach you the instrument.

Zeliard

There a way to keep the cable volume up persistently after patches? Getting that thing where it stays at 17 volume, but D3DX9_42.dll isn't helping it stick after changes.

Xyber

There a way to keep the cable volume up persistently after patches? Getting that thing where it stays at 17 volume, but D3DX9_42.dll isn't helping it stick after changes.

They patched that a few months back. You can adjust the volume of the cable in the options now I think.

I get my bass and copy of 2014 today! I can't wait! I have very little guitar background and have never touched a bass, this should be fun.

Do the first couple lessons and try out some songs. Difficulty scaling will help a lot so don't worry about trying certain songs. I actually just got a bass 2 days ago and it's tons of fun.

Sum 41 Song Pack – $11.99

Sum 41 “Fat Lip” (Drop D)
Sum 41 “The Hell Song”
Sum 41 “In Too Deep”
Sum 41 “Still Waiting”
Sum 41 “We’re All To Blame” (Eb Standard)

Ever play Guitar Hero? You know Fat Lip

Possibly, I'm sure they do have more than one song, but I'd honestly be stretched to distinguish them from one another. That probably says more about me than Sum41, as I paid very little attention to them that Summer they seemed pretty big over here in the UK.

All I remember is the guitar solo coming out of the swimming pool. And AlienAntFarm.

I'm a complete beginner I'm enjoying myself but at the same time it's really overwhelming with all the stuff you have to do at times. Tremolo and bending are really giving me trouble.

Thought I haut have to remember that today was only the 3 time I've practiced.

I'm a complete beginner I'm enjoying myself but at the same time it's really overwhelming with all the stuff you have to do at times. Tremolo and bending are really giving me trouble.

I had a ton of trouble with both of those starting out when I got the game ~7 months ago. You just keep using them and it becomes easy.

Thrakier

I suggest to learn guitar by using other methods and just use Rocksmith to learn certain songs. I don't think it's an efficient learning tool outside of songs.

70s Hits 05 – Singles

* Bill Withers “Ain’t No Sunshine”
* James Gang “Funk #49″ (No Rhythm)
* Roy Buchanan “Sweet Dreams” (No Rhythm)

Rocksmith 2014 http://amzn.to/1q5ok24 $40 /w Cable

Is that a decent price? Very tempted. I already have a cable (from the prior version), though. Can 2014 be played co-op? If so that'd be worth getting another cable for. Can this physical version be registered with Steam?

Edit: I jumped on it for PC -- looks like it supports co-op and the physical version registers with Steam.

Godsmack Song Pack – $11.99

* Godsmack “Awake” (Drop C)
* Godsmack “Cryin’ Like a Bitch” (Drop D)
* Godsmack “I Stand Alone” (Drop C)
* Godsmack “Love-Hate-Sex-Pain” (Drop D / No Rhythm)
* Godsmack “Voodoo” (Drop D / No Rhythm)

Man, just got last week for $40. On the positive side, though, I did get a cable with that and my daughter and I could play co-op. Do they offer not only split-screen but also regular (remote, though we'll be a couple of feet away from each other) multiplayer?

Storm360

Man, just got last week for $40. On the positive side, though, I did get a cable with that and my daughter and I could play co-op. Do they offer not only split-screen but also regular (remote, though we'll be a couple of feet away from each other) multiplayer?

It's just local as far as I could see,

Pulled he trigger and got 2014 for €12,49. Can't believe it dropped down again. Will look around for the original so I can get the cable and some content at a decent price (the cable on its own is kind of crazy to buy). I don't even have a guitar of my own, just my brothers few around the house but i am hoestly amazed at the value haha.

Top Bottom