• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My game stopped dropping blacksmith plans completely and so I can't get the achievement for that. I also somehow don't have the zoophobia achievement for killing all types of enemies.

Anybody else have plans stop dropping?

Zoracka

What's the goal in this game? Just started playing it.

To go into dungeons and farm gold, blueprints and runes to progress further and defeat all the bosses. Simple as that.

Each time you die (will happen alot) you keep your gold which you can spend on upgrading your own castle (stats for your characters) or buying weapons from the merchant or passive buffs from the mage. When you enter the castle you'll meet death who'll take your remaining money.

So. Enter castle. Destroy everything to get money. Die. Upgrade your stats. Enter castle....... defeat bosses, start New Game +, enter castle, etc.

FloatOn

This just in: Johannes/The Fountain can get fucked.

I nearly beat it with a spellsword with daggers and inevitably the fountain does that bullshit dagger filling room spell followed by the giant swords coming up from the ground thing and I just bite the dust.

I guess I need to grind it out more and get more armor or health buffs because I'm getting hit for like 73 every time with my spellsword.

FINALBOSS

Banned

I nearly beat it with a spellsword with daggers and inevitably the fountain does that bullshit dagger filling room spell followed by the giant swords coming up from the ground thing and I just bite the dust.

I guess I need to grind it out more and get more armor or health buffs because I'm getting hit for like 73 every time with my spellsword.

I could only beat him with the barbarian with the shout. Using that shout to clear all the projectiles on the screen.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

The first time through it took me at least fifteen tries to beat him. I went on to beat the game four more times and didn't die to him again. The bosses in general get super easy once you get your stats up.

rallyart

Neo Member
My game stopped dropping blacksmith plans completely and so I can't get the achievement for that. I also somehow don't have the zoophobia achievement for killing all types of enemies.

Anybody else have plans stop dropping?

I´m having exactly same issue, I´ve been through the whole castle and not a single freaking blueprint.

Castef

Banned
My review of the game.

Quite a pleasant surprise. After this one and Maldita Castilla my hunger for a proper Ghosts'n Goblins sequel is placated a bit.

Hey Capcom! hire Cellar Door Games and outsource them Demon's Crest 2. What could go wrong?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I just went from having a best run of 1600 gold to 3400 which I was pretty stoked about. Just missed out on the second gold boost though by 50 coins. :(

Five

Banned
So... the dragon class is useless? That's infuriating! It feels like they made the class because they thought it'd be cool, then couldn't figure out how to balance it, then decided they'd leave it in as a joke. That kind of thing should probably be pruned from the game, not left in and charged an arm and a leg for.

Raxum

So... the dragon class is useless? That's infuriating! It feels like they made the class because they thought it'd be cool, then couldn't figure out how to balance it, then decided they'd leave it in as a joke. That kind of thing should probably be pruned from the game, not left in and charged an arm and a leg for.

I actually found the dragon class quite useful in some scenarios. I beat the Tower boss with a dragon, because it was easier to kite the boss, and sometimes I find it useful for fairy chests. I feel like it would've been more worth the time if it still had a sword attack as well as the fireball spell though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
None at all or none after a certain point? Because I'm pretty sure you need to be in New Game+ or higher to get all of your gear.

I am on ng+5 and get zero blueprints anymore. I have opened easily 100+ chests, including miniboss chests since the last plans dropped. I am still missing nine pieces of gear.

FloatOn

well apparently I'm awful at this game.

barbarians end up working out best for me. but, I was literally one hit away from killing him and he does that akuma shadow glide move and lands on me. kills me instead.

super cheap.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah, that move. :p I usually just try to stay out of the middle. That seems to be where he hits you the most.

Tadale

What a great game. I finished it with 79 generations, but I figured I had gone through a lot more than that. Highly recommended.

ksan

I hate NG++, normal rooms are harder than bosses =(
Was lucky to accidentally enter the maya from a side entrance that lead me directly to the boss room, and got him on the first try.
Haven't really tried to play any mage-style character though, as I don't like the playstyle as much.

Finalow

well apparently I'm awful at this game.

barbarians end up working out best for me. but, I was literally one hit away from killing him and he does that akuma shadow glide move and lands on me. kills me instead.

super cheap.
I beat him with the hokage, both of them don't have much hp. you can hit the second form like 7 times if he tries to follow you, on the other hand he can just spam swords for 5 mins and usually that's when I die.
but yeah, I guess the barbarian with the shout is the best.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I can't get the demo of this game to work, every time I launch it it says Rogue Legacy has stopped working. Anyone got a fix?

For the longest time and through three runs of the castle I was using my normal runes, then read somewhere that grace runes might actually help, so I equipped five. No help.

Actually I meant if you had grace runes equipped, you'd be getting worse loot and that might be why you weren't getting higher level blueprints.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Actually I meant if you had grace runes equipped, you'd be getting worse loot and that might be why you weren't getting higher level blueprints.

Oh, nah, I beat the castle three times with no grace runes and no blueprints. It isn't all high level plans I am missing either.

Rogue Legacy in one mail:
1373366114-sans-titre-2.png
Wow, that's pretty disrespectful IMHO. Especially after you invested 5 hours into it. Jesus.

Top Bottom