• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

alisdair

I'm getting really annoying screen tearing with this game. I've tried forcing v-sync on in the Catalyst Control Center but it's still happening.

Is there a config setting anywhere to turn on v-sync? Anyone else with the same problem? Any suggestions?

Finalow

If you have Spellsword/thief unlocked, you can completely clown on the clown's games. This is because when you are given the weapon for the game (axe/dagger) it becomes your main spell temporarily and using the spellsword's special ability you can throw unlimited axes/daggers, and they'll be giant which makes the game even easier. I say you can throw an unlimited number because for some reason if you use the regular spell during the clown game it will refill your MP bar.
I tried this but it didn't work, those damn clown games are impossible.
even if it would get bigger you still have only 10 daggers/axes.

Spent thirty minutes with it, love it so far.
My only gripe is I wish I could bind buttons to my mouse.
Attacking would be so much easier if I could do that.

Shaneus

Feeling bad about what I've done. It was really selfish, but well, indie devs need money to create games, even if not everyone like them.

So I'm gonna rebuy it, but won't play it. I'm gonna make it a prize to win at the European Speedster Assembly, which is a speedrunning marathon and collects donations for charity. Some games have prizes for people who donated more than $5 (and among these, one is chosen randomly and wins the prize). So one of the indie game speedruns will have Rogue Legacy as a prize.
This is great. It shows real character to admit to your mistakes. Good man.

I loved that they gave you the refund, too. Shows that they are really pro-consumer, which is refreshing nowadays. It will certainly influence my future HB buying decisions, and reading the responses in this thread I'm probably not the only one to feel that way.
Yeah, pretty much. I'll admit, I'm still baffled why you asked for a refund rather than just emailing them stating why you hated it (and hadn't tried the demo) but you've made up for it. Kudos to you.

antitrop

I couldn't wait.
When you think about it, $5 is a pretty small price to pay to get something "early".

Think about the lengths people go to get certain things early sometimes. Even small things. Even 2-day shipping on Amazon is stupid expensive, shit like that.

Evilcrane

Just beat the game and I have to say that it ended up being even better than I dared to hope. The gameplay, music, art and overall tone of the game just really rocked. However, I did a full restart after first playing the game for a couple of hours as I noticed that my tendency to OCD with unlocks was probably not the best way to go about beating the game as even the basic stuff started to cost a lot of gold to upgrade!

This time I focused on using the the starting classes, the hokage and assassin. I started out by unlocking the architect and enchantress and just pumped some gold into more health and attack (obviously taking any armor unlocks as I got them first!). I also made sure to take the first 2 or 3 bounty upgrades as soon as possible to keep the gold flow steady. I felt like the Barbarian King and Hokage both worked really well for me, and I ended up clearing most of the content with them. The Spelunker was also really good for simply clearing the whole map of any phat loot!

Onwards to new game + :D

Shahadan

Just finished it ! One week far from my computer was harder than I thought because of this game.
Enjoyed the hell out of it and will try new game+ for once.

I felt so dumb when the final boss spoke about the previous bosses -_- Can't believe I missed that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just got to NG++ yesterday as well. Hokage suddenly went from being awesome to being practically my worst class. My strength upgrade is maxed (75/75) and so are crit damage and crit chance. With my current gear, all of my classes can pretty consistently murder things faster than Hokage now just because enemies have such high hp that crits are practically required.

Oddly, Barbarian Kings/Queens are now my favorite class (I rarely used them before NG++). There are so many damn projectiles on screen at once in NG++ that the Barbarian class skill is pretty much the greatest freaking thing in the game since it destroys all projectiles that are on screen instantly.

I like Paladins better, i feel they give a better balance between damage and survivability than the barb.

I like Paladins better, i feel they give a better balance between damage and survivability than the barb.

Today I finished NG++, NG+++, ++++, and +++++ (so 6 clears total). I maxed stats in NG+++ and beat the game with a Spellsword with flame barrier.

That single character finished the next two runs. No deaths.

Spellsword with full Dark armor and the Dark sword plus 5 Vampire runes and flame barrier as a spell breaks the game wide open. Finishes every boss fight except Herodotus in 10-15 seconds. Utterly ridiculous.

Finalow

the boss Herodotus is annoying. I tried it like 30 times, it takes 20 mins to arrive almost at the end and then I die.
how do I win this fucking bullshit fight?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
the boss Herodotus is annoying. I tried it like 30 times, it takes 20 mins to arrive almost at the end and then I die.
how do I win this fucking bullshit fight?

I never had any trouble with him, but I just took it one blob at a time. Break a blob, kill the mage before breaking any others. Just jump around the room in circles and lure the blobs to a platform. Usually they won't quite jump high enough to get on the platform (but it might be high enough to still hit you, so dodge accordingly) but one or two will make it. Murder those ambitious bastards.

edit: I also never enter the castle without at least two air jumps and one dash. I don't know what kind of mobility runes you're using, if any ,or if that would even suit your playstyle.

antitrop

I'm Level 95 and I think I'm getting close to being able to finish the game. What's a normal level to finish a first run?

ArjanN

Oh, I uh... guess I like to... grind a bit, I guess. Or something. I've only found/killed two bosses.

Nah, it hugely depends on what you level up first. I really took my time and unlocked the entire upgrade castle first and I think I was a way higher level when I beat the game. At least double that.

Finalow

I never had any trouble with him, but I just took it one blob at a time. Break a blob, kill the mage before breaking any others. Just jump around the room in circles and lure the blobs to a platform. Usually they won't quite jump high enough to get on the platform (but it might be high enough to still hit you, so dodge accordingly) but one or two will make it. Murder those ambitious bastards.

edit: I also never enter the castle without at least two air jumps and one dash. I don't know what kind of mobility runes you're using, if any ,or if that would even suit your playstyle.
well, I do that. it takes a lot of time and eventually I still die 'cause I get hit from some blob jumping where I'm going to land. I have one air jump and that half a second fly ability. this is the hardest/longest boss so far, I saw a video with spellcaster spamming magics and killing him pretty easy and fast but mine doesn't have that mp regen, maybe I lack runes.

guess I'm going to grind some gear, I unlocked 2 pieces of the imperial one.

I just beat NG+6 and +7 (so 8 clears total) still with that same Spellsword and I think I'm finally done with this game after 33 hours. At $15, this game is a ridiculous value for the amount of fun it provided me.

Ridley327

am I supposed to find the better gear in NG+? I'm tyring to get only chests but they just have money or runes.

There's a small chance of finding blueprints in chests at the bottom of boss entrances, but your best hope of getting blueprints is defeating minibosses.

Of course, the problem is that you might find only one miniboss room on a run of the entire castle, which makes it the biggest grind in the game to complete.

Finalow

There's a small chance of finding blueprints in chests at the bottom of boss entrances, but your best hope of getting blueprints is defeating minibosses.

Of course, the problem is that you might find only one miniboss room on a run of the entire castle, which makes it the biggest grind in the game to complete.
uh, I killed some minibosses but from what I remember I only got gold (like 900 gold from the diamonds), but usually I skip them so I'll try to change that.

Ridley327

uh, I killed some minibosses but from what I remember I only got gold (like 900 gold from the diamonds), but usually I skip them so I'll try to change that.

Yeah, it's not guaranteed, but your chances for getting a blueprint are highest for beating a miniboss (or minibosses, as it is the case most of the time) than anything else.

Finalow

Yeah, it's not guaranteed, but your chances for getting a blueprint are highest for beating a miniboss (or minibosses, as it is the case most of the time) than anything else.
what about the dark set or the other one with huge stats? I read that I need to use those runes that increase the difficulty of the enemies to have a chance to find a piece. or just try for it in ng+/++ etc.

what about the dark set or the other one with huge stats? I read that I need to use those runes that increase the difficulty of the enemies to have a chance to find a piece. or just try for it in ng+/++ etc.

I didn't manage to get every piece of the Dark set until NG++.

I have hateful respect for this game

I have just started to enjoy playing it after getting more consistent with my runs

Once you get used to the controls it really does start coming together quite nicely

Still don't do that well though lol

Game is good but dislike all the vision genetic deficiencies personally

The flipped world one being the worst by far

Stupid spike pits

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Hey guys, don't kill bosses when they're off the screen. Alexander had briefly flown below the floor on NG++, and when I killed him he dropped all the gold out of reach :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm getting really annoying screen tearing with this game. I've tried forcing v-sync on in the Catalyst Control Center but it's still happening.

Is there a config setting anywhere to turn on v-sync? Anyone else with the same problem? Any suggestions?

This will sound crazy, but do you have Aero desktop disabled?

I had weird vsync issues with Aero disabled. I still can't figure why that would matter.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So the game stops getting harder after NG++ right?

Also, the bosses become a joke once you get your stats near max. I still find the enemies a challenge, particularly the damn blue eyeballs and shuriken looking guys. But the bosses I don't even get hit anymore.

So the game stops getting harder after NG++ right?

Also, the bosses become a joke once you get your stats near max. I still find the enemies a challenge, particularly the damn blue eyeballs and shuriken looking guys. But the bosses I don't even get hit anymore.

You stop getting new enemies after NG++, but no, it keeps getting harder. At NG++++++++, the enemies in the castle area are around 200 levels higher than me even though I've got every upgrade maxed. The only way to improve myself at this point would be to farm fairy chests for the permanent stat boosts.

Finally decided to try out the demo after hearing about this game for a while and damn was I hooked. Beat the demo at around level 30 and I was only left craving more. I really wanna buy it now, but there's no way it wont go on sale on Steam.... waiting is just so hard!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Finally decided to try out the demo after hearing about this game for a while and damn was I hooked. Beat the demo at around level 30 and I was only left craving more. I really wanna buy it now, but there's no way it wont go on sale on Steam.... waiting is just so hard!

then get it now and don't wait, it's amazing and just $12 right now.

This game is utterly kicking my ass. The terrible Xbox d-pad doesn't help, but it's still impossible for me to beat even the giant eye boss.

Top Bottom