• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

Stoze

I finally got my gamepad working with Xpadder, forgot I even had that program. Shouldn't have to use that though when this game is supposedly "big picture" certified.

My one complaint right now is that you shouldn't have to keep re-locking a castle down, because 4 out of 4 times I've cleared out the indoors area and I'm ready to fight the boss with a fresh character, I forget to lock the castle and have to start over. It's driving me crazy.

Other than those issues, I'm loving it. Fuck the fairy chests though, holy shit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, seems like it just happened to me, though this happened when I jumped onto a teleporter.

I was on a really good run too. ;(

ScOULaris

How do the bosses work in this game? I still haven't come across one yet. Do you just walk into a room and there's a boss ready to fight you? Are you warned first? If you beat one, is it permanently beaten across further playthroughs?

Oneironaut

Neo Member
How do the bosses work in this game? I still haven't come across one yet. Do you just walk into a room and there's a boss ready to fight you? Are you warned first? If you beat one, is it permanently beaten across further playthroughs?

There's a big entryway, so you'll know when you're about to face a boss. They don't respawn, so you only kill each one once.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
You'll see the entryway but you won't be able to go through it. So yeah, you won't see the boss again, at least not until you get to new game+, where I assume the bosses would reset.

Beaulieu

Bought this a few hours ago and I'm hooked so far.
Fun as hell
I love roguelikes, but this one is less punishing than most.

Beaulieu

Not a popular opinion here but I like the miner. I have a run that adds an aditional 10% so I got 40% gold bonus. I just avoid fights when playing as him and destryo everything in every rooms, gets me lotta loot.

Last game with him, I also found a guy that made me play a game of "fing the good chest" and I tripled my gold.

rybrad

Has anyone noticed the Spelunker light doing anything special? It says it is just an ordinary light but since it drains mp I was hoping it might be useful somehow.

And there I go again, charging into the castle, forgetting to talk to the damn Architect. I wish this game forced me to talk to him.

Edgeward

This game is so good. I haven't played a rogue like that made me go "just one more" but this game does it. It's controls great and provides that addictive carrot on the stick.

Managed to beat the first boss but then died on Botis, the giant knight. fuck him so much. ;_;

eDpVcs7.jpg

Happened to me earlier...love this game.

I jumped

fleck0

Man this game is cool. More strategies keep presenting themselves as things are unlocked. For most of the game I've been all about the shinobi but then a Barbarian in a (3rd armor)
blood suit
became a thing.

Also unlocked (top tier castle unlock)
Dragons, they seem interesting based on the one run i did but no sword?!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This game is way too much fun. Goddamn.

Also I probably should try to beat the bosses. Been skipping all the boss rooms.

Mikey Jr.

Having a problem here.

I cant "equip" a sword. Like, I hover over a sword, and I cant do anything. Doesn't allow me to select anything. Other piece of equipment I can, just not the sword.

Anyone know whats up? I tried restarting, but its not working.

Having a problem here.

I cant "equip" a sword. Like, I hover over a sword, and I cant do anything. Doesn't allow me to select anything. Other piece of equipment I can, just not the sword.

Anyone know whats up? I tried restarting, but its not working.
Maybe it's too heavy? You can only equip things up to a certain weight, which you can upgrade. Maybe you'll be over that limit with the sword and other stuff equipped?

Jobbs

Banned
I just absent mindedly gave 4,000 gold to the death guy :( I think starting another run is becoming too automatic..

Svafnir

Uh, am I immortal? I just got a trait where my hp and mp are swapped and I don't seem to lose any health when I die......

tQOfSla.png

Edgeward

There is a trait that hides how much health you have, so you take damage but you'll never know how much health you have left.

Nymerio

Didn't get a lot of time with it yesterday but I am in love with what I played so far. Will play the shit out of this once I get home from work.

So anybody else still unable to get the game working with a USB controller? This is maddening.

Google x360ce. Get the exe, put it in game directory. Run the exe, answer yes when it asks to create some files, then let it search the internet for button mappings specific to your controller. If it doesn't find any, set them up yourself. Then you should be good to go.

The biggest issue I have so far is the downward attack. I have no issue with the platforms, but hitting enemies is a pain in the ass. First of all, the hitbox is awful, and you take damage half of the time for no reason. Secondly, the attack itself is way to weak. Stabbing people from above, with extra velocity should obviously do more damage than a simple slash. Not too mention that this way of doing things goes against everything platformers has taught me since I was a kid. Hope they change it.

Ridley327

Some of the fairy chest challenges are really clever.

I got one that requires you to not look directly at the chest when you're approaching it, while another one is a no jump requirement, but in a maze where you have to pick the right path to go down.

Ridley327

The biggest issue I have so far is the downward attack. I have no issue with the platforms, but hitting enemies is a pain in the ass. First of all, the hitbox is awful, and you take damage half of the time for no reason. Secondly, the attack itself is way to weak. Stabbing people from above, with extra velocity should obviously do more damage than a simple slash. Not too mention that this way of doing things goes against everything platformers has taught me since I was a kid. Hope they change it.

There's a damage modifier for the downward stab that you unlock later on.

Top Bottom