• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
TFXxQAV.jpg

Put as much effort in the OP as Roland Garros does into making a decent tournament.

Draw Men:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ms/msdraw.pdf

Draw Women
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ws/wsdraw.pdf

Betting Favourites Men:
1. Novak Djokovic
2. Rafael Nadal
3. Andy Murray
4. Stan Wawrinka

Betting Favourites Women:
1. Serena Williams
2. Not Serena Williams

Defending Champions:
leWTjXB.jpg
NsjdO0U.jpg

Q&A:
Where's Roger Federer?
Pulled out due to old age no chance of winning back pain

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"Put as much effort in the OP as Roland Garros does in making a decent tournament"

lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This p0st dedicated to T0mas Berdych.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I do so hope Clayray wins. In fact, more specifically, I hope that Nadal goes out early, Djokovic has a fluke loss to Berdych or something, and Murray beats Ferrer or whoever in the final. The meltdowns would be blissful.

The ONE thing I like about the French Open more than the other slams is that they span the tournament across 3 Sunday's and 15 days total. Wimbledon, by comparison, only has 1 Sunday of play and only 13 days of play. Spanning the 1st round over the course of 3 days instead of two is a good thing. Everything rlse about the French open is garbage and outdated

Bigfoot

Going to be hard to make myself watch a slam without Fed in it, but I knew this day would come. I'm surprised it took this long.

So go Clayray I guess!

oti

Banned
Going to be hard to make myself watch a slam without Fed in it, but I knew this day would come. I'm surprised it took this long.

So go Clayray I guess!

Dustin Brown is our saviour.

What's up with all the hate of the French Open? It's clearly the best Grand Slam, because it's the only clay one.

Yes, but no lights and not a single roof is ridiculous. (Just give us the French already, German Open here we go!)

What's up with all the hate of the French Open? It's clearly the best Grand Slam, because it's the only clay one.

Clay is a terrible surface. It's hard to see where the lines are on TV after the first game because the clay starts to cover the lines. It's a messy surface. Hard court, and grass are much superior surfaces.

Diamond

Magnificient OP.
Sorry everybody, I planned to do the OT but didn't have time this weekend. Glad Dipro stepped up and made it.

I'm going to Roland Garros next monday, currently praying Cthullu for a complete change of weather. It's pouring rain here in Paris.

cabot

I do so hope Clayray wins. In fact, more specifically, I hope that Nadal goes out early, Djokovic has a fluke loss to Berdych or something, and Murray beats Ferrer or whoever in the final. The meltdowns would be blissful.

You're really angling to get banned again, aren't you?

;)

I'm hopeful some tennis will be played at some point during this tournament.

Mac_Lane

The weather has been absolutely dreadful this far. I'm supposed to go watch games next Monday (4th round), I sure hope things will have gotten better by then

Quick check at the forecast suggests rain likely for much of today, but it'll clear up for most of the rest of the week and will actually be sunny on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately the rain will come back after that. Sigh.

Enjoyed Kyrgios v Cecchinato yesterday. Very high standard of play with Cecchinato defending and nailing drop shot after drop shot to force two tiebreakers. Kyrgios was clutch when it mattered and got through.

Kvitova had to fight very hard to get past Kovinic. She was in complete control up 6-2, *3-1, but collapsed to end up 4-5* down in the final set before her opponent made a terrible miss at Deuce (if she made a decent volley, she would have had match point). Was ruthless after that.

Watson v Gibbs was a grindfest in heavy conditions with Gibbs getting the better of it with extraordinary defence and anticipation. Watson missed far too many short balls and let her opponent get in her head. Still going with Gibbs up 2-1 40-30 in the final set. They're not back on first so they might get delayed into Tuesday.

LuuKyK

More like Roland Garrain. Bunch of matches already cancelled today. I wonder how many player will have to play two or three matches in a day soon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Rosol continuing his life's purpose of trolling Roland Garros winners.

Ricker

Raonic's got this,Muguruza on the womens side,not so much,22 unforced errors in the first set...I blame Sumyk,he taught that to Bouchard last year ;)

Magnificient OP.
Sorry everybody, I planned to do the OT but didn't have time this weekend. Glad Dipro stepped up and made it.

I'm going to Roland Garros next monday, currently praying Cthullu for a complete change of weather. It's pouring rain here in Paris.

if you still want to do it i can have this closed.

::

Wawa with the early struggle. what else is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom