• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I bet NeoGAF circa 2000 was all over Kournikova too.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Man when Rosol is on and in full god mode he hits the ball ludicrously well.

The 5th set of that Wimbledon match Nadal is still one of the greatest displays of pure ball-bashing I've ever seen. You can go back and watch it, it still holds up. Rosol just crushes every shot, it gets quite surreal at some point.

No idea why he's so mediocre most of the time. He has like a tiny glimmer of top five game in him, but it so rarely shines.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Those weren't the real Clayray, just his imposter, Mugray.

I guess it depends on whether you look at life through a lens of madness or not.

The 5th set of that Wimbledon match Nadal is still one of the greatest displays of pure ball-bashing I've ever seen. You can go back and watch it, it still holds up. Rosol just crushes every shot, it gets quite surreal at some point.

No idea why he's so mediocre most of the time. He has like a tiny glimmer of top five game in him, but it so rarely shines.

It really does. The last game in particular is just an amazing show of no nerves at all.

Wawrinka doesn't have to win the tournament but he needs to make it far enough that I get a satisfying amount of his backhand when it's on. Not satisfied yet ;P

szaromir

Banned
One thing I love about majors is that I can watch tennis matches without idiot commentators ruining all the enjoyment. Such a different experience.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Lisicki's and Bouchard's popularity is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe.

Lisicki at least has a good game when she's in form. I mean, I don't like Federer, for example, but I appreciate his tennis, and I feel the same way about Lisicki.

Bouchard, though... meh.

First upset on the women side...Shelby Rodgers beats Pliskova...

There were a lot of close calls with Kvitova and Mugurutha, but yeah overall the top seeded women have come through so far, which is a surprise.
edit: Errani lost first round too though
edit 2: #7 Vinci just lost first round as well

Also, Murray is just getting started against Stepanek. Lets see if he can beat him before the sunset.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Not a bad response though,

Or so it seemed for a minute... Why does Andy struggle against this guy?

Kensuke

Stepanek playing like a boss. Very entertaining to watch. I'm sure it won't hold up, but it's nice to see a veteran shine like this.

Jay Sosa

Lisicki's and Bouchard's popularity is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe.

Is it?

sabine-lisicki-hot-scene.jpeg

sabine-lisicki-sponsor-thomas-sabo.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
"Clayray," ladies and gentlemen.

Down 2 sets to 0 in the 1st round of the French Open

I have to admit, it's sometimes hard to remember he's won Roland Garros as many times as Djokovic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom