• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rolling Stone Scoop: Horizon Zero Dawn Netflix series has been Scrapped

vivftp

It'll resume once they find a new showrunner, There's no way they'll scrap the entire thing forever just because of one person.

Brigandier

Can Horizon fuck off already it's characters and story is mid as mid gets.... I like the series but do we really need TV shows and lego spin offs?.

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Wasn't interested in live-service, but Horizon in Arcane-styled animation would be really cool.

But there goes my chance of seeing Sadie Sink in hot tribal dresses.

StueyDuck

I can see why.

A) Netflix puts less than 5% effort with known IP

B) as much as I enjoy the horizon games (I know they are loathed here) they don't strike me well as something that would make a good tv/movie adaptation.

The only way it would work would be if they focused alot on the past and that really works in the first game because it's a mystery. Tribe vs tribe stuff would be boring af to watch. There's also only so much a robot dinosaur can entertain when you yourself aren't the ones physically dismantling it.

vivftp

I can see why.

A) Netflix puts less than 5% effort with known IP

B) as much as I enjoy the horizon games (I know they are loathed here) they don't strike me well as something that would make a good tv/movie adaptation.

The only way it would work would be if they focused alot on the past and that really works in the first game because it's a mystery. Tribe vs tribe stuff would be boring af to watch. There's also only so much a robot dinosaur can entertain when you yourself aren't the ones physically dismantling it.

This is due to the showrunner and their issues. It'll be back in operation once they find a new showrunner.

vivftp

Can’t they just replace the showrunner instead if scrapping the whole thing?

I'd imagine finding a suitable showrunner can take time. In that time they can't have everyone standing around picking their nose, and the new showrunner might have their own take on how they want things to go, so I imagine this would be a necessary step.

Either way, Sony knows this is a series with a huge potential so they're not gonna just drop it and move on. It'll just take longer due to this setback.

begotten

Pretty funny considering it unironically might have been the best thing about Horizon, considering it was meant to be set when the world was going to shit.

Guess we're settling for Horizon Lego and MMO now.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Something like horizon need a huge budget, one dinobot per episode doesn't fucking cut it.

This is probably for the best.

Last edited:

damidu

Pretty normal to see a lot of lazy folks who don't bother to read past the headline when posting in a thread. A shame the OP couldn't be assed to explain that this is due to the showrunner being a dildo in the thread title.
happens when op creates the title in bad faith, being the resident spencer ball handler and all

midnightAI

Jeremy Clarkson Shut Up GIF by DriveTribe

The thread

Don't like it, don't play it, don't watch it, don't buy the Lego and for god's sake, stop whinging about it. In the meantime, i, who really enjoys the game will carry on enjoying it and maybe even buy the Lego.

(And I would have watched this series, and probably enjoyed it like I did with The Last of Us series and even the Uncharted film)

Last edited:

Vitter.

Hulst is pushing this as the Citizen Kane of gaming, action figures, lego spinoff, a live service game, a sequel, a series now scrapped but maybe not dead... give us other ps ip that are way more interesting. Nothing wrong with the games, haven't played 2 but looks amazing technically and I bet the gameplay is fun but what people say about the characters not being memorable is true, at least on the first one.
Bring back Cole sob! :p as we are getting spidey sequels in perpetuity they will never do another sh game... maybe after tlou is done they bring back Days Gone too... ND Fantasy game, SM sci fi game will bring some more variety if those rumors are true. Having the action figures announced yesterday focusing on GOW, HORIZON and Tsushima probably means more games for those franchises are coming sooner than the rest (sadly) why not TLOU, Uncharted and dunno Jak & Daxter figures as first wave if not?

wipeout364

This was a terrible idea anyway. Despite the fact that the games have a ridiculous storyline does anybody really have faith that Netflix would do this Justice when it would be so dependent on special effects.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Poor Hulst. Maybe begging to put Aloy into Smash wasn't a good ideia.
This was a terrible idea anyway. Despite the fact that the games have a ridiculous storyline does anybody really have faith that Netflix would do this Justice when it would be so dependent on special effects.
The showrunner has been accused of abuse and Netflix has seen enough that they don't want to be associated with him anymore, so they cancelled all their dealings with him. That's all this is. Sony will renegotiate with another showrunner, possibly another streaming service, and still make this show.

Like it or not, Horizon is one of their biggest IPs from the last 2 gens. They're not letting it die.

Top Bottom