• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: BioShock 4’s setting and time period have reportedly leaked

Draugoth

Gold Member

On the most recent episode of Sacred Symbols, Colin Moriarty explains that he has heard new Bioshock details from one of his sources.
  • Antarctic city setting.
  • 1960’s time period.
  • City is called Borealis.
  • Still referred to internally as ‘Parkside’.
  • Game will link directly to previous Bioshock games.
However, this should be taken with a grain of salt - Colin states that he is confident in the source, but in corroborating the information with a separate source, some details may not be accurate.

What both sources did agree on was the Antarctic setting.

Fools idol

Banned
some screenshots are supposedly being shared around a discord of a 1:40 min gameplay video. No video leak yet and haven't seen my self will check when im home from work

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
arnold schwarzenegger polar vortex GIF

brian0057

Banned
Ken Levine (or 2K, I don't know) saw Valve not making Half-Life 3 and said: "Fine. I'll do it myself."

Last edited:
is BioShock 2 worth a play? I loved the story of BioShock 1 and BioShock Infinite, but even narratively never felt BioShock 2 was even referenced as any sort of connecting story to them (regarding how BioShock Infinite connected to BS1)
Did you like the transformation in Bioshock? If you did then you will enjoy playing as a Big Daddy in the sequel.

If you also enjoyed Bioshock's combat and wanted more atmosphere and levels and weapons, yes, buy it for a few bucks.

I don't think the villainy was as delicious, and it plays a bit like Resident Evil 2 meets Rapture I guess?

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
A 60’s dystopian setting in space sounds like fun science fiction. Mentioning Antarctica reminds me of “The Thing” than it does some dystopian world. The Antarctic setting reminds me of the original BioShock. They just floated south and built the city. I am optimistic and curious to see what they do.
is BioShock 2 worth a play? I loved the story of BioShock 1 and BioShock Infinite, but even narratively never felt BioShock 2 was even referenced as any sort of connecting story to them (regarding how BioShock Infinite connected to BS1)
yes, the DLC especially. Minerva’s Den is good. The story adds some to the original and you get more Big Daddy lore. There’s a decent antagonist with a decent plot overall. It has good combat. It isn’t as engaging in terms of character development or build up towards the end, unless you’re enjoying what they throw at you with enemies and objectives. It’s worth checking out if you’re a fan.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This sounds great. An Antarctic setting, with the vibe from The Thing would be excellent.

I‘m so ready for another Bioshock game at this point.

There’s always a lighthouse. There’s always a man. There’s always a city.

Still one of the greatest overarching narratives in video games.

Kdad

Interesting setting if so. Borealis like in Aurora Borealis so it makes sense!

It immediately made my thought of The Thing!
Except that in Antarctica its aurora australis not borealis?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The setting seems way less insane than in the previous games. I'm just interested in the gameplay and if it's actually a gaas kind of game for me to ignore.

I seem to recall a game made by the creators of MYST set in ice world. Was that a dream? Has the game already been released? Was it repurposed into Bioshock? Maybe it was Crystals and not ice.
Did a quick google it was called Firmament. Looks like Bioshock logo. Game never funded it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom