• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Enough Japan game rumors to make your head spin

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
http://s03.2log.net/home/syoboon1/index.html#main , assorted rumors grabbed off 2ch

- Mother 3 out Feb. 17, 4800 yen
- Nintendogs out Feb. 24, 3980 yen
- The following games will get release dates in January , by which I mean they will get a release date announced, not that they will be released in January: Killer 7, Garou densetsu, KOF 3in1, Last Blade 2in1, Nadia, FFXII (probably Feb), Romancing Saga, Wild Arms 4, Sakura taisen 3, Tengai makyo 3, Yoshitsune-ki, Homeland, Chibirobo, Custom Robo GBA, assorted PSP/NDS software
- Katamari damacy 2 (tent title) set to come out March
- Tekken 5 apparently hitting home in summer
- Arcade titles: Gundam BOS, Card battle DBZ, Gundam ZZ EUG vs. Neo-jion

Around two allegedly game industry-type people came on the boards just now. They seemed to have some truth (?) to their posts so I gathered up everything they said. If it's all BS, then sorry as always

jonstamps said:
Tekken 5 apparently hitting consoles in summer
or
console

Namco would do well to make that consoles, plural. After the success of a multiplatform release of SC2, why not?

edited: fixed double negative happiness.

Jonnyram

Thinking about it, S.E. announced FFXII for summer - I don't think they'd bring it forward.
Also Radiata Stories is already scheduled for 27 Jan. Can't see them making such an RPG clash in two months.

Yoshitsune already has a concrete date (13 Jan).

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Fox.

Have you also heard that Killer 7 is really, really bad?
We've been picking up murmers over here...
Any news?
:)

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Folder said:
Fox.

Have you also heard that Killer 7 is really, really bad?
We've been picking up murmers over here...
Any news?
:)
Well I haven't heard murmurs, no, but at the same time I'm looking forward to a great deal of different titles over this one myself, personally.

Amir0x

Banned
Seriously, Earthbound (aka Mother) is the #1 game I want from Nintendo. I have waited many years for a new Earthbound, and Earthbound1+2 did not suit me. I need my Mother 3!

If this news ever ended up being true it'd be great, although Nintendo announced its 2005 lineup and Earthbound was not on it :(

FoneBone

Amir0x said:
If this news ever ended up being true it'd be great, although Nintendo announced its 2005 lineup and Earthbound was not on it :(
That was only for the first half of the year -- if the game is coming to the US, we probably won't know until E3.

fennec fox said:
- Nintendogs out Feb. 24, 3980 yen

Dreamy......

nintendogs_logo.jpg

ss08b.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
you know, after the decent sales of Goden Sun you would think nintendo would bring out Mother 1 and 2 and Mother 3... but nooooo

snapty00 said:
Golden Sun has good graphics. Mother doesn't.
have we even seen anything from mother 3 yet? and yes, 1 and 2 aren't exactly graphical powerhouses, as one was an nes game and the other was an early snes game. but they still kick ass.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
the graphics may be simple, but they work

Since we saw Katamari Damacy 1 over here, should we expect some localized sequel lovin'?

I heard it did 20K+... not sure if that's good or bad.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
yeah earthbounds gameplay is shit.

Goldensun shits on it. Now its setting, art, items, story, characters and writing make it one of the most fun RPGs I have ever played, but the actual gameplay isn't so dashing.

edit: I sooo want mother 1 + 2 released here :(

snapty00 said:
This is what you get for 1.) butting in and 2.) not knowing what the hell other people are talking about.

You still make no sense. You were the first to mention graphics in the post, were you not?

Exactly.

As someone said above, considering that Radiata Stories is out January 27, I highly doubt that FFXII will hit in February.

I would like to believe that Mother 3 will hit in February, though. There's no reason for me to believe it, but they have gone a bit too long without a mention of it...

Xellos

I didn't realize that Mother 3 was still being made. I remember hearing about it years ago, but not a peep about it since then. Now it's rumored to be released in February? Did Nintendo ever release info/screenshots for Mother 3?

ohamsie

ferricide said:
so explain to me what isn't incredibly shitty about earthbound's gameplay.

It had some of the best status ailments in any RPG ever. Getting the mushroom on your head was awesome.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'll totally agree with Earthbound having horrid, archaic gameplay. I don't mind the DQ style combat, but there was an excessive amount of levelling up and random encounters, from what I remember... which didn't even fly for me back when I first purchased that game.

nfreakct

djtiesto said:
I'll totally agree with Earthbound having horrid, archaic gameplay. I don't mind the DQ style combat, but there was an excessive amount of levelling up and random encounters, from what I remember... which didn't even fly for me back when I first purchased that game.

Earthbound didn't have random encounters.

Edit: The only time when leveling up became a major problem was at the very beginning against the first boss in the arcade. After that, it really shouldn't have been a problem unless you purposely avoided all battles whatsoever.

Also, love for the rolling counter for health.

djtiesto said:
Earthbound did have one nice unique feature regarding the battle system:

When you had a random encounter with a weak enemy, it skipped the battle and gave you the experience without having to conintually tap the A button, as you have to do in so many other RPG's.

FoneBone

trippingmartian said:
Earthbound did have one nice unique feature regarding the battle system:

When you had a random encounter with a weak enemy, it skipped the battle and gave you the experience without having to conintually tap the A button, as you have to do in so many other RPG's.
Why more games haven't included this is beyond me...

mumu

TheGreenGiant said:
The game and the console are perfect fits.
Uh oh, GAF is gonna have trouble liking KD2 if it comes out for the cube. Also they'd have to change the controls, the second analog is just a bit out of place on the cube pad.

Nintendo is probably not interested because they wanna abandon their kiddy image, oh the irony.

el jacko

nfreakct said:
Also, love for the rolling counter for health.
This is probably my favorite feature in an RPG, ever. If one of my characters was dealt a critical hit, I always felt the tension rise, since it was essentially a countdown over whether or not I should dump the battle, or risk killing the character to win the battle.

I hope that returns for the sequel.

Top Bottom