• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor | Forza Horizon 5 Is Coming to PlayStation 5 Soon; There Are No Active Plans for Starfield Yet

tusharngf

forza-horizon-5-high-performance-update-1-728x410.webp

Forza Horizon 5 will be the next former Xbox console exclusive from Microsoft to release on PlayStation 5, according to rumors circulating online.

As revealed by the reliable eXtas1s, the latest entry in the series is coming to PlayStation 5 soon, within the next few months. The timing of the announcement is not clear, but the leaker has no doubt the game is coming to Sony's current generation console.

Related Story Until Dawn Launches on PlayStation 5 and PC October 4​

Besides revealing the Forza Horizon 5 PS5 port, eXstas1s also commented on the highly anticipated port of Starfield, saying that there are no active plans for it yet. This is hardly surprising, considering Bethesda's RPG launched not even a year ago.

Forza Horizon 5 may not be the Xbox exclusive PlayStation 5 owners have been waiting for the most, but it's still great news that more players will be able to enjoy Playground Games' excellent racing game.

Source: https://wccftech.com/forza-horizon-5-starfield-playstation-5/

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Oh look actually good Xbox game is coming to other platforms, I have like 300 hours there

feynoob

Banned
It's a great racer. I think many people would care.
Its a good deal for gamers. Problem is, the plastic mentality people would use this as ammo for their wars.

I am happy that PS users can play this game. More games, less barrier.

TDiddyLive

Literally the only thing that casts doubt on this is relicensing all the cars/music in the game. How long do the current licensing agreements go for and do they include additional platforms? If those are covered then it’s easy money for an older game.

Nydius

Forza Horizon would sell well on PlayStation. Sony ditched their arcade racers in the past and the closest competition on the platform is the (imo vastly inferior) The Crew Motorsport.

Ed:
I am glad MS has the balls to break the stupid exclusivity paradigm.

🤣 That’s like saying Sega “had the balls to break the stupid exclusivity paradigm” when they went broke and had no choice but to start putting Sonic on everything under the sun.

Microsoft is only doing this because Xbox is financially FUBAR if they don’t. They are going full Sega and turning third party. They’re just dragging it out over a prolonged time.

If the roles were reversed between Sony and Microsoft, not a single Microsoft game would be ported

Last edited:

Kerotan

That would be pretty big but without PSVR2 support it will play second fiddle to Turismo.

Going to be weird seeing lads with a GT7 and Forza platinum in their list.

feynoob

Banned
Doubt... starfield makes sense. This doesn't.
Add vehicle mode, then port it to PS5. Would give the game a new prespective look. compared to the launch version.

Game has the potential to be great. Just missing small pieces to make that happen. No walls and space travel mod can flip this game.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Sir, Sea of Thieves, Pentiment, HiFi Rush and Grounded are better than just actually good.

So is FH5
Yeah maybe some of those are good, but not as a good as Forza Horizon, that franchise pretty much killed those corridor racers
not really

Roberts

Yeah maybe some of those are good, but not as a good as Forza Horizon, that franchise pretty much killed those corridor racers
not really
You should try Grounded if you haven’t, preferably with a friend. We sank probably around 150 hours into it over the course of two or three years. The best sandbox ever made, imho.

Saber

Even though I find Starfiled a mediocre low effort game, it's more easy to believe Starfield to be the one ported since Microcrap just cut out the PS5 version when they went on their stupid acquisition spree. Wouldn't need to put much work on it.

Fahdis

Literally the only thing that casts doubt on this is relicensing all the cars/music in the game. How long do the current licensing agreements go for and do they include additional platforms? If those are covered then it’s easy money for an older game.

5-7 years.

Instantly the best racer on PS5.

Sony only gamers who have never experienced FH are in for a treat. Too bad car licensing in games sucks, FH4 would be a great port as well.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Yeah!!!!

It's the one located in Mexico, right?

I was about to buy an Xbox because of this game and Hi fi Rush.

Now let's make a Forza X Gran Turismo crossover.

Forza Horizon is a great series that should sell nicely if it comes over. The licensing is the only issue that makes me iffy on this being true. Damn good get if it is.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This reminds me of the Tyrion Lannister ruse to sniff out the leak. I wonder who Phil told Banjo Nuts and Bolts to.

Top Bottom