• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Jonah Hill and Emma Stone for Ghostbusters 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via SchmoesKnow

What’s cooking, Schmoeville?

We here at Schmoesknow.com are very happy to be making you happy. For today is a big news day at camp Schmoes. Some BATMAN vs SUPERMAN news, some TERMINATOR 5 news and now… Yup, here’s some GHOSTBUSTERS 3 NEWS!

It’s been a while since anything newsworthy has broken for the long rumored, Dan Aykroyd passion project known as GHOSTBUSTERS 3. So many stops and starts for the long-time planned, third chapter of everyone’s favorite team of paranormal exterminators.

Now comes word from The Phantom that there is some movement (finally). Said movement has to do with TWO ACTORS that have been offered deals for the Bill Murray-less sequel.

We have it on good authority that none other than Jonah Hill and Emma Stone have been offered the parts of Jeremy and Anna respectively.

No word on who the hell Jeremy and Anna are in the overall story of GHOSTBUSTERS 3. My guess, they are the son and/or daughter of one or two of the original members of the team and will be picking up where their fathers left off.

And if offers are going out then Sony Pictures must be VERY CLOSE to greenlighting the project that seems to always stall when things get interesting. Seemingly because everyone was trying to get Bill Murray back. And it seems Bill Murray is having fun playing with everyone and has no intention of suiting up for the third movie. Bummer.

I read a story over at Screen Rant a while back confirming such a thing. But one of the yummy tid-bits that was bandied about was the possibility of Bill Murray showing up as a ghost in the movie – which would have been a nice cameo and middle ground for the franchise. I know it seems far fetched but I still hope they are able to coax Mr. Murray out for some sort of part/cameo/ghost/Thank you credit. Oh, well.

Nonetheless, for fans of the franchise, looks like GHOSTBUSTERS 3 is oh, so very close to that elusive greenlight. I’m sure once they do in fact greenlight it, Dan Aykroyd can stop shilling vodka and get back to what he does best: Talking about Ghostbusters 3.

Schmoeville! What do you think of Jonah Hill and Emma Stone for Ghostbusters 3? Good fit? No word yet on whether or not they will actually SIGN on the dotted line but the offer is there – and with it – the promise of a new GHOSTBUSTERS movie is now closer than ever.

So sound off, Schmoeville! Let me know what you think!

Said it in another thread where Schmoes Know was brought up - they're not great at homegrown rumors. They're good at pushing along other people's stuff - but their batting average when it comes to scoops they get fed is pretty low.

They have a pretty fun podcast, though.

I seem to enjoy every Jonah Hill movie (even The Watch and The Sitter!) so I'll take this rumor as a good omen for Ghostbusters 3.

And that's not even mentioning Emma fucking Stone. Who doesn't like her?

*realizes rhetorical question will get answers because Internet*

Kuroyume

Banned
That's one way to turn me off for this film. Now get cumbersnatch and Loki from thor on board and I can totally stop caring.

RC

Banned
Going ahead on the sequel without Bill Murray is a huge mistake. It's not Ghostbusters without him.

This franchise will inevitably be rebooted at some point. Too much marquee value not to. Might as well get used to the idea now.

Said it in another thread where Schmoes Know was brought up - they're not great at homegrown rumors. They're good at pushing along other people's stuff - but their batting average when it comes to scoops they get fed is pretty low.

They have a pretty fun podcast, though.

I have seen some buzz from other industry member suggesting their news from tonight may be true, but was meant to be hush. Not sure if that applies to all of their stories, they seem to have a lot tonight- (Terminator, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World) so I'm curious to see how it pans out.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Why does every 80's property need a remake or a sequel? Comon Hollywood do something new.

because the fandom is too much of a money grab for hollywood to ignore. you wanna risk a budget on a flop or on a franchise, even if fans bitch and whine that something is being done with it, will still go in droves to see it and all you gotta do is count the stacks as they come in.

we're the reason why hollywood doesnt want to invest the money in new ideas.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I remember when we had a thread on who should be cast in a Ghostbusters sequel/reboot, and one person I mentioned was Sam Rockwell. I still like that idea, I could see him in a Ghostbuster role. Jonah Hill........eh.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
But Ghostbusters 3 is Ghostbusters: The Videogame!

NYR

Jonah Hill - Dr. Raymond Stantz

Aaron Paul - Dr. Peter Venkman

Jay Baruchel -Dr. Egon Spengler

Donald Glover - Black guy

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind something like this. Jonah killed it in the 21 Jump Street remake (which I initially thought was gonna suck), so if this comes to fruition, I'll give it a chance

Maybe. These two names are kinda old, regarding this film. I remember hearing something similar to this last year, in fact.

Interesting. It would fit the 'new team trained by the old team' rumors.

So, assuming you have heard things, do you know if it's true that Josh Brolin dropped out of Jurassic World (which is something they just reported on Twitter)?

Are people talking smack because they think it's impossible to make a good Ghostbusters 3, or because they don't trust the studio?

If it's the former, you're wrong. If it's the latter, why not let them give it a shot? The originals won't retroactively become bad because a bad sequel was made, and you never know.

this_is_the-end.jpg

James Franco as Peter Venkman
Seth Rogan as Raymond Stanz
Emma Stone as Dana Barrett
Jay Baruchel as Egon Spengler
Craig Robinson as Winston Zeddmore
Mindy Kaling as Janine Melnitz
Jonah Hill as Louis Tully
Danny Macbride as Gozer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom