• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Jonah Hill and Emma Stone for Ghostbusters 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

What does that even mean?

Also odd... choice, would have just oldish fatter sweater comedians. But alright then.
It would only satisfy the nerds it's pandering towards and ignore what made it cool in the first place.

like TRON Legacy

I was kidding, by the way

steveovig

Jonah Hill is annoying as fuck. This Is The End was horrible. Why does there need to be another Ghostbusters? Let it rest Hollywood.

How did I miss this thread? Any way.

Update:

Emma Stone is passing on the role of 'Anna' but Jonah Hill still has an offer out for 'Jeremy'." They also add that Sony wants two major stars signed on or they will not green light the picture. [Source: Schmoes Know]

As I've said in every thread about GB3, this movie is never happening. Just skip to the inevitable reboot and call it The Real Ghostbusters.

shira

tumblr_mrcu64VF3e1szf0s6o1_500.gif

Is Harold Ramis involved?

edit - I hope Harold Ramis isn't involved, because this is going to suck

Everyone but Murray is in, which is among the reasons this movie will never happen.

If you haven't been paying attention to the great saga that is GB3: Development Hell, the closest this seemed to be a reality was a few years back. Murray seemed slightly more willing (but not overly enthusiastic).

The writers for Ramis' Year One worked on a script. Then Year One came out and bombed like a mother fucker, Sony backed away and Murray went back to his "fuck no" stance on doing another one.

Some writers from The Office were hired to work on the script (or write an entirely new one, who knows?) And here we are today with this movie still never happening.

It is kind of weird to think that if Year One hadn't bombed, we might have had a GB3 this last summer. Fucking weird.

Everyone but Murray is in, which is among the reasons this movie will never happen.

If you haven't been paying attention to the great saga that is GB3: Development Hell, the closest this seemed to be a reality was a few years back. Murray seemed slightly more willing (but not overly enthusiastic).

The writers for Ramis' Year One worked on a script. Then Year One came out and bombed like a mother fucker, Sony backed away and Murray went back to his "fuck no" stance on doing another one.

Some writers from The Office were hired to work on the script (or write an entirely new one, who knows?) And here we are today with this movie still never happening.

It is kind of weird to think that if Year One hadn't bombed, we might have had a GB3 this last summer. Fucking weird.

Like everything else wrong in the world, this can be blamed on Jack Black.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

The Office writers and the Year One writers are the same guys: Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg

The Office writers and the Year One writers are the same guys: Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg

Sorry, it's been such a long journey. The details start to blend together. Wasn't there some news of new writers working on it some time after Year One bombed, or did I completely make that part up?

Rouse

He wasnt funny when he was fat, and now he looks like a fricking alien!

I would only be happy to see him in this film if Slimer disembowlled him within the opening credits!

Not a fan of emma stone either.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sorry, it's been such a long journey. The details start to blend together. Wasn't there some news of new writers working on it some time after Year One bombed, or did I completely make that part up?

Yeah, looks like Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, Madagascar 2, Men in Black 3) was hired to rewrite it in 2012, so he's probably who you're thinking of.

jelly

Strange casting. Sounds like a spoof.

Anyone else think Emma Stone has dropped like a stone in appeal and weight over the years ?

She was that girl next door and fun, now I really don't like at her. Trying to be a model which totally doesn't work for her. So unappealing.

I thought we had moved past casting fat guys for comedic value. Doesn't help that Jonah wasn't funny to begin with oh and people actually liked 21 jump street? Oh dear.

Acorn

I thought we had moved past casting fat guys for comedic value. Doesn't help that Jonah wasn't funny to begin with oh and people actually liked 21 jump street? Oh dear.
He isn't really fat anymore. Lost a ton of weight.

Anyway, it isn't ghostbusters without Murray and Ackroyd has been claiming its about to happen for atleast a decade.

Acorn

Strange casting. Sounds like a spoof.

Anyone else think Emma Stone has dropped like a stone in appeal and weight over the years ?

She was that girl next door and fun, now I really don't like at her. Trying to be a model which totally doesn't work for her. So unappealing.
She was smoking in gangster squad.

He isn't really fat anymore. Lost a ton of weight.

Anyway, it isn't ghostbusters without Murray and Ackroyd has been claiming its about to happen for atleast a decade.

2 actually. He's been trying to get this running since the 90's. The '09 video game was essentially a culmination of that.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Emma Stone filling out Janine's nerdy glasses would definitely get my motor running.

You forgot Kylie Griffin?
KylieGriffin06.jpg

KuGsj.gif

How about a handicapped Ghostbuster?

ghost_art2.gif

Going ahead on the sequel without Bill Murray is a huge mistake. It's not Ghostbusters without him.

Sadly this type of thinking is the reason why a Ghostbusters 3 hasn't been made at this point. Bill Murray was never happy with Ghostbusters II, and he has been turning down the opportunity to do a part 3 for over 20 years now. I'm shocked that he agreed to do the voice for the video game, to be honest. He still seems to be up for a cameo in part 3 if they can turn in a good script, but I think he's probably done with that series otherwise.

I'm OK with a new Cghostbusters movie with a new cast of characters. Aykroyd and Ramis have been so keen on doing a Ghostbusters 3 for all these years , but it never happened yet because all the right pieces never fell into place for it to happen (Murray, mostly), the 2009 video game was the closest they ever got to writing a third movie. At this point, it's best to just move on without Bill Murray and continue with a new cast of characters and a new fresh look on the series.

megamerican

I think Rogen and his "troupe" could do an interesting take on Ghostbusters. I would be more interested if he was writing it as he does his own material best.

I'm kind of baffled the hate Rogen and Hill get on here. They're probably the most successful comedians in movies today both commercially and critically. Apart from Melissa McCarthy I guess.

I think that our planet is secretly powered by Ghostbusters 3 news. Unless we keep getting meaningless tidbits at regular intervals, the earth stops rotating and we all fly off.

this_is_the-end.jpg

James Franco as Peter Venkman
Seth Rogan as Raymond Stanz
Emma Stone as Dana Barrett
Jay Baruchel as Egon Spengler
Craig Robinson as Winston Zeddmore
Mindy Kaling as Janine Melnitz
Jonah Hill as Louis Tully
Danny Macbride as Gozer

Wow, I don't know how I didn't realize this works well...REALLY well

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'd have no problem with that. Jonah Hill gets far too much grief, he's a funny dude who is always entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom