• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Jonah Hill and Emma Stone for Ghostbusters 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyfish

Katy Perry and Pitbull

This is just crazy enough to WORK!

And also:

5Sv8cZk.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Why do posts like this always ignore all the films out there that are clearly doing new things and not reboots? So bizarre.

This is a thread about rebooting a classic 80's franchise, what the hell else is he going to talk about? Are you on crack? Is crack your primary dietary intake? Crack flakes? Pancracks? Peanut butter and crack?

NR1

Everytime Ghostbusters III is brought up, I have to:

1) Defend GB2 from the haters. This movie gets too much hate. I was watching it just the other day on Comedy Central and I was completely entertained by it.

And

2) The recent video game was very well done in every aspect. The story was interesting. The characters were accurately portrayed. The acting was decent considering none of the cast is really familiar with voice acting. Bill Murray has done Fantastic Mr. Fox and Garfield, Dan Aykroyd did Yogi Bear. Ernie Hudson and Annie Potts have a fairly decent VO background though. Production value was great too. I don't understand why people think a 3rd film would be a complete train wreak when the game was able to navigate the movie license video game curse just fine.

.GqueB.

Banned
This is a thread about rebooting a classic 80's franchise, what the hell else is he going to talk about? Are you on crack? Is crack your primary dietary intake? Crack flakes? Pancracks? Peanut butter and crack?

Don't bring it up, ignore the thread, and watch something else instead? Seems like a silly thing to complain about and then top it off by saying "Hollywood do something new". They do... all the time.

I don't even like crack

Don't bring it up, ignore the thread, and watch something else instead? Seems like a silly thing to complain about and then top it off by saying "Hollywood do something new". They do... all the time.

I don't even like crack

Infographic-Hollywood-s-Waning-Creativity.png

Everytime Ghostbusters III is brought up, I have to:

1) Defend GB2 from the haters. This movie gets too much hate. I was watching it just the other day on Comedy Central and I was completely entertained by it.

And

2) The recent video game was very well done in every aspect. The story was interesting. The characters were accurately portrayed. The acting was decent considering none of the cast is really familiar with voice acting. Bill Murray has done Fantastic Mr. Fox and Garfield, Dan Aykroyd did Yogi Bear. Ernie Hudson and Annie Potts have a fairly decent VO background though. Production value was great too. I don't understand why people think a 3rd film would be a complete train wreak when the game was able to navigate the movie license video game curse just fine.

Agree with 1. Strongly disagree with 2. Game was subpar.

Aylinato

If Jonah hill is the nerdy guy who has awful luck then I'm all for him being cast. However him as one of the actual ghostbusters? no.

I love both movies and thought the game was great... would love a sequel video game if we don't get a movie.

Problem with the game was it was tied to heavily into the plot of the first movie. It's as if they wanted to tell the story of the first movie but couldn't. Should have been completely standalone. Also all those superfluous additions to the pack. And ghosts just sat there while you whittled down their health. If they made the ghosts move faster and were harder to catch, it would have been funner.

DiscoJer

If the Ocean's 11 and Planet of the Apes remake is a "sequel", why are the 1991 movies Robin Hood, Beauty & the Beast, Hook, and the Addams family not sequels? Those are all remakes as well, essentially.

And The Silence of the Lambs could be considered a sequel, since the previous novel, The Red Dragon, had been adapted as Manhunter.

drspeedy

Henchmen21 said:
Agree with 1. Strongly disagree with 2. Game was subpar.

Game was much better if you're an OG GB fan. Tons of references, expanded the dialog and thought processes they would have used, and really completed the world.

Greatest game ever? Nope. But a solid GB3..

Either reboot GB or stop entirely. There's no middle here, IP is too cherished- I feel the same about Force Unleashed, it was better story and insight than the prequels combined. And now look what we got, more crappy sequels to EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom