• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Playboy Mansion going up for sale but one catch Hef gets to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat moment when you enter the kitchen to grab some breakfast and a confused and very naked Hugh Hefner is staring blankly at you.

eu pfhor ia

Neo Member
This is just weird as hell. Is he hoping someone like Warren Buffet has a few million to throw away in exchange for geriatric orgies?

Savitar

The Penthouse guy is going to try and buy it isn't he.

He wanted to buy out the mag but pretty sure they refused on the basis they hate him.

Made me wonder how that guy seems to be doing so well.

joe2187

Banned
*walks by hefs room*

darth-vader-suit-o.gif

bengraven

How the mighty has fallen. I feel for him. Owner of the coolest magazine on the stands for decades, now just a shell of it's greatness. Mansion is falling apart, too.

Notch should get in on this.

Zombine

Banned
Was it Vice who crashed a Playboy party and wrote about it? They said it was pretty depressing and dated. This meshes with what a poster said a bit earlier about it not being updated since the 70s.

Kenstar

There once was a Man named Hugh Hefner, who was the King of the Playboys.
He had fame, power and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
Before they evicted him from the property, these were the final words he said:
"My Mansion is yours for the Renting, but you'll have to sign it first; I left everything I owned in One Lease."

SoulUnison

Banned
The most recent Playboy bunny tell-all book had her saying Hef hasn't cleaned or updated any of the stuff in the mansion since the 70s.

That said, I'd love a tour.

Probably a combination of not having as much actual money as he wants to appear as he has and not wanting to update the decor because he's still trapped in the nostalgia of his golden age.

This house can be yours if you allow an 89 year old man to live there rent free sounds like a strange sales pitch

It's basically a gamble on both ends. Hef needs money but doesn't want to leave the home he's had for so long and that he's lived "the life" in, while the buyer has to make a weird moralistic decision about just how much longer an 89 year old man can possibly hold out, anyway.

Honestly, this could be a screenplay.

KAP151

Wow. After looking at teh Vice article, that place is depressing.

He wants $200 million? Wont get anywhere near that.

While they would be disclosed (the blueprints do exist), there is a good chance that they have been sealed.

It would be the new owner's duty/fun/right/whatever to remove the seal and show the probably depressing looking hidden area to the world.

Is there a limit to the number of crotches you'd find acceptable, or do you require your sinks to be virgins?

I'm talking vigorous humping. The kind that no dudebro could resist when seeing a butt-shaped sink.

Moderate leaning against is fine.

Oersted

The internet basically killed Playboy magazine. And I'm assuming the magazine was Playboy's main source of revenue.

In this modern era, who needs to pay for a magazine subscription to see still photographs of naked women & boobs?

That changed a while ago. US Playboy dropped nudes and their mainincome is now Internet videos and licensing. The Bunny logo is on everything these days, shampoo, deos, watches etc

Lucreto

If he is asking for $200 million I hope it includes all the house contents not just the land and building.

If it was me I would just sell off everything in the house as I expect some still see the mansion as a mystical place and want to own some part of it.

You could charge $10k for Hefs bed and someone will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom