• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: State of Play will be on September 19th, focusing on Indie and 3rd Party Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Looks like someone has access to PlayStation marketing material and shared it on twitter

The State of Play is on September 19th: "Tune in September 19, 2024, for State of Play focusing on indie and third-party games making the most of PS5 Pro. But don’t expect any news on PlayStation Studio titles just yet!"

The PS5 Pro will support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision on select streaming services and with select media

PS5 Pro Digital arrives on Nov 14th for £499.99, The disc version arrives Dec 5th at £589.99

Improved Dualsense with better battery life and enhanced triggers

His original leak about the PS5 Pro date: Heads up! PS5 Pro Hardware Showcase is live on September 10th. A quick 12 minutes on YouTube and PlayStation Blog, but packed with excitement! 🎮

Ristifer

"State of Play focusing on indie and third-party games making the most of PS5 Pro."

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Literally

who-korath-the-pursuer.gif

I'm not even trying to be condescending. I have never heard of that dude especially as some insider source.

Here are the rest of his tweets.

Only the first one gives them any credibility IMO; the others are things anyone here or even elsewhere could have said and been 90% likely of being right. Like the features in one of the tweets are things you'd expect a new PlayStation console to have in it.

We'll see if they're right about the price point; PS4 Pro was $100 more than base PS4 back when it launched IIRC, so could repeat here when looking at the Digital models. Could be closer to a $150 difference though.

Last edited:

tmlDan

who is this person, the account was also shut down

they are already wrong about the reveal length

Last edited:

Bond007

who is this person, the account was also shut down

they are already wrong about the reveal length

Things like a length of a presentation can change.
So far everything else sounds legit and obviously the date is a big one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, hope the disc one is true- I'd wait.
Disappointing about First party if true- but it will come.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
Fake insider, he got the length of the presentation wrong.
He posted this over a week ago. Frankly, shaving 3 minute off a presentation in that time seems plausible.

But, for Sony's sake, I hope he's not legit. Because yet another shill session for irrelevant indies and turd party shovelware will not cut it.

Let's see if the upgrade will be worth it. At this price point, it is better investing on my PC and keep the base PS5 for exclusives.

Last edited:

bundylove

What a big fuck you to the fans.

Imagine. Your target group is the hardcore ps fan who wants to upgrade. And you give them 9 minutes of stinky pussy fart.

We deserve more. We deserve better.

Msamy

If they dont show any new first party games in that showcase it will mean that they dont have any new game before 2026 . Fuc. Hirman hulst

What a big fuck you to the fans.

Imagine. Your target group is the hardcore ps fan who wants to upgrade. And you give them 9 minutes of stinky pussy fart.

We deserve more. We deserve better.
If the leaks are true its not releasing until Nov this year so they have time to do more presentations.

The show tomorrow might just be a tech breakdown but a showcase could still happen before the pro launches.

I have a Samsung OLED if it supports HDR 10+ that would be awesome I was thinking about purchasing a Panasonic player so I'll just sit tight until it's confirmed

Last edited:

LordCBH

“Indies and 3rd parties”

Fuck all the way off, Herman……it’s been 4 goddamn years. Show us some first party projects already.

Edit; also DoobyVision? Support that shit for 4k discs dammit. It’s so stupid the Xbox supports it for streaming but not home media.

Last edited:
The PS5 existence to date since the first day: indies and 3rd parties

Yeah outside of Sackboy, Demon's Souls, Astrobot that just released, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Ratchet, Stellar Blade, FFVII Rebirth, console exclusive Silent Hill 2 to be released later this year, Horizon Lego, plus all the cross gen games like GOD Ragnarok, Forbidden West, etc...

Poor PS5 users

clarky

Gold Member
Let's see if the upgrade will be worth it. At this price point, it is better investing on my PC and keep the base PS5 for exclusives.
Interested to take a look, bit this is my plan also. So when stuff lile Astro Bot turns up im good to go, everything else on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom