• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: State of Play will be on September 19th, focusing on Indie and 3rd Party Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msamy

Imagine a hardware upgrade for hardcore gamers wirhour first party titles to support it until years after its release

Last edited:
Yeah outside of Sackboy, Demon's Souls, Astrobot that just released, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Ratchet, Stellar Blade, FFVII Rebirth, console exclusive Silent Hill 2 to be released later this year, Horizon Lego, plus all the cross gen games like GOD Ragnarok, Forbidden West, etc...

Poor PS5 users
Bruh. My guys asking, specifically, about first party games and you're naming a bunch of 3rd party games. Published by Sony or exclusive to Sony != First party.

This might be a hot take, but I hope this is not true. People are growing increasingly desperate to see big 1st party content from Sony, so when they show "other" games instead, they don't get near as much love.
Seems like when these shows don't have big games, smaller ones are scrutinized even more.

Unless they hid the first party games to avoid leaks or have another showing, ending the year without some big news is going to be their second bomb of the year behind Concord. They need some good news right now beyond Astrobot.

splattered

Ok so no first party titles shown and disc console gonna be upwards of $700.

Fantastic.

Pass.

Even at $600 i think i'm just gonna wait for next gen sadly. Both PS and MS.

This gen is so bleak even with slightly hardware.

Euler007

Yeah outside of Sackboy, Demon's Souls, Astrobot that just released, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Ratchet, Stellar Blade, FFVII Rebirth, console exclusive Silent Hill 2 to be released later this year, Horizon Lego, plus all the cross gen games like GOD Ragnarok, Forbidden West, etc...

Poor PS5 users
You missed Returnal, top 3 all-time game for me, been gaming since a few years before the NES launch.

ManaByte

PS5 Pro Digital arrives on Nov 14th for £499.99, The disc version arrives Dec 5th at £589.99

$650 for digital and $770 for the disc version.

OUCH

That’s $700 and $820 after tax.

Last edited:

Poor PS5 users
Many of those games you mentioned are or will also be available on another platform, are bang average or just remakes.
The only reason Sony delivered to own a PS5 just released and for many hardcore PS players Astro Bot just ain't enough.
Maybe Spider-Man 2 would be another argument but that will be available on PC soon.

In the past it was all about the games for Sony. They delivered exclusive games for their most current hardware and those games were the reasons to buy the hardware but times have changed and today they are chasing the live service money with shit like Concord.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
What the fuck

This must be fake - There is no way Sony is unveiling a new console with fucking indie trash and 3rd party open world fetch quests.

FAKE!

right????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom