• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Looks relatively fake, honestly.

jarosh

holy fuck, of course that's not real. jesus christ, people. there are about a million reasons as to why that's fake. i'm not even gonna bother listing them. that's the most pathetic fake i've ever seen.

faker even cropped his pics just above the e in "Cafe" because he didn't know if he was meant to include the french accent aigu (é), as that's how the french site reported the name. lol.

robor

Also, why are they going back to the GC controller shell? I thought the classic pro was Nintendo's best traditional controller to date.

jarosh said:
holy fuck, of course that's not real. jesus christ, people.

faker even cropped his pics just above the e in "Cafe" because he didn't know if he was meant to include the french accent aigu (é), as that's how the french site reported the name. lol.

lmao. Good observation.

Mrbob

For people saying this has to be a wand, why is that? Nintendo didn't include a GC controller with the Wii but you could still use one. If anything the success of Kinect and move show this type of controller can be sold as an add on and be successful.

poppabk said:
'suckers'?

This is what I am worried about. Looks too good to be true.

Edit: And it is fake.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
robor said:
Erp, ok....I meant why are people speculating that they will go back to the GC type controller.

It really was an evolution in button layouts though. It was designed for your thumb to feel where the buttons where.

robor

Willy105 said:
Well, everyone loves it, and they don't like too much change probably.

Huh? The Classic Pro controller was designed for those people in mind, it would seem a little strange to ditch it seeing as I feel it's their best design to date and I'm sure the designers behind it feel that way too.

ZAK

H_Prestige said:
There is more than one claim in this thread saying the new controller resembles a GC controller with a screen in the middle. One a few pages back. I haven't seen anyone mention an updated wiimote.
What do you mean by, "claims in this thread?" Just ideas that GAFers have? Those are meaningless. I've claimed there will be full first-party DD BC and I was quite explicitly talking out my ass. The only things with any weight are the reported rumors, and you can't really rely on those, either. One of the quotes in the OP talks about motion control, too, so I don't know where you're coming from when you say you've seen nothing about it. It just sounds like you're setting yourself up for disappointment. That mostly just hurts you, although the attention to your comment may have been increased by the abrasive wording of your desires...

Anyway, considering the success they've had this generation, and the spread of motion control ideas to its competitors, it's hard to imagine they would just completely abandon it.

1-D_FTW

Mrbob said:
For people saying this has to be a wand, why is that? Nintendo didn't include a GC controller with the Wii but you could still use one. If anything the success of Kinect and move show this type of controller can be sold as an add on and be successful.

This is what I am worried about. Looks too good to be true.

Edit: And it is fake.

It's basically a mockup of the most likely scenario. If we're to believe the leaks, this mockup is the most logical. Some people may not like the logic being used, but there's a well founded logic to it nonetheless.

robor

Shikamaru Ninja said:
It really was an evolution in button layouts though. It was designed for your thumb to feel where the buttons where.

Hmmm I can see that, sure. I think perhaps a fusion of the Pro shell and maybe some of the button layout from the GC controller would be pretty awesome.

Gvaz

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
Perhaps they mean 6 inches vertically?
I'm looking at my hand because it's roughly 6-7 inches long from palm to middle fingertip and that's too big.

If your screen is bigger than the Droid X it's no longer a pda/mobile device and getting into the pseudo laptop range (iPad)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Andrex said:
Ct5h2.png

BOOM THERE IT IS

Made four days ago.
That looks like two flaccid penises.
Not hardcore enough.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
agrajag said:
Those look just like Andrex's mockup!!

Nuh uh.

Gvaz said:
I'm looking at my hand because it's roughly 6-7 inches long from palm to middle fingertip and that's too big.

If your screen is bigger than the Droid X it's no longer a pda/mobile device and getting into the pseudo laptop range (iPad)

That's exactly what it's been called. iPad + controller.

Gvaz

Banned
A.KU.MU said:
Fake.

Why?

Because that's no 6" screen.
Maybe that 6" was exaggerated

Andrex said:
That's exactly what it's been called. iPad + controller.
Then I guess, at least until I see otherwise, I'm not interested in the Wii2.

Same with the 3DS. The 3D is "neat" (I've used it in person) but not $300 neat. Maybe for $40 neat. I already have an XL and that's more of what I want.

Gvaz said:

....Are we sure that this console connects to a TV?

DUN DUN DUN

BitchTits

Hope that is fake because it looks really toy-like. I think the form of the wiimote is one of the many things that drew in the casuals - a joypad with a dozen different buttons was always a daunting thing for non-gamers - something that looks like a TV remote wasn't.

wsippel

Banned
Gvaz said:

So what? You're not supposed to put the controller in your pocket and take it with you, so why would portability be an issue?

Gvaz

Banned
wsippel said:
So what? You're not supposed to put the controller in your pocket and take it with you, so why would portability be an issue?
A controller is not supposed to look like this monstrosity either.

saturn_b.jpg

wsippel

Banned
I guess the touchscreen is below the regular controls, not above or between them. Better balance and easier to reach. There's also more space at the bottom due to how your hands are angled holding a controller.

Gvaz said:
I don't really care what it looks like, as long as it's comfortable.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Been trying to figure out how game streaming would work if the screen was indeed portrait, like I hope.

4Bd2w.png

Not super efficient but it's what I came up with.

robor

Gvaz said:

[IMGhttp://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/saturn_b.jpg[/IMG]

I can just imagine the designers giggling to themselves with glee as they drew up this design with multiple crayons.

It's Nintendo's answer to a pure gaming iPad.

Bowie got it right methinks in general aesthetic. Wonder what kind of onboard power it's holding. A console that attaches to a TV with a good amount of power and a handheld touchscreen with a respectable amount.

Strange company. Wonder what else it does.

*wags tail*

wsippel

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
It's Nintendo's answer to a pure gaming iPad.

Bowie got it right methinks in general aesthetic. Wonder what kind of onboard power it's holding. A console that attaches to a TV with a good amount of power and a handheld touchscreen with a respectable amount.

Strange company. Wonder what else it does.

*wags tail*
Just enough to decode the video stream, probably.

Hm. I've been wondering if maybe the two bookends of the tablet controller (parts with the physical buttons and sticks) are somewhere attachable/detachable to the sides of the screen. Otherwise I don't know how they'd have motion/pointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom