• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero of Legend said:
nintendo-project-cafe-20110421004125347.jpg
Jesus Christ.

Hmmm, if it looks like a modern SNES perhaps the raised portion on top, instead of being the cartridge slot, would be used to charge the controller and keep the screen on standby for invites?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's the Sony PS3 wave doing in the background of that image as well?

IGN are enjoying fucking about with all this.

JasonMCG said:
90% of the things IGN has said thus far is total bullshit. That image doesn't help.

Do you have a source on that? Or are you speaking broadly, beyond the subject of Cafe/Wii2?

EDIT: Jeez, everyone is so negative about this! Why all the hate, guys?

Deku

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
I knew it was suspicious (as I said, it looked like it was simply a black SNES), but I wasn't sure if it was a mock-up I haven't seen before.

It is an SNES put through a photoshop filter.

FFS, it doesn't look like it, it IS a SNES. You can see the cartridge port and the 2 controller ports.

Seriously, I can see why IGN would take the time to photoshop it cause rabid forum posters desperate for a first look will bend their mind to want to believe something.

Calm down guys, it's just a graphic. I doubt they're trying to get anyone to believe that it's a picture of the actual system.

The lack of verifiable data has driven us all mad!

Krowley

Hero of Legend said:
I knew it was suspicious (as I said, it looked like it was simply a black SNES), but I wasn't sure if it was a mock-up I haven't seen before.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the mock up has been on their site from the beginning of all this.

I think the black shadowy SNES is actually meant to visually represent the fact that most details of the console are unknown, so it's like a blank slate. I'm pretty sure they're not especially trying to make people think they've seen the console.

Deku said:
It is an SNES put through a photoshop filter.

FFS, it doesn't look like it, it IS a SNES. You can see the cartridge port and the 2 controller ports.

Seriously, I can see why IGN would take the time to photoshop it cause rabid forum posters desperate for a first look will bend their mind to want to believe something.
So you're saying the new Nintendo definitely uses cartridges, confirmed? ???

;)

Fourth Storm said:
Calm down guys, it's just a graphic. I doubt they're trying to get anyone to believe that it's a picture of the actual system.

E3 is going to be spectacular.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lupin the Wolf said:
Do you have a source on that? Or are you speaking broadly, beyond the subject of Cafe/Wii2?

EDIT: Jeez, everyone is so negative about this! Why all the hate, guys?

Because it all comes across as people trying to seem like they know more than they do.

Going to all the trouble of photoshopping that daft image really doesn't help their cause.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Fourth Storm said:

NintendoGAF is being driven mad by 6" touchscreens and black SNES', SonyGAF has already gone insane from PSN-withdrawl, only MicrosoftGAF are safe but vulnerable after Kinect trauma.

We aren't going to make it to E3 :/

watershed

Banned
As far as that DKCR sequel rumor is concerned, is that what everyone was asking for? Because I seem to remember a lot of people (myself included) asking that they not get stuck doing another sequel like prime, prime 2, prime 3.

DKCR was great but now that they've done that I wanna see Retro try their hand at something else. Preferably F-Zero, Star Fox, or Zelda!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Fourth Storm said:
Would fit the codename to actually have the system or controller look like a coffee mug.

THAT'S IT!

Someone Photoshop a round Gamecube with the handle on its side, then make it black!

DECK'ARD said:
Because it all comes across as people trying to seem like they know more than they do.

Going to all the trouble of photoshopping that daft image really doesn't help their cause.

I choose to go with Krowley's response:

Krowley said:
I think the black shadowy SNES is actually meant to visually represent the fact that most details of the console are unknown, so it's like a blank slate. I'm pretty sure they're not especially trying to make people think they've seen the console.

Seriously, I figured they were just trying to give a visual aid to all these rumors. It doesn't even imply we've seen the console. So many IGN-haters around here, wow. I'm pretty sure they did something like this when previous systems were only rumored, too.

Would everyone have been less upset if it looked like this?

15wnrr4.jpg

And no, I'm not an IGN defender, either, I just don't get all the rabid fangs.

DECK'ARD said:
NintendoGAF is being driven mad by 6" touchscreens and black SNES', SonyGAF has already gone insane from PSN-withdrawl, only MicrosoftGAF are safe but vulnerable after Kinect trauma.

We aren't going to make it to E3 :/
just wait for the "mostly kinect focused e3" and "halo remake" rumors to come out in full force next month , no one is safe we're all gonna go insane.

I hate IGN as much as the next guy but yeah some of these comments are becoming parodies of IGN hating. They just got word of what it might be designed like and threw up their own mock up, simple as that.

So when is the Nintendo conference call thing? Is it tomorrow in eastern time? Or tuesday? Curious to see if they just decline to comment or explain some shizz.

MisterHero

personally I was addressing the talk from way earlier that it apparently looked like an SNES, not because IGN made a banner

but you know what else? Guys who say Ess-Ehn-Ee-Ess as Sness. Fuck those guys

Lupin the Wolf said:
Would everyone have been less upset if it looked like this?

I'm not upset by the original picture, but the first thing that popped in my mind upon seeing it was exactly this. I mean it's just common sense to me.

-Pyromaniac- said:
I hate IGN as much as the next guy but yeah some of these comments are becoming parodies of IGN hating. They just got word of what it might be designed like and threw up their own mock up, simple as that.

So when is the Nintendo conference call thing? Is it tomorrow in eastern time? Or tuesday? Curious to see if they just decline to comment or explain some shizz.

Seriously.

The conference had a universal date/time link earlier. I'll see if I can dig it up (tho Turbo-GAF will probably beat me to it).

EDIT: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...endo+Investors+Meeting&iso=20110426T16&p1=248

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
artwalknoon said:
As far as that DKCR sequel rumor is concerned, is that what everyone was asking for? Because I seem to remember a lot of people (myself included) asking that they not get stuck doing another sequel like prime, prime 2, prime 3.

DKCR was great but now that they've done that I wanna see Retro try their hand at something else. Preferably F-Zero, Star Fox, or Zelda!

Many others (myself included) want them to do a full DK trilogy like the Prime series.

The fun part about it is knowing that what we want means absolutely nothing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DECK'ARD said:

Again, nobody has any clue what is true and what isn't. Feel about it how you like but nobody here can unequivocally claim that "90%" of what IGN says is untrue.

Plinko said:
Many others (myself included) want them to do a full DK trilogy like the Prime series.

For Retro's sake, I would like them to not have to be stuck on the same franchise year after year after year. That would drive me...well...bananas.
I'm sorry.

EDIT: Plinko: No-one ...except JasonMCG, anyway.

Lupin the Wolf said:
For Retro's sake, I would like them to not have to be stuck on the same franchise year after year after year. That would drive me...well...bananas.
I'm sorry.

i'd like to believe they aren't being stuck/forced to do anything.I mean didn't they have enough input at nintendo to convince them to create the nunchuk attachment for metroid or whatever?

watershed

Banned
Plinko said:

Don't get me wrong, DKCR is a great game but a trilogy takes what 4 to 6 years? I want to see them move around with genres and IPs instead of being stuck making the same kind of games over and over.

Luigison

This SNES talk got me wondering about the price of Blu-ray and DVD vs. solid state memory chips like the 3DS uses. Could we possible be going full circle in the future? Imagine the reaction if Nintendo went BACK to cartridges/chips in a home console.

DoomXploder7 said:
i'd like to believe they aren't being stuck/forced to do anything.

As would I, but....I dunno. I just hope they're happy and enjoying working on whatever they're working on at any given time at this point.

EDIT: On a related note, if it's DKCR2, I won't be on board. I didn't buy the first one because it wasn't my cup of tea. Metroid is only vaguely up my alley, but I haven't finished any of them yet. I would like them to work on something I will play and enjoy more than the others.

Plinko

artwalknoon said:
Don't get me wrong, DKCR is a great game but a trilogy takes what 4 to 6 years? I want to see them move around with genres and IPs instead of being stuck making the same kind of games over and over.

I'm a bit puzzled by the idea that making a successful game series would be considered "being stuck." If the games are successful, what makes you think that the guys at Retro don't want to do the series? It makes them look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom