• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

okno

"It's not personnel? It's drag." absolutely SLAYED me.

Alaska as a whole just completely killed it. Her runway was absolutely E V E R Y T H I N G. I couldn't stop laughing at the reveal, and the look worked so well as a whole.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
hate her or not, phi phi should have won that lipsync
I wasn't a fan of Alaska's runway either. Her first "look" was literally nothing

royalan

I wasn't a fan of Alaska's runway either. Her first "look" was literally nothing

Agreed, and I like Alaska.

That was a "reveal." It wasn't two outfits in one, which was the challenge. Hell, she couldn't even walk it.

Roxxxy slayed it tho.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Agreed, and I like Alaska.

That was a "reveal." It wasn't two outfits in one, which was the challenge. Hell, she couldn't even walk it.

Roxxxy slayed it tho.

aye
roxxy's runway >>>>
but her performance <<<<<

Katya could have done so much more with her reveal and second outfit

Shizuka

For better or for worse, even if I agree that Phi Phi should've won the lipsync, it was good that she didn't. They made it look like she hated Alyssa for a few episodes, the Internet would come crashing had she sent Alyssa home.

mantidor

I'm pretty sure it was a callback to this

alaska.jpg

I didn't get it at first because I had a potato quality stream and it indeed looked like nothing, but watching it in HD you can tell there is a veil and everything.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wore new my signed Bob shirt today for a neighborhood street festival (Spoilers: I'm crazy about it). Got stopped a couple of times by fans of the show that, well, you wouldn't expect them to be. It warms my heart to see how recognizable this show has become.

Update: I got stopped by a lady who asked if the person on my shirt was "Missy Elliott"

mantidor

One day a queen will release a video without half naked boys and the world will end. At least Detox's has a bit more varied body types.

i don't understand omg

can you explain

I missed this before, the dub is simply atrocious.

I liked the brazilian dub, it was hilarious, this one is just cringy.

Rayis

Phi Phi claims she wants to make music as a boy because drag doesn't define her, she defines drag, honestly, even with all her rants, persecution complex and abrasive personality, I still like her and sympathize a bit with her, I did even back when I watched season 4.

Tritroid

I think Phi Phi still has a bitter core. Chad said it right at the finale of season 4 when he pointed out that Phi Phi went after Willam personally, not his drag or performances, which is a pretty nasty attitude to have on the show.

In Allstars, he's doing his best to cover it up, but it still shines through at particular points, like the "And Roxxy has no choice but to follow me..." line.

mantidor

I'm done with PhiPhi as well, I sided with her at first but she just doesn't shut up and listen. Reading an interview with Alyssa she brought a really important point: yes, you can't control your edit on the show, but you can control your edit on social media, and PhiPhi's is just an absolute mess. Her victim complex is too strong and the way she cheaply uses it to gather sympathy is just awful. Not going to the reunion is just so unprofessional. Her edit again is not even that bad, they went to special lengths to give her a "moment" about all the hate she had on social media and called out all those assholes and their problems. She won, everyone praised her. That little rant about Alyssa was honestly not that terrible. Assholes on the internet will always be assholes on the internet, PhiPhi is no special snowflake here, all the queens have received all kinds of shit.

Razmos

PhiPhi is an awful person and this was plainly obvious to me in season 4, and she hasn't changed at all.

Her talent has definitely improved but she's still a fucking bitch.

mantidor

Being a bitch is not even a bad thing in this industry, many fan favorites are unapologetic bitches, its about owning it.

royalan

Being a bitch is not even a bad thing in this industry, many fan favorites are unapologetic bitches, its about owning it.

Yep.

People forget that while Tyra was definitely insufferable, Raven was actually the bitch of her season. And she went on to be one of the most popular Queens from season 2.

Phi Phi is not only a bitch, but she somehow manages to become even bitchier in her quest to make people see her as not a bitch.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not to mention Roxxxy, who got increasingly venomous in her season, has been able to rise above it so far in All Starts. I couldn't stand her by the end of season 5, but I'm ok with her now. She knows the edit needs material and she's being smart about it.

I don't even have a problem with Phi Phi, but she knows how all of this works. Part of the fandom overreacting always sucks though, it would be good if people could calm their asses down. She's been getting a lot of support on twitter from what I've seen, so that's good too.

Razmos

I think Tyra still takes the cake as most irritating queen tho. Phi Phi is just about getting there but Tyra is unreal.

Absolutely awful.
Yeah out of all the winners I loved them all except Tyra. She was talented but just awful.

For every other season the girl I wanted to win, won, so I'm quite happy overall.

Tritroid

Is it just me or does it seem like they're already handing the crown to Alaska on a silver spoon? She literally can do no wrong, even the judges (with Michelle claiming they're going to be harsher than ever after the Adore fiasco) will make 1 small negative comment on Alaska's performances/runways during critiques, but then joke and laugh with her almost as if she's there as exhibition.

Don't get me wrong, I like Alaska, but it's like she's already being setup to win.

Yeah out of all the winners I loved them all except Tyra. She was talented but just awful.

For every other season the girl I wanted to win, won, so I'm quite happy overall.
same, there were some winners I was just eh on (bob being one of them... I don't like his style but I really like his activism and he is funny as hell) but Tyra getting the crown was honestly a mistake imo.

it's also interesting that they've never crowned anyone as awful again.

KiN0

Is it just me or does it seem like they're already handing the crown to Alaska on a silver spoon? She literally can do no wrong, even the judges (with Michelle claiming they're going to be harsher than ever after the Adore fiasco) will make 1 small negative comment on Alaska's performances/runways during critiques, but then joke and laugh with her almost as if she's there as exhibition.

Don't get me wrong, I like Alaska, but it's like she's already being setup to win.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Regardless of what she does, she always gets positive comments; I wouldn't even call them critiques at this point. She's kind of like Bianca in s6. Really polished and entertaining, but in the context of the competition, she's a little boring and one note.

Shizuka

As much as I love Alaska, there have already been two times where she was spared or favored by the show: she would've been bottom three with Ginger and Katya during the lypsinc extravaganza and Phi Phi should've won the lypsinc last week.

Rayis

What's the significance of Courtney being there? Is she not on good terms with Willam anymore? Are the American Apparel Girls no longer? I think I get why Carmen is there and obviously Phi Phi.

Sydle

As much as I love Alaska, there have already been two times where she was spared or favored by the show: she would've been bottom three with Ginger and Katya during the lypsinc extravaganza and Phi Phi should've won the lypsinc last week.

Totally disagree. Alaska is far more entertaining to watch because you're never quite sure what you're going to get, but it's likely to make you crack a smile at the very least and leave a lasting impression.

Phi Phi is not funny, sweet, charming, or even somewhat likable. Her drag is better these days, but her personality ruins it.

Shizuka

Totally disagree. Alaska is far more entertaining to watch because you're never quite sure what you're going to get, but it's likely to make you crack a smile at the very least and leave a lasting impression.

Phi Phi is not funny, sweet, charming, or even somewhat likable. Her drag is better these days, but her personality ruins it.

Lipsyncs aren't about personality off-stage, it's about the lipsync. There have been queens spared from elimination that didn't have a lot of personality, but performed better during the lipsync.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What's the significance of Courtney being there? Is she not on good terms with Willam anymore? Are the American Apparel Girls no longer? I think I get why Carmen is there and obviously Phi Phi.
People who have spoken against Drag Race. Carmen over the use of "She-Mail" , Phiphi the editing, Willam enough of things from the show he has talked about and Courtney was talking about how he stepped out of the box with some looks and still got called for relying on his body or something along those lines.

Shizuka

People who have spoken against Drag Race. Carmen over the use of "She-Mail" , Phiphi the editing, Willam enough of things and Courtney was talking about how he stepped out of the box with some looks and still got called for relying on his bodyor something along those lines.

Courtney got involved because of the "she-mail" incident as well.

Sydle

Lipsyncs aren't about personality off-stage, it's about the lipsync. There have been queens spared from elimination that didn't have a lot of personality, but performed better during the lipsync.

You don't think they're about who provides the most entertainment value? Who demands your attention more?

Phi Phi's performance was basic. I don't agree with the notion she did better than Alaska.

Shizuka

You don't think they're about who provides the most entertainment value? Who demands your attention more?

Phi Phi's performance was basic. I don't agree with the notion she did better than Alaska.

It was all about the lipsync. There is never an absolute winner, unless you're ChiChi, but all Alaska did on stage was flip her fingers and open her mouth. It didn't even match the song.

Rayis

People who have spoken against Drag Race. Carmen over the use of "She-Mail" , Phiphi the editing, Willam enough of things from the show he has talked about and Courtney was talking about how he stepped out of the box with some looks and still got called for relying on his body or something along those lines.

Ohhh, I get it now, thanks for the explanation.

Loving the fact that Ru and producers totally used got 2 b real cause of that YouTube parody series.

I literally discovered that series just yesterday and I was howling, also, it's just a great song in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom