• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Violet Chachki (WIN, HIGH, SAFE)
1) Ginger Minj (SAFE, WIN, HIGH) +1

3) Max (SAFE, SAFE, WIN) +3

4) Mrs Kasha Davis (SAFE, HIGH, HIGH) -1

5) Miss Fame (HIGH, LOW, HIGH)

6) Trixie Mattell (SAFE, SAFE, HIGH)
6) Jaidynn Diore Fierce (SAFE, SAFE, HIGH)

8) Kennedy Davenport (HIGH, SAFE, BTM2) -5
8) Pearl (SAFE, SAFE, LOW) -3

10) Katya (SAFE, BTM2, SAFE) +2
10) Kandy Ho (BTM2, SAFE, SAFE) +2

mantidor

It annoys me a little the people who think Mik was vindicated with the last runway, she was read not because of the beard but because the beard was terrible.

zeopower6

The gowns were crippling both of them onstage.

If that's the case you get the gown OFF.

Also Jasmine was never planning on trying in her lipsync.

"IF I HAVE 2 IMA GO UP THERE AND NOT EVEN MOVE MY LIPS NO SIR"

The prizes have gotten better with each season. They even managed to grab a high end makeup brand this time around.

They actually scaled back on prizes. Now it's only the cash prize + 1 year of makeup as opposed to a lifetime's supply and the Al and Chuck thing among other prizes.

They actually scaled back on prizes. Now it's only the cash prize + 1 year of makeup as opposed to a lifetime's supply and the Al and Chuck thing among other prizes.

Honestly, I know everyone was living for Jasmine's gown, but I don't see what all the fuss was. It looked like an old, basic lady's idea of "sophisticated."

Still, it's a shame she got so much hate on twitter...

KiN0

My bad.

zeopower6

Honestly, I know everyone was living for Jasmine's gown, but I don't see what all the fuss was. It looked like an old, basic lady's idea of "sophisticated."

Still, it's a shame she got so much hate on twitter...

It was a well made gown but nothing earth shattering. I guess it was cause it fit perfectly and shet.

Interesting to note, Chad Michaels' hubby made it and makes a lot of the queens' outfits including all of Chad's basically. (Adam McGee)

Here are the prizes for all previous seasons + All Stars:

Season 1 - $20,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, LA Eyeworks campaign, and a lifetime supply of MAC Cosmetics
Season 2 - $25,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, PR representation by LGBT firm Project Publicity, LA Eyeworks campaign, and a lifetime supply of NYX Cosmetics while being the face of NYXcosmetics.com,
Season 3 - $75,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, and a lifetime supply of Kryolan Cosmetics
Season 4 - $100,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, a one of kind trip, and a lifetime supply of NYX Cosmetics
Season 5 - $100,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, a one of kind trip, and a lifetime supply of Colorevolution Cosmetics
All Stars - $100,000, a one of a kind trip, and a supply of MAC Cosmetics
Season 6 - $100,000 and a supply of Colorevolution cosmetics
Season 7 - $100,000 and a year of Anastasia Cosmetics

Sharon's season probably had the best prize selection.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wow
tumblr_inline_nldqfns5x81r78woc_500.png

KiN0

It was a well made gown but nothing earth shattering. I guess it was cause it fit perfectly and shet.

Interesting to note, Chad Michaels' hubby made it and makes a lot of the queens' outfits including all of Chad's basically. (Adam McGee)

Here are the prizes for all previous seasons + All Stars:

Season 1 - $20,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, LA Eyeworks campaign, and a lifetime supply of MAC Cosmetics
Season 2 - $25,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, PR representation by LGBT firm Project Publicity, LA Eyeworks campaign, and a lifetime supply of NYX Cosmetics while being the face of NYXcosmetics.com,
Season 3 - $75,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, and a lifetime supply of Kryolan Cosmetics
Season 4 - $100,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, a one of kind trip, and a lifetime supply of NYX Cosmetics
Season 5 - $100,000, headlining Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut, a one of kind trip, and a lifetime supply of Colorevolution Cosmetics
All Stars - $100,000, a one of a kind trip, and a supply of MAC Cosmetics
Season 6 - $100,000 and a supply of Colorevolution cosmetics
Season 7 - $100,000 and a year of Anastasia Cosmetics

Sharon's season probably had the best prize selection.
Wow. I did not realize prizes had been reduced so drastically. What happened with Absolut?

royalan

Wow. I did not realize prizes had been reduced so drastically. What happened with Absolut?

Logo happened. Drag Race can't do everything, and the rumor is Absolut just wasn't gaining anything from partnering with the network, so they pulled all their promotional efforts from the network.

Raja is even better than Manila IMO (watch Raja Drawja episodes), but Manila's fashion illustrations of all the looks she did on the show are pretty great. Manila worked at a graphic design firm or something until she took up drag full time. A lot of her stuff was at Barnes and Noble and Bed Bath and Beyond(ce).

Yeah, I just barely got into Raja Drawja and I'm definitely loving what I"m seeing.
They should both set up art blogs.
:p

KiN0

Logo happened. Drag Race can't do everything, and the rumor is Absolut just wasn't gaining anything from partnering with the network, so they pulled all their promotional efforts from the network.

I wouldn't want my brand of judgment and responsibility-killing vodka sandwiched in between HIV awareness ads 24/7.

Thanks. I guess I figured the show would be getting more sponsors since it's gotten gotten more popular.

Episode 4 has leaked, so stay off of the Drag Race tags on Twitter/Tumblr etc if you want to wait to see it in actual good quality as opposed to messy slideshow

Gradon

I just watched the episode 4 leak.

Obv spoilers.

EDIT: About who leaves and stuff.

wat. I thought Pearl was sure to go home. I'm annoyed that Kandy didn't, she deserved to go...

Rayis

It's getting to the point that all the queens I like are going home and the queens I don't like are doing well in the challenges and staying

edited out spoilers cuz it can be discussed tomorrow

Rayis

As a singer, this week's challenge made me cringe, these girls needed some vocal lessons badly, lol at Miss Fame's shade at her saying she was the best voice

Trixie no D; though I honestly preferred Pearl over her tbh, send Kandy Ho home next week plz

Episode 4 spoiler:

Kandy got lucky she got on the team that did well. I love Pearl but she deserved to be in the bottom 2 and Trixie killed that lipsync.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Is there a way to watch these episode without the fucking bonuses spoiling everything?

The Logo TV app is the worst. Every bonus is out way before the actual episode.

KiN0

Luciane looked quite handsome tonight.

Same with miss fame. I never thought much of her boy side but without the cap he looks really good.

zeopower6

Luciane looked quite handsome tonight.

Same with miss fame. I never thought much of her boy side but without the cap he looks really good.

Miss Fame was a high fashion boy model (Kurtis Dam-Mikkelsen) before becoming Miss Fame ;D Definitely a different side of him in his boy look... some queens just look weird as boys but he looks fine.

Rayis

I think this is the season with the most attractive boys out of drag, Fame, Pearl, Trixie, Katya, Max and Violet are all cute out of drag imo

I feel bad for Pearl. You can tell she's trying and that she wants to please, but her entire aura just seems super incompatible with the hyperactive, larger-than-life atmosphere this show trades in.

She has shades of Adore's sardonic attitude, but none of her frenzied charisma. I love her, but her days are numbered, and that saddens me :-( ...

...because Boy Pearl is pure eye candy :p

I'd eat a lavender cake off of Violet's ass.
That's a nice shapely ladyboy butt.
:p

Anyways, that was a fun episode overall imo.
I really liked the idea of the main challenge, and some of the queens surprised me with how funny they were.
(*Performance Spoilers)
Jaidynn
was surprisingly entertaining as
Bianca
, she was really feelin' her gig and serving those signature "Bitch...are you serious??" expressions. I loved it, I hope she can bring more of that to the table in later episodes.
Kenndy
kind of pulled a Trinity this challenge, she was really funny and fun to watch. Again, hoping for more of that this season.
Violet
was also surprisingly funny in this episode, I liked her little quip (
Violet is almost like bizarro Adore when you think about it.
) with Michelle during the main challenge and she was a pretty funny in her role.

(*lip sync/elimination spoilers)
Trixie was feelin' it in the lip sync, it seems like she put a lot of passion behind her performance; I wish she was serving glamour and camp that hard before her elimination because I would've been team Trixie day #1. Also Pearl needs to get it together, I want the energy she put into that lip sync to get into her regular performances.

Monocle

You know what, Trixie won that lip sync, no question. I'm glad Pearl is staying, mostly because boy Pearl is hot (v. important as you all know). But also because I feel like Pearl hasn't shown what she's capable of, and Trixie is kind of underwhelming overall. Tonight though... Trixie turned it out. The scripted aspect of RPDR was not so subtle here.

I feel bad for Pearl. You can tell she's trying and that she wants to please, but her entire aura just seems super incompatible with the hyperactive, larger-than-life atmosphere this show trades in.

She has shades of Adore's sardonic attitude, but none of her frenzied charisma. I love her, but her days are numbered, and that saddens me :-( ...

...because Boy Pearl is pure eye candy :p
Yeah, this competition isn't really her scene. Unless she can break out of her super low key persona, she'll be gone soon. I just need couple more weeks' worth of Pearlface gifs. Give us that much at least, Ru.

KiN0

You know what, Trixie won that lip sync, no question. I'm glad Pearl is staying, mostly because boy Pearl is hot (v. important as you all know). But also because I feel like Pearl hasn't shown what she's capable of, and Trixie is kind of underwhelming overall. Tonight though... Trixie turned it out. The scripted aspect of RPDR was not so subtle here.

Yeah, this competition isn't really her scene. Unless she can break out of her super low key persona, she'll be gone soon. I just need couple more weeks' worth of Pearlface gifs. Give us that much at least, Ru.

Well, alot of pearl's appeal-for me at least- is how out of place she is in the challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom