• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A top 3 can do more harm than good for some queens (poor Roxxxy).

Yeah...(as a big fan of this queen) I'm honestly glad Courtney's time in the top 3 didn't seem to effect her too terribly...I mean, being branded as the "dull but really pretty" one isn't anywhere near as bad as being seen as a cruel bitchy bully.
Roxxxy and Phi Phi still get a lot of (imho) unwanted hate thrown at them from their time in the competition.
I've read somewhere that people used to throw things (like things that could potentially harm her) at Phi Phi at her stage gigs after drag race.

Monocle

Thrilled with the eliminations so far. The only remaining queens I'm tired of are Jaidynn, Kandy, and Ginger. They all need to go before anyone else. The worst case scenario that I might be OK with: Jaidynn and Kandy go (ASAP), Ginger eliminates Violet (hope not, even though Violet's personality is grating), then Ginger leaves the following week.

Max, Katya, and Pearl need to make at least top 4. If Ginger lasts longer than any of them it'll be an outrage.

(As of right now) I don't really wanna see Pearl make it to the tail end of the competition...or Katya for that matter.
I know people have boners for the two of them, but I honestly don't think their best has been the best in this competition so far. They've been consistently outshined in a lot of areas. Plus I'm really not a fan of Pearl's attitude most of the time.
I really like Katya's personality though, and I think she's absolutely (and somewhat surprisingly) gorgeous; if she makes it to the snatch game and does really well I'll easily jump on her train.
Also if I can say one good thing about P so far, I'd say that she can be very pretty at times. Like, I loved her look this episode...but other that...I'm not her biggest fan.

Really I'm just hoping Violet (she's consistently gorgeous, and she's a stonecold lovable bitch imo; the look she gave JDF in Untucked was amazing and her non-chalant response to their "you're kind of a bitch..." comments was great. I can see how some may not like her, but I think she's great) and Max (finally, a polished quirky queen with a cool level head and confidence. Plus her prudishness is adorbs) make it really far; I don't know who I personally want the other queens to be though...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
im confused, why was miss fame not read for filth for just standing on that stage and doing absolutely nothing?
violet said everything and the judges didnt even mention

Either way no standouts from this week. It's quite a hard challenge to be fair because lord knows most presenters absolutely flop at awards show

Ru's look was horrid this week too

Monocle

I think this episode more than any other showed there's more to Pearl than her "over it" facade. She came across a sensitive person who acts unbothered as a defense mechanism. She stepped up her game with the award show outfit, enough that she didn't look out of place next to Max (which is an achievement if you ask me, because Max can do high glamor, while I'm generally not impressed by Pearl's aesthetic). She seemed more earnest and uninhibited after her moment with Ru. Of all the queens, Pearl displays the most potential to grow in this season.

Agreed that Ru's look wasn't the best tonight, but one thing I did like was the seemingly off-the-cuff moment during the judge intro where she joked about pulling a death drop right there on the runway. Fun to see that in a segment that's usually so scripted and down to business.

zeopower6

Agreed that Ru's look wasn't the best tonight, but one thing I did like was the seemingly off-the-cuff moment during the judge intro where she joked about pulling a death drop right there on the runway. Fun to see that in a segment that's usually so scripted and down to business.

I really want to see her do that one day...

im confused, why was miss fame not read for filth for just standing on that stage and doing absolutely nothing?
violet said everything and the judges didnt even mention

Either way no standouts from this week. It's quite a hard challenge to be fair because lord knows most presenters absolutely flop at awards show

Ru's look was horrid this week too

Of course Fame said some jokes. Drag Race editors suck as usual.

Yado

I thought that chicken noise was something they edited in
KuGsj.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Of course Fame said some jokes. Drag Race editors suck as usual.

why give the girl a shady edit that makes it seem like she just stood there and did nothing, then go on to show the judges giving her praise and saying shes funny
shit makes no sense

kirblar

why give the girl a shady edit that makes it seem like she just stood there and did nothing, then go on to show the judges giving her praise and saying shes funny
shit makes no sense
False suspense- Kasha/Kandy knew they were 100% the B2 there, but they don't want the viewers to know that gong into a commercial.

Rayis

Cannot believe this untucked made me shed a few tears, it made me soften on Ginger.

Also, Fame is amazing, she's sickening and pretty while at the same time being so silly and down-to-earth, you wouldn't think that because of how pretty she is.

I really like this season so far personally.

That Untucked made me like Every. Single. Queen of this season.Yes, even Miss Kennedy Davenport lol. I actually get where she was coming from, and that was sweet how she handled Violet.

Loving Miss Fame now too lol.

It was so obvious who was going home today from the intro, I hate when they do that.

That staredown between Ru and Pearl, yikes I really felt for Pearl, it's not easy being told you're not giving something when you think you're trying your best.

KiN0

Wow, miss fame went crazy towards the end of that one, but I'm happy she's showing some emotion. I was worried she'd end up another courtney.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Favorite moment of the night:

bpCWRLS.gif

Ru looked stunning last night. A close second was Pearl— form the dress to the hair to her painted face and titties. I'm always impressed.

I wasn't surprised by the top 2 honestly. Pearl and Max weren't high-larious but they were the better team. Katya got dragged by Kasha, Minj got dragged by Kandy, and Fame got dragged by Violet.

Bottom 2 was also expected, but I won't lie sisters I sorta lived for that energetic LSFYL. Kasha won it for me, but I'm not sad to see her go.

Oh wait I just remembered Kennedy and Jayden.

Exactly.

Next.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wow, miss fame went crazy towards the end of that one, but I'm happy she's showing some emotion. I was worried she'd end up another courtney.

She's starting to show a goofy, oblivious side but it's only a fart compared to the likes of Alyssa Edwards who mastered it. I'm not even sure there's enough episode for her to catch up.

zeopower6

She's starting to show a goofy, oblivious side but it's only a fart compared to the likes of Alyssa Edwards who mastered it. I'm not even sure there's enough episode for her to catch up.

She's probably the black horse of humor in S7, lol. But looking at all seasons, she's like Pandora level. (aka barely funny)

I kinda sorta felt bad for Kasha but then she started to be all snippy in Untucked about how "OTHER QUEENS WERE OVER IT OR WERE SPOKEN TO THE WAY THEY WANTED TO" etc etc... and I was not having it. Like wtf?

THIS
DRESS
WAS
DOLLARS

This Untucked recap gives me LIFE

http://diamondcrowneddelano.tumblr.com/post/115135085923/rpdr-7-ep-5-untucked-review

A taste:

royalan

I'm ready for the group challenges to be done.

I can't remember if any other season had this many group challenges back-to-back, and maybe they did, but it feels like a lot this time around.

zeopower6

I'm ready for the group challenges to be done.

I can't remember if any other season had this many group challenges back-to-back, and maybe they did, but it feels like a lot this time around.

Early on they usually have a few and then Snatch Game is usually where it splits off into solo.

ABOUT CHALLENGES AND STUFF:
Next week is another team challenge. >_> Snatch Game onward should be ALL solo.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
After watching Untucked I just can't take more of Kennedy. That slow-mo shit-stirrer has no redeeming qualities as far as TV is concerned. Bitch put a cork in it.

Almost felt bad for Violet after the pile on.

royalan

I'm watching the episode now, and gurls what were you talking about with Ru's look being busted?

This is easily one of my favorite looks she's ever done.

zeopower6

Probably people not used to seeing Ru in that hair and in just one shiny color as opposed to a bunch of colors/gradients.

Pearl: That doesn't make me feel good or give me confidence.
RuPaul: ???

I mean, really? Ru is trying to get you to step up your game and all you can do is feel attacked? She says you don't have a big personality and you read it as no personality, ffs. Pearl is clearly accustomed to skating on looks both in and out of drag. Beyond over it; She has a great look and I was excited about what seemed like a clever, droll queen but it turns out she has a shit hole of a personality and is rapidly becoming a Tyra-level asshole. Just awful.

That said. Katya continues to be hilarious and on point with her wit and I'm glad for the bottom two and elimination although I'd have been happier if Pearl had never come back from her meltdown over not being coddled.

Aside from Katya, a pretty dreadful cast this season. Maybe a few of the queens could pool their resources and come up with like a personality and a quarter or so to share.

zeopower6

Pearl: That doesn't make me feel good or give me confidence.
RuPaul: ???

I mean, really? Ru is trying to get you to step up your game and all you can do is feel attacked? She says you don't have a big personality and you read it as no personality, ffs. Pearl is clearly accustomed to skating on looks both in and out of drag. Beyond over it; She has a great look and I was excited about what seemed like a clever, droll queen but it turns out she has a shit hole of a personality and is rapidly becoming a Tyra-level asshole. Just awful.

She did say she was used to being the 'shit' where she is. This last episode was probably the beginning of the Pearl redemption arc. So far it looks as though they are giving her the "oh my god she is going to come out of this with a personality!@?!?!" edit.

I don't think anyone in this cast is an asshole at all... maybe Kennedy because she's a bitter old bitch though.

She did say she was used to being the 'shit' where she is.

I don't think anyone in this cast is an asshole at all... maybe Kennedy because she's a bitter old bitch though.

Kennedy, yes.

Pearl... anyone who responds to fairly mild criticism (that's meant to help) with "that doesn't make me feel good" seems like an ass to me.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Kennedy, yes.

Pearl... anyone who responds to fairly mild criticism (that's meant to help) with "that doesn't make me feel good" seems like an ass to me.
Pearl seems to have a low self esteem, so it wouldn't be hard to understand if she misunderstood the criticism.

In any case, I think she did well in the challenge, though these comedy ones are always gravely edited.

Nope. Ru got it wrong, again.
To be honest, I don't think Kasha would have gone on that much further in the competition.

zeopower6

It doesn't really seem assholish especially since she realized that she needed to be told to get her head out of her ass post-critique. Now, if she kept blaming the judges and saying that it was because they were being so rough on her that she didn't perform (which didn't happen since she won with MAX) then maybe I would agree that Pearl is an ass in this case.

The way I heard what she was saying was "I need to be motivated by positive vibes, not by being told that I'm a dull empty shell of a drag queen" not "you're not giving me a tonguebath so eff off!" and it could just be because she's a relatively new queen used to being praised all the time.

To be honest, I don't think Kasha would have gone on that much further in the competition.

I would be VERY surprised if Kandy or Jaidynn last longer than any of the other girls left. Kind of surprised Jaidynn has yet to be in the bottom.

royalan

All the girls leaving right now are early season fodder who never stood a chance in hell at even the top 6 let alone the top 3, so I'm not upset by any of the eliminations. It does suck a bit though, because Kandy has been performing so poorly. She really needs to go.

Don't see her surviving next week, though.

Wilsongt

Pearl seems to have a low self esteem, so it wouldn't be hard to understand if she misunderstood the criticism.

In any case, I think she did well in the challenge, though these comedy ones are always gravely edited.

Kandy is bringing nothing to the competition, though. I don't see why they are using her for elimination LFYL fodder. Coco did a much better job of filling that role.

zeopower6

Kandy is bringing nothing to the competition, though. I don't see why they are using her for elimination LFYL fodder. Coco did a much better job of filling that role.

Probably because she's just barely above bottom 2 each time a bit like Jaidynn but Jaidynn is delivering slightly more than Kandy is.

I'm really surprised they didn't keep Trixie. Trixie in this challenge or next week's would be a lot more interesting to see than whatever Kandy ends up doing.

Matt_

I'm watching the episode now, and gurls what were you talking about with Ru's look being busted?

This is easily one of my favorite looks she's ever done.

I had no idea the consensus was that she looked busted. WTF?

but she looked like she was wearing a bin bag spray painted gold

I would be VERY surprised if Kandy or Jaidynn last longer than any of the other girls left. Kind of surprised Jaidynn has yet to be in the bottom.
Jaidynn will go the first time she lipsyncs unless it's against Kandy - 3 strikes and you're out for her, PLEASE let that be next week. I love Jaidynn's face in drag, her eyes and smile pop, she's like chibi-Chaka Khan, but her drag does nothing for me, seems like a lot of leotards, tights and shoulder pads.

Kennedy rubs me the wrong way. Sometimes I like her in drag, that green thing with the bride of Frankenstein hair from the first episode, one episode she had like a hood or something on, she has a late 80s/early 90s house diva vibe, like a more fem Vivacious, but her attitude with the others is a little cunty to me.

I think Pearl is getting a coming out her shell edit, from here on out I think they will show her as stronger and I expect her to have secured a top 3 spot. I miss Trixie though.

zeopower6

Kennedy rubs me the wrong way. Sometimes I like her in drag, that green thing with the bride of Frankenstein hair from the first episode, one episode she had like a hood or something on, she has a late 80s/early 90s house diva vibe, like a more fem Vivacious, but her attitude with the others is a little cunty to me.

When I see Kennedy on screen, all I remember is her pube-y beard. How in the hell did no one critique that?

mantidor

I had no idea the consensus was that she looked busted. WTF?

Yeah a friend was the same, but I actually liked Ru's dress, she's had worse for sure.

That Pearl stand off though D: Max stole everyone's thoughts, that was indeed very unconfortable.

And why is Kandy still in this!? Urgh

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah a friend was the same, but I actually liked Ru's dress, she's had worse for sure.

That Pearl stand off though D: Max stole everyone's thoughts, that was indeed very unconfortable.

And why is Kandy still in this!? Urgh

Ru should have gone off on Pearl for that tbh. I guess that was part of the scripted drama of the show.

Ugh, I hated this episode. Not sure if I can put spoilers on blast but I think it's bullshit that
Katya
was eliminated.

Ru was dead wrong for that. Candy imo is weak and she is still getting by. The fact that pearl did step it up (even though I never thought she was weak in the first place) and candy can just continue with her quinceanera dresses and weak personality is astounding to me.

Maybe it's me but sometimes I feel like old queens don't really get a chance you know. Oh well.

I felt really bad for violet, her lashing. I feel like she is shady but it's a defense mechanism because maybe she's insecure but I don't think she is rude. I think Kennedy definitely takes the cake. She's unnecessary shady all the time and not in a good way. She slightly annoys me with her I've-been-there-done-that-attitude. Like bye, let the other Queens live and be messy. She always has something to say about somebody else when she isn't so perfect herself. Ehhh..

mantidor

Ru should have gone off on Pearl for that tbh. I guess that was part of the scripted drama of the show.

I don't entirely disagree with Pearl though, and until the "is there something on my face" part she wasn't being rude. Ru was being a bit shady calling Max a bigger personality than her when Max isn't a very big personality to begin with.

You can tell she has far more to offer than anyone in the bottom two, which is why Ru is keeping her.

Ugh, I hated this episode. Not sure if I can put spoilers on blast but I think it's bullshit that
Katya
was eliminated.
Um, did we watch the same episode?

EDIT: I read that post so quickly that I skipped past the spoiler part since I assumed "I hated this episode" meant a spoiler for "this [week's] episode."

-___-

this thread gerls. icant, simply and truly

EDIT 2: Never mind, the "old queens" part (which is totally true by the way) shows it was a typo. Proceed, governor.

The show gets progressively less and less friendly to older workhorse queens I'll admit that. Kasha Davis would have ruled season 2, for example. Now that the runway presentations have become so over the top, and the judges expect much more versatilty than the established queens are used to pulling out, and it's because the older you get the more fine tuned your aesthetic is. You're not interested in being a jack of all trades because you've worked so hard at perfecting your specific look.

I won't say that Kasha didn't disappoint in the challenges, because I KNOW she could have done better. She psyched herself up a bit and it showed. And Kandy DID win that lipsync fair and square, but it's too bad that you can't take earlier performance into consideration during a lipsync. Kasha's never even been bottom 3 until this episode, and Kandy's been pretty much bottom or safe.

Given Trixie and Kasha are gone but Kandy's still in means that the rankings don't really matter all that much. All that matters is that the top 5 or 6 has the strongest individuals, and so far we're on the right track.

Kandy's definitely not long for this, and I don't see Fame making it past the next two eps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom