• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

I really hope they cut back on the acting challenges next season, they have been the dullest thing this season and it wasn't like they didn't have competition on that front.

It feels like we've had one every week except the first.
I suspect we're getting them because they're cheap- but the thing is, they had things like the exercise videos in S3 that would be way, way better at letting people do things besides read crappy lines.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
kiii @ kennedy being a two faced little coward in untucked
Miss "im not pulling a face because anythings wrong and if I had something to say I'd say it" but let me go and bitch a moan in confessionals
the cheek of her coming for anyone for not being prepared when she shows up in that fucking disaster

Ive never been here for bitter or jaded queens. Didn't like it when roxy did it, didnt like it when phiphi did it and I'm not liking it when Kennedy, ginger and kandy sit around and do nothing but bitch and moan

You think you're better then be better and send them home and stop fucking crying about it

I've had enough of Kennedy for weeks now. I don't know how she can criticize anyone this week because she had the shittiest look on the stage - it was basically the cut price version of CoCo Montrese's bodyparts look, it was terrible.

When they were going for Pearl I think it showed the limit of Kennedy and Ginger's imagination - I got Pearl's look and thought it was one of the best in tems of concept and execution. Yes it wasn't rhinestones and feathers, but that's not everything Miss Davenport.

Max was elegant but I think her simple make-up and lack of eyes lets down an otherwise great look, it leaves an incomplete illusion for me. I kind of felt for Jaidynn - her confessionals are annoying, like she's trying to get them gif'ed, but I just love how her face pops in drag - I got her outfit but agreed it was a bit Halloween-y, right idea but needed more Glamazon.

I suspect we're getting them because they're cheap- but the thing is, they had things like the exercise videos in S3 that would be way, way better at letting people do things besides read crappy lines.
Totally agree.

Vitanimus

considering the title for one of the future episodes and one of the rumors about
eliminated queens returning and pairing up with another queen and getting to stay, I really want trixie back 😪

kirblar

I wonder if the Untucked editing team is completely different than the regular editing team, because Ginger is being kept relatively "clean" on the main show, but you get a radically different person on Untucked.

cory64

I wonder if the Untucked editing team is completely different than the regular editing team, because Ginger is being kept relatively "clean" on the main show, but you get a radically different person on Untucked.

I think you're right; on the main show Ginger is shady, but on Untucked she's Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part One) blocking-out-the-sun shady. I'd chalk it up to the poor response to Darienne's edit and them not wanting to throw another big girl under the bus again, but Ginger is an order of magnitude meaner than Darienne and yet she gets to look like this season's Bianca.

And don't even get me started on Kennedy, Queen of Bitterhal

zeopower6

I believe it is. Same production but different story producers work on the main show vs. Untucked. It used to be the same for both... I think.

In the main show, I feel Ginger is being portrayed as a 'strong contender' that has horrible style and a lack of self awareness. She's funny, but only funny enough to tide you over for a bit before you realize she's a bitch. She definitely doesn't seem like Bianca at least to me... no one is really on Bianca's level this season. (closest would be MAX or Katya IMO)

KiN0

I believe it is. Same production but different story producers work on the main show vs. Untucked. It used to be the same for both... I think.

In the main show, I feel Ginger is being portrayed as a 'strong contender' that has horrible style and a lack of self awareness. She's funny, but only funny enough to tide you over for a bit before you realize she's a bitch. She definitely doesn't seem like Bianca at least to me... no one is really on Bianca's level this season. (closest would be MAX or Katya IMO)

I'd say max is more like Dela while Katya is closer to Willam.

But yeah, Ging has definitely been getting an undeserved winner's edit.

zeopower6

If Ginger wins, I think I want to pull a Mariah.

VCMKORa.gif

And on that note, Mariah is also a queen I would want to see do talking heads forever and ever. THE DECLARATION OF DRAGPENDENCE.

Funny that the winning team also features 2 of the worst looks of the week. >__________> Why the hell did Ginger think she was going to win? Her Michelle was... uh... a thing. I hope she flops in a future challenge so she's knocked off her high horse.

KENNEDY NEEDS TO LEAVE NOW. Immature old bitch.

Kandy is being pretty stank in this Untucked for being the one of the least talented alongside Kennedy in the competition tbh.

"Pearl has a bad attitude!" -bitches about her in confessionals with a bad attitude-

Rayis

I'm so done with Kennedy and Ginger, they were vile this untucked, and Ginger has nerve saying the other girls always do the same, and ironic that she said it to Miss Leotard Jaidynn

I live for the fact that Kandy talked the most out of any episode when she was eliminated, lol

zeopower6

I thought Kennedy and Ginger's bitchy banter was funny tbh

They were rolling their eyes and giving stankface for like 90% of the Untucked. It's just like... get your heads out of your asses and be a bit more open minded, would you?

Kandy thinking the judges aren't seeing that she's doing her best... please. It's not that. It's that her best isn't good enough. :/

Wilsongt

Bye, Felicia.

I am leaning Peal, Ginger, Max, and Katya. I don't see the appeal of Violet, tbh. Fame lost me recently.

cory64

Did they increase Kennedy's medications or something? She seemed off in addition to her bitter stanky attitude.

KiN0

Did they increase Kennedy's medications or something? She seemed off in addition to her bitter stanky attitude.

She was just as bad here as she was in the Shakespeare challenge. She's just bitter and desperate for attention. Not to mention she's insecure about her place in this competition.

I'm over Ginger the moment she criticizes what the other girls (especially Max) are bringing to the runway. Like gurl you may do well in the challenges but if anyone's runway looks are a horrible bore it's yours.

zeopower6

I'm over Ginger the moment she criticizes what the other girls (especially Max) are bringing to the runway. Like gurl you may do well in the challenges but if anyone's runway looks are a horrible bore it's yours.

Seriously, she wore a fucking spirit hood with an ugly black sequenced(!) dress or w/e. Is she gonna tell us that the dress cost 5000 dollars here too?

royalan

Watching the episode now...

I literally gagged when I saw that Merle was a guest judge. Lookin good, Merle!

I miiiiiiiiiiisssss herrrrrrrr

mantidor

The win again made no sense at all wth? I am glad Katya won because I like her but others did better in both runway and challenge, and it was the weakest group for me. This bias towards Ginger gets on my nerves, she is not as funny or talented as the show tries to paint her and no ammount of editing is going to change that, I feel is absolute transparent at this point.

kiii @ kennedy being a two faced little coward in untucked
Miss "im not pulling a face because anythings wrong and if I had something to say I'd say it" but let me go and bitch a moan in confessionals
the cheek of her coming for anyone for not being prepared when she shows up in that fucking disaster

Ive never been here for bitter or jaded queens. Didn't like it when roxy did it, didnt like it when phiphi did it and I'm not liking it when Kennedy, ginger and kandy sit around and do nothing but bitch and moan

You think you're better then be better and send them home and stop fucking crying about it

iAzHromEZkcOy.gif

Monocle

Ginger and Kennedy are trash, talking down to their betters. They should count themselves blessed to sit in the same room with Max. Tired bitter hags, the both of them.

zeopower6

The win again made no sense at all wth? I am glad Katya won because I like her but others did better in both runway and challenge, and it was the weakest group for me. This bias towards Ginger gets on my nerves, she is not as funny or talented as the show tries to paint her and no ammount of editing is going to change that, I feel is absolute transparent at this point.

Yeah, I was confused as hell. Katya is fierce, yes. But wtf? This win made Ginger and Kennedy's heads get even further up their asses.

mantidor

Kennedy's outfit was horrendous she deserved bottom two just for that, at the very least a low safe, her Ru was also terrible.... seriously urrgh these results are irritating.

But overall I did like the challenge, it might be another acting challenge but it was also a history lesson for newcomers and Merle was delightful as always.

zeopower6

Kennedy's outfit was horrendous she deserved bottom two just for that, at the very least a low safe, her Ru was also terrible.... seriously urrgh these results are irritating.

But overall I did like the challenge, it might be another acting challenge but it was also a history lesson for newcomers and Merle was delightful as always.

Her "explanation" wasn't even witty.

"I was hookin' and then he killed me but then I was reborn and crystallized as a glamazon!"

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have too many thoughts after watching this episode, but I will agree that the girls of this season have been consistently fierce on the runway... save for Kennedy?

On the other hand, none of them are good actors/singers/trained comics and they really really need to stop these challenges because everyone ends up looking bad. Two of the teams were really hard to watch.

A stand out in this episode was definitely Jayden. That girl so really genuine and I related to her story, like I'm sure many others, to tears. Her lipsync was also solid, but I'm not gonna lie— Kandy was trash in everything but her lip-syncing. From her body movement, to her hand gestures, to her facial expressions, they're all on point, imo. But by the third time it may have gotten repetitive and I do agree with whomever said the right bitch went home.

Anyhow. When is Kennedy going home again? It's almost statistically impossible for someone to be this dull in front of the camera. Like, do better, bitch. Do better.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Coco did the look better and I didnt even like Coco's look on that challenge.
RPDR+S5E6+16.jpg

The way they are handling eliminations is weird cause there are at times people performing worse than the ones on the bottom two and they barely get read for the performances. Kennedy has been trash most of the time and Ginger rarely gets read when her looks are pedestrian for most of the part with a big wig. I am happy Kandy Ho was eliminated and I think Ms Fierce might be going next with the way the things are going for her and her lack of polish and usually weak performance. (I haven't checked next episode sneak peak so I have no clue)

I hope a miracle happens and gives up a double elimination of Ginger and Kennedy to give me some life. I dont hate Violet like I disliked her at first. Ms Fame is starting to show some weirdness that makes her likable. Max has kept her shit together the whole time and Pearl seems to be picking it up now in terms of showing a personality even if the act is acting like he has no emotions for most of the part. Katya I kinda want more after looking at Ruflections and Rugrets. Overall the cast this season is not exactly messy in terms of personalities but the polish is all over the place.

EDIT: I believe next episode
is rumored to be the one where Violet goes full on bitch so Im really perched for it.

mantidor

I am curious about how true is that Max mantains her elegant persona only on camera while she's a shady bitch behind it as Ginger said, I don't think someone can mantain an act like that in a reality show, and if they can they are damn talented then.

cory64

I am curious about how true is that Max mantains her elegant persona only on camera while she's a shady bitch behind it as Ginger said, I don't think someone can mantain an act like that in a reality show, and if they can they are damn talented then.

We saw it break on Untucked

ioAITWz3S90Tf.gif

mantidor

What did she said? I remember it was on the lines of "oh who's drag is always the same? Herself?" Talking about Minj, which after all that shade thrown at her seemed almost a cool headed response,

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Side note: I continue to live for Miss Fame's cluelessness and emotional diva moments. I did not expect to find her entertaining in this fashion when the cast was announced.

Gradon

I loved Ginger at first but I'm getting fed up with the arrogant bitchiness about the other queens. Kennedy is annoying as well. Nicest girl this season (so far) has to go to Jaidynn.
I swear Kennedy would've been bottom 2 if it wasn't for Gingers team winning.

kirblar

I loved Ginger at first but I'm getting fed up with the arrogant bitchiness about the other queens. Kennedy is annoying as well. Nicest girl this season (so far) has to go to Jaidynn.
I swear Kennedy would've been bottom 2 if it wasn't for Gingers team winning.
She definitely would have been- that runway outfit was unforgivably bad.

Yado

Didn't Kennedy win the infomercial challenge? I didn't think she was anywhere near the standout that week either, I don't get it.

None of them particularly stood out, she just happened to appeal to the judges more I suppose. This is what it's been like every week so far to me.

I think people are overreacting to Kennedy and Ginger's attitudes, (maybe because they don't see it for the fandom's beloved girls?) there is absolutely nothing wrong with throwing some shade. I'd expect nothing less from drag queens on a reality show.

Wilsongt

The Ginger hate train has already left the station.

I still like her so, *shrug*

I don't understand the Violet love, though. Sure, her runways look good, but she always bombs for me in the acting challenges and the way she gets huffy in the work room when teams are assigned is annoying.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Same here. I'm still a fan. I don't sense any genuine hate or malice from her shade and confessionals. She continues to be the most entertaining queen in the diary room as far as I'm concerned.

zeopower6

I will say that the show would probably be boring if they don't keep Ginger around so... Top 3 guaranteed for Ginger so she has talking heads about how the younger queens suck ass?

I guess it's just annoying to see them throw shade about certain things like the 'look' when they aren't exactly proficient themselves. It reminds me of when Yara and Alexis got all bitchy about the judges liking the Heathers or whatever. "I think I'm fierce and sickening!" -looks like she glued cold cuts to her skirt-

I'm trying to think of who can be the consummate winner of the show... these queens are brilliant in their own right but I'm not sure who has the most cross appeal to validate the crown on her head.

The closest is Katya by far because she has incredible charisma, she's sweet, really smart, and has fierce fashions. The problem though is she has a total Alaska edit so far. If she owns Snatch Game then I think she'll be the one to beat.

Ginger would be a close second given that she's funny and polished and a great performer (and a big girl to boot), but yeah I do feel like she's being painted in a bad light especially on Untucked. It's too bad because without her bitchiness she'd be the definite front-runner.

Pearl, Violet, Fame and Max are amazing runway queens, but yeah once the flash is boxed up there isn't much charisma left to carry on. Max is most ahead in this lot though.

zeopower6

It has been a while since Tyra's youth (21 at the time) won... maybe they want to crown another young queen that represents the 'evolution' of drag? If they want to crown Ginger just for the sake of crowning a big girl, people are going to be sooo unhappy.

The fact that there were lighter moments [check Katya's Tumblr] and all they chose to show during Untucked was the shade is kind of telling.

Vitanimus

I don't think anyone say tyra as. the "evolution of drag". I always thought it was widely accepted that the earlier seasons Ru was genuinely looking for someone similar to him to "pass the torch" and tyra was close to the mould. obviously as seasons have progressed drag race is more of a marketing machine now which is especially prevalent on this season.

this season feels so meta and self referential, it's kinda weird. the show has its own culture and at the risk of hyperbole, given a new life to the drag scene. it's especially apparent that most queens on this season know that it doesn't matter if they don't win. just being on the show for a couple of episodes is all you need, ie trixie mattel.

zeopower6

I don't think anyone say tyra as. the "evolution of drag". I always thought it was widely accepted that the earlier seasons Ru was genuinely looking for someone similar to him to "pass the torch" and tyra was close to the mould. obviously as seasons have progressed drag race is more of a marketing machine now which is especially prevalent on this season.

this season feels so meta and self referential, it's kinda weird. the show has its own culture and at the risk of hyperbole, given a new life to the drag scene. it's especially apparent that most queens on this season know that it doesn't matter if they don't win. just being on the show for a couple of episodes is all you need, ie trixie mattel.

Hm, I should have said "a young queen that represents the evolution of drag as opposed to Tyra who was young/talented BUT also a Ru-a-like". Whoops. I think Raven should have won, tbh.

royalan

Hm, I should have said "a young queen that represents the evolution of drag as opposed to Tyra who was young/talented BUT also a Ru-a-like". Whoops. I think Raven should have won, tbh.

**yawn**

Y'all can come for Tyra all you want, claim she only won for being a "Ru-a-like" but y'all haters know the truth:

Tyra slayed each and every runway. One of the few queens in the history of the show to not have one bad runway. Even Raja had a bad runway.

And the only challenge Tyra did objectively poor on was the one she had immunity for... From slaying the week prior.

I liked Raven, but Ru couldn't have given the crown to her due to how poorly she started out. And even though she finished strong, Raven's best was no better than what Tyra had been doing that whole season.

Tyra was a bitch, a huge bitch, but she earned her win fair and square.

Yeah, Tyra won that shit fair and square. Even Raven's looks weren't as polished as Tyra's. Incredible talent at 21 years old.

Also, her apathetic drawl and non-reaction to everything was fucking hilarious.

zeopower6

I thought it was pretty neck and neck by the end. Tyra did turn it out every week on the runway at least though even if she was stank. Raven ending up eternally in number 2 and Jujubee having the never-won-a-challenge-but-fierce-as-fuck curse even in All Stars. :(

"Tyra hates me because I said Beyonce had cellulite!"

Season 2 had the best Untucked episodes.

I don't think the Ru-a-like thing was entirely why she won but it was a big factor I think in addition to the killing it on the runway. After Nina lost to Bebe... :/ At least things started to change with S3. I will say that since then, the first two winners have been pretty invisible compared to the rest of the queens. Tyra only got attention recently (ish) because of her trouble with the law and that one (violent) music video she starred in and Bebe who?

Kandy was really forgettable the whole season, but she had a really classy and dignified exit on Untucked.

Showed more personality in those few minutes packing her stuff, playing with her prop candy, and flirting with the crew than the rest of the entire season combined.

zeopower6

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spoilers... short synopses + guest judges for the next few eps up until 11. Some crazyass shit too in the week after next.

Conjoined Queens
Series 7 · Episode 8
A contestant returns, and the queens pair up to give each other conjoined drag-twin makeovers. With guest judges LeAnn Rimes and Nelsan Ellis (True Blood's Lafayette).

Divine Inspiration
Series 7 · Episode 9
The queens perform in musical versions of cult director John Waters' most iconic films. With guest judges Demi Lovato and John Waters.

Prancing Queens
Series 7 · Episode 10
The queens are challenged to prance their padded asses off in a live drag dance spectacular. With guest judges Alyssa Milano (Charmed) and comedian Rachael Harris (The Hangover).

Hello, Kitty Girls!
Series 7 · Episode 11
The queens compete in a pageant of Hello Kitty inspired couture. Rebecca Romijn (X-Men) and former Drag Race panelist Santino Rice guest judge.

THAT ONE THING. X_____________X I can't even right now, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom