• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

...you guys do know that since the episode has aired, you guys don't have to spoiler conversation about it, right? lol

I've never seen a thread so confused on spoiler etiquette. lol

zeopower6

...you guys do know that since the episode has aired, you guys don't have to spoiler conversation about it, right? lol

The episode still hasn't aired on the west coast.

For me, I figure a good time to stop spoiler tagging is midnight Pacific/3am Eastern since that is when the full episode is placed online and people usually all watch that and kiki after. Until then, ~~~~spoilers~~~~. DEFINITELY by the time Untucked comes out on YouTube, lol. (like noon Eastern the following day)

B-Dex

I had to buy a season pass on iTunes so I don't get to watch till like 12am pacific.

I blame my trash logo equivalent in my country.

Rayis

I'm really not happy with the elimination just being based on the lipsync, the eliminated queen was much better than the other one in the competition overall

At least we know who's going to win Miss Congeniality now

In other news, FUCKIN' VIOLET'S RUNWAY LOOK SLAYED ME, this girl has fashion for ages.

zeopower6

T about eliminated queen's 'meltdown':
It was all editing and apparently Ru asked her to sing something. MAX also was told she had a moment to "readjust" during judging and get a drink or whatever but was edited to make it look like she was being unprofessional. o_o

mantidor

Urgh I hate I can't watch this live, or at least close to it, I can't resist and I end up always watching it through your blacked bars posts. :p

So now
male
drag is ok? Sometimes I feel the show is way too transparent. We know it's not "reality" but at least make an effort to sound consistent.

The new untuck episode is not up. Does that usually update the day after or is it just purposely late?

I feel like I've always watched the untuck episodes the day of.

lol
For real??
I won't lie...I didn't know this.
In that case (since it aired here on the best coast an hour or so ago...)...
This was a pretty surprising episode, but what shocked me the most was.....

Violet was actually funny; like seriously, I expected her to bomb hard like Miss Fame and Max but her Alyssa impression was actually pretty entertaining and eerily on point.
Also, I'm guessing keeping those incredibly long gorgeous nails on is an art in and of itself because one of those puppies went flying when Violet hit the table during her intro. lol
In the end I wish she took it up a few notches, but she's not really a comedy queen so as a fan I'm quite happy with what I got
The same goes for Pearl, her snatch game was surprisingly entertaining; I honestly didn't expect her to do well either, but luckily she proved me wrong.

Kenndy's little Richard though...wow, I honestly thought I was gonna choke to death; she had me rollin'.
Like Michelle, I'm not a fan of faux king ( or "boy drag" as they call it) stuff in drag race but she knocked it out of the park this episode.
Ginger's Adelle was funny...but I honestly didn't expect to win alongside KD's LR...so again, lots of surprises this episode.
Overall, I thought this was a pretty awesome snatch game!

On the runway side of things Fame, Violet, Max, and Pearl were killing it as usual; there is really nothing else to say on that front other than they're all too beautiful for this world.

Honestly...I'm surprised and a bit bummed out that Max went home tonight...choosing to do Sharon was a such a dumb move for a very smart and talented young PRUDISH queen to make.
:<

I am done with S7. I hope the ratings pumplet, drag race is cancelled and logo gets off air. The stupid edit they did on the eliminated queen is offensive and should be illegal. Trying to characterize her as psychotic is disgusting. #rant.

Anyway,
Max deserved a warning instead of an instant boot. Ru is dumb. this will hopefully further her image more tho. I think we saw all Max was able to give, like BenDela during that first lip sync. It is kind of angering considering Max was versible than she allowed herself to show

I wonder if she had another impersonation in mind. I mean, Sharon originally was gonna do GaGa.

I'm honestly a little surprised that she didn't go with a cutesy innocent character who would say surprisingly dirty things after lulling her audience into thinking she was wholesome...it would kind of take her out of her comfort zone while also playing to her strengths in a way.

cory64

10 contestants feels like too many. 8 contestants feels like too few. 9 truly is the magic number for Snatch Game, though it didn't help that nearly everyone was just passable.

If what Max said is true, I really don't know. She didn't even get to finish her redemption arc for her hair color, and I don't see how the producers could resist that over Jaidynn's nonexistent storyline.

Monocle

WTF was up with Jaidynn's runway look? Everyone else brings decent to great fashion and JDF, bless her heart, looks like she's just passing through on her way to turn tricks at the homeless shelter. Shockingly bad.

Max being eliminated before Jaidynn is the joke to end all jokes. Truly baffling. It's as though Sharon Needles was sent home by Madame LaQueer. (Let's not even talk about the disrespectful editing.) If Max doesn't end up as the returning queen (and she's honestly the only one among the eliminated contestants who's remotely interesting and skilled enough to deserve it), that'll be some real bullshit, and my interest in this season will seriously plummet. Whether you like Max or not, you can't tell me with a straight face that Jaidynn Diore Fierce of all people is better than she is at any element of drag. Not even that she's a more entertaining TV personality. Bland and tired at best vs. affected and eccentric at worst. Hmm.

Kennedy's foul attitude continues to annoy me, but unfortunately she did well both in Snatch Game and on the runway. Never mind, I'm sure her time will come soon.

Pearl didn't bomb in Snatch Game like I expected. Good for her.

Katya and Miss Fame's moment was nice. It's interesting how an artist of Katya's caliber suffers so much self-doubt while people who personify true mediocrity can't find enough hours in the day to shower scorn on others. Katya reminds me of Detox, the way she seems to effortlessly evoke a powerful woman the moment she steps out in drag. From what I've seen on Drag Race, it's a rare quality.

Vitanimus

this episode was truly vexing. max definitely deserved bottom 3, but going home? no. that whole corset on stage thing was also done off camera so that's just the producers trying to make max look like a fool.

I don't mind one of ginger man or Kennedy winning but both? nah. the bias is REAL. both their runways and mediocre all through the season and it's a shame that Kennedy is almost certainly gonna coast to top 5 at this rate.

Violet has snatched rajas wig, officially. her look tonight was amazing.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
a disgrace
I wont lie max bombed spectacularly this challenge, but his Sharon Needles look was so on point I would have easily have mistaken them. That besides, her performance was DIRE and she deserved to be drag through the coals for it, but being sent home was too much.
Absolute wrong decision. She should have been bottom three, with the bottom two Jaidynn and Fame with Jaidynn going home

I won't argue with Kennedy winning, she was hilarious.
As a fan it kinda annoyed me that ginger played Adele like she was dumb as a birck when shes not. But thats just nitpicking

Max best be brought back next week. Never been here for Trixie

zeopower6

I wonder why they wanted to go to that level of shadiness with the editing. It's like, really producer queens? Really? You could see some water and a snack next to her and then it cuts to things being fine like 5 seconds after >_>; I hope most viewers aren't all like "EW MAX IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL LOOK AT THIS RANDOM ASSORTMENT OF THINGS SHE DID".

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I wonder why they wanted to go to that level of shadiness with the editing. It's like, really producer queens? Really? You could see some water and a snack next to her and then it cuts to things being fine like 5 seconds after >_>; I hope most viewers aren't all like "EW MAX IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL LOOK AT THIS RANDOM ASSORTMENT OF THINGS SHE DID".

it made no fucking sense what so ever
I can only assume they did it to bring him back next week, but then why would ru announce it to the runway at the end of this show?
i dont even know
the editing was rough with this episode, noticed it throughout

I think Violet and Pearl are tied with Raja as far as runway presentations. Like jesus are those two polished.

Max absolutely deserved bottom 3 but going home is bullshit to me. She was the only queen to have won two challenges by that point, making her the obvious frontrunner going in. How do you send the frontrunner home based on a single dud? Meanwhile Fame has not even come close to snatching a win except for the first episode.

Max had won two challenges, but was sent home by someone who has won zero challenges and lip synced the week before. Bull Bull Bullshit.

Now I feel bad for Trixie coz I feel like they have no choice but to bring back Max. This was like BenDelaCreme-elimination levels of nonsense.

Matt_

I totally ship pearl and violet after untucked

SaintZ

As much as I love MAX she really was the worst in the challenge and had a bad lip sync so I can't hate too much on Ru because of the elimination and let's be real, MAX is coming back next episode so in the end everything is going to be ok.

And I hate Kennedy but I'm fine with her win since she did the best but IA about making it a double win with Gingr, that was lame and I hate when they do that in reality shows.

Let me watch Untucked.

Rayis

OK, so there's a theory going around about the returning queen so potential big spoilers

They are going to bring back all the eliminated queens and they will be paired up with one of the still participating queens in a conjoined twins challenge and whoever wins the challenge gets to stay, makes a lot of sense tbh.

zeopower6

OK, so there's a theory going around about the returning queen so potential big spoilers

They are going to bring back all the eliminated queens and they will be paired up with one of the still participating queens in a conjoined twins challenge and whoever wins the challenge gets to stay, makes a lot of sense tbh.

I watched the episode 8 preview and what Ru said in the she-mail hinted at that. Though... not sure if they would bring them back at that point. Most if not all of the girls fly home after they are eliminated. So they can't bring them ALL back as far as I know.

Matt_

usually I dont like spoilers in this thread
but this could be fucking brilliant

Oh my god, Katya! << hug >> - I felt for her in the workroom.

When Kennedy said Little Richard in the work room I could see where she was coming from since he was such a big old Nelly, but I just thought she'd get read for doing boy drag, but her look was so funny and on point, she looked like Little Richard guest starring in Golden Girls in 1985. The voice was kind of off, but the jokes were there and I loved her vampy 90s Diana Ross-ish look on the runway. Kennedy redeemed?

Ginger - I didn't like her runway and I thought her Adele was good but was kinda safe too. It wasn't no Yara Sofia doing Amy Winehouse any way.

Max - wtf? Sharon Needles - Look 10, personality 2, No. and her moment during the critique? Double no. I think even without that I would've been ok with this elimination, I was kind of over her - fun for a bite, but not a whole meal.

Rayis

I watched the episode 8 preview and what Ru said in the she-mail hinted at that. Though... not sure if they would bring them back at that point. Most if not all of the girls fly home after they are eliminated. So they can't bring them ALL back as far as I know.

True, I didn't think about that, but at the same time it would work out perfectly if they brought them all back since there are 7 competing queens and 7 eliminated queens, it would make for nice even pairs, unless they couldn't bring them all back and had to make teams of 3 or even bring queens from past seasons lol.

Was Max being shady about Jaidynn with the trashbag comment, I couldn't really get what he was saying.

And what happened to the "this is week Violet goes full on bitch mode" spoilers from last week?

B-Dex

Seems to me Max had a panic attack and used the corset as an excuse to sit down for a minute.

Next week is gonna be interesting.

Vitanimus

thanks to this episode it's safe to say any future spoilers are thrown out the window in terms of elimination order and such, so that's quite fun

Untucked was amazing.

Is it possible to watch that episode and not ship for Klutz-Pearl and Violet, what hilarious chemistry
lol.gif

And Katya and Ginger, their Madonna antics.

If this whole drag thing doesn't work out, then Boy-Max has a career in modeling. That shot of him smoking in the car made me feel things I hadn't yet felt.

4b6ec38bed.png

Classic film noir glam realness

zeopower6

Seems to me Max had a panic attack and used the corset as an excuse to sit down for a minute.

Next week is gonna be interesting.

Possibly. Feeling like you can't breathe while on stage like that... gotta try to fix it and first thing is to loosen tight shit. It was pretty messed up that they aired it and the 'song' but whatever.

I am finishing up Untucked and I think the B2 should have been Fame/Jaidynn with a stern warning for MAX. :/ And she was soooo shading Jaidynn about the Garbage Bag Race thing.

Was Max being shady about Jaidynn with the trashbag comment, I couldn't really get what he was saying.

And what happened to the "this is week Violet goes full on bitch mode" spoilers from last week?

They didn't come true because (looking back at them) they were based on shaky rumors that were mostly supported by vague comments that Trixie had made about her on twitter and red carpet interviews; vague comments which could easily be interpreted as shady jokes on Trixie's part.
Tbh, as soon as Trixie got eliminated early on I knew something was fishy about those rumors.
Also as soon as we learned that Max didn't (and couldn't) win the "death becomes her" runway that rumor/spoiler was completely debunked.

Violet's ass is so so so good. Lord.

Even the camera crew can't stop focusing on it.

I love her so much! <3 <3

kirblar

Trixie not having a reason manufactured for her exit made no sense considering what show it is. If they booted her just to randomly boot someone decent for the sake of the twist, that's pretty screwed up.

Sooooooooo... where's all the outrage at shady queens this week?
ibvu7WLfsT2gP2.gif

Or is it okay this week because it was the young skinny girls Max, Pearl and Violet?
iHcdcFtNTjWHi.gif

Bye Max "I wasn't aware that it was America's Next Garbage Bag Race" Malanaphy. Don't let the door hit you.
iwGghwH6KhtVg.gif

royalan

ibvu7WLfsT2gP2.gif

Or is it okay this week because it was the young skinny girls Max, Pearl and Violet?
iHcdcFtNTjWHi.gif

Bye Max "I wasn't aware that it was America's Next Garbage Bag Race" Malanaphy. Don't let the door hit you.
iwGghwH6KhtVg.gif

#OOP

Anyway, just watched the episode. Am I the only one who thought that Max's lip sync was better than JDF? Jaidynn should have been penalized for doing that same damn arm flailing she did in the last lip sync. There was no connection to the song, you could flip the tracks from this week and last and her dancing would have fit, and at several points you could see her give up on even lip syncing. Time to go Jaidynn. I really want to root for you, but you're not growing, and you're fucking up in the same way every week.

Max flopped this week, but she definitely had more to give, and she'd been performing so consistently up to this point, it really makes you question Ru's decision-making. Some queens seem to get infinite passes (BYE ALREADY PEARL), yet other queens who perform consistently get sent packing on the first slip.

mantidor

I also just saw the episode, and I'm starting to entertain the idea of stop supporting the show, this shit is so stupidly scripted and manipulative at the expense of all the queens involved... that edit of bitchiness last week and now the two bitches win? Sorry but this is transparent. Little Richard was ok, but Adele was nowhere near as good, not good enough for a double win, what a bunch of horshit. Violet was better (which really surprise me).

Are we really to believe Max only answered two questions in the whole challenge? are the really expecting us to be so gullible that she started singing out of nowhere? It became rather obvious what happened there, so that edit was not even shady, it was just mean spirited, and makes me question every other edit so far in this show.

I feel I can only judge these queens based on their runways which cannot be edited that much. It also makes obvious Trixie elimination was for the sake of drama, it's almost offensive the way the think their audience is stupid.

Now to untucked... lets see if it at least gets better there.

royalan

I also wasn't a fan of the double win.

Ginger's Adele wasn't bad, but Kennedy's Little Richard was clearly the stand-out, AND she nailed it while taking the biggest risk of all the girls.

Not to mention, her runway killed.

That win should have been her's alone. If any one thing is bothering me, it's the hardon the show has for Ginger. She's not a bad contestant by any means, but she's really not that strong, and it's like they're giving her the Bianca edit.

Wilsongt

I did like pearl and Violets interaction this week. Pearl was serving Runway Model Tripping Over Hee Shoes realness.

Violet's nail was not having it during Snatch Game.

Also, Milk clocked Michelle on Instagram. Making the comparison to Milk finally giving michelle what she wanted, yet still going home ala Max.

Monocle

ibvu7WLfsT2gP2.gif

iHcdcFtNTjWHi.gif

iwGghwH6KhtVg.gif
Nobody minds shade. It's the vulgar, malicious, verging-on-bullying remarks I take issue with. Ginger and Kennedy are just mean, and that's not entertaining. That's not in the spirit of the competition. Show me where Max, Pearl, or Violet have matched their level of spite. You can't, because they haven't. (Although Violet does have her moments.)

mantidor

ibvu7WLfsT2gP2.gif

iHcdcFtNTjWHi.gif

iwGghwH6KhtVg.gif

I just saw untucked and I don't know what the hell are you talking about.

Outrage came from one of the worst runways in seven seasons (kennedy) talking down on some of the best runways in seven seasons, that wasn't shady either it was just stupid and made Kennedy and Ging look reaaaly bad, not to mention Ru's decisions completely baffling.

And again, thats their edit! I cannot believe for a second they didn't have good things to say about Violet's death become her look, but we barely heard them.

royalan

Nobody minds shade. It's the vulgar, malicious, verging-on-bullying remarks I take issue with. Ginger and Kennedy are just mean, and that's not entertaining. That's not in the spirit of the competition. Show me where Max, Pearl, or Violet have matched their level of spite. You can't, because they haven't. (Although Violet does have her moments.)

Violet certainly has.

ib0y0PnfFoVwYi.gif

They said what? Pearl's padding was trash and she really didn't have a concept? They said Max came out with the same nothing makeup and a gray wig every week. Did they lie? Nope. Did Ginger not say what she was thinking in front of Max and not off in the corner like a little fraidy cat? You've gotta be soft as charmin to think any of that was "vulgar, malicious, verging-on-bullying." It's also a dubious complaint when everyone's champion is a nasty ageist trollop. But it's okay because she slays the runway. Child boo.

I'll say this; I thought what Ginger and Kennedy said was A) true, and B) funny. I was equally unbothered by the shade Pearl, Max, and Violet were throwing. Take it how you want it sis, but it IS bothersome season after season to read how the old and fat queens are bitter, mean, and nasty, and how dare they come for my fave blah blah blah etc. Who watches reality TV shows for peace love and kumbya anyway?

Vc3btSS.gif

I don't know what gay utopia everyone else is living in but the gays I knew coming up were the most vicious biting bitches I ever met, and that was if they liked you. Gays used to be made of sturdier stuff.

ibgUa5gBaevPae.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom